Author Topic: Occupations.  (Read 19102 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Occupations.
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 06:51:13 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
i considered going in to geriatrics. I love hanging with old people, but like Jess it just made me so sad...I can't handle being so attached to a person and watching them deteriorate. So I give you all the credit in the world Jen!

You should be a librarian like I'm going to be :-P Reference librarians make the big $$

Really, who says "When I grow up, I want to be cold, distant and unfashionable?"  :razz:

oh, she's already got that down!!!  She's made quite a stir at bingo, let me tell you.

Ps- Anthropology is the best major ever.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Occupations.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 07:00:21 am »
When I'm old I want to wear Gucci loafers day in and day out, but...
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

LimeTwister

Occupations.
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 07:11:35 am »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
i considered going in to geriatrics. I love hanging with old people, but like Jess it just made me so sad...I can't handle being so attached to a person and watching them deteriorate. So I give you all the credit in the world Jen!

You should be a librarian like I'm going to be :-P Reference librarians make the big $$

Really, who says "When I grow up, I want to be cold, distant and unfashionable?"  :razz:

oh, she's already got that down!!!  She's made quite a stir at bingo, let me tell you.

I was thinking the same thing!

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Occupations.
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 07:18:53 am »
You don't have to be old, distant, and unfashionable!!! Silly, just wear some Gucci loafers or, for a woman, a Versace gown.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Occupations.
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 08:28:42 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

I was thinking the same thing!

you're just jealous you didn't win $25 like I did.

LimeTwister

Occupations.
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 02:36:00 pm »
you.caught.me.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Occupations.
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 03:08:10 pm »

My bro is an Anthro/Archeology major.  Graduating in August.  He's doing an internship right now... with a professor at his school in Texas.  Going to grad school somewhere in Texas, ohh I forget where.  He loves it though.

and jess, you crack me up.  I give you lotsa credit, people who go to bingo can be rather fiesty.  watch out!  hahaha
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Occupations.
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 05:11:38 pm »
you laugh gina, but it's true! I only had three lap boards and won a game, and everyone around me had anywhere from at least 20-50. The looks of death I got were exponential :-P

LimeTwister

Occupations.
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 05:40:57 pm »
you laugh gina, but it's true! I only had three lap boards and one a game, and everyone around me had anywhere from at least 20-50. The looks of death I got were exponential :-P

the old lady even brags!

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Occupations.
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 03:19:50 am »
haha, I believe it Jess.  I've heard lots of stories about the people at Bingo :wink:
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Occupations.
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 05:51:34 am »
My grandmother enjoys bingo. I don't enjoy bingo.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Occupations.
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 06:30:47 am »
Quote from: "Gina"

My bro is an Anthro/Archeology major.  Graduating in August.  He's doing an internship right now... with a professor at his school in Texas.  Going to grad school somewhere in Texas, ohh I forget where.  He loves it though.

and jess, you crack me up.  I give you lotsa credit, people who go to bingo can be rather fiesty.  watch out!  hahaha

One of my friends from Anthro field methods did an ethnography at Oneonta Bingo.  It was quite interesting.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Occupations.
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 09:32:44 am »

Oh snap!  :razz:
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Hey!
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2006, 10:01:19 am »
I have seriously thought of being a librarian myself, but in most places you need an MLS (masters of Library Science) and I'm not going into grad school anytime soon (if ever). So we'll see.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Re: Hey!
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2006, 02:25:24 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I have seriously thought of being a librarian myself, but in most places you need an MLS (masters of Library Science) and I'm not going into grad school anytime soon (if ever). So we'll see.

yeah there's no undergrad for Library Science...I'm doing English Lit. right now for undergrad. I considered doing Education as well so that I could be a school librarian, but I don't want to do education since I have no desire to be a teacher. So, public/reference librarian I shall be.