Author Topic: i'm working with amazingly passionate, MUSICAL people  (Read 2396 times)

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
i'm working with amazingly passionate, MUSICAL people
« on: October 12, 2006, 02:48:44 am »
Did anyone notice the way she emphasized musical? A few months ago (june) she made a post talking about the Chronicles of Narnia

so excited. in addition to working on my album stuff i just demoed 6 new songs for the chronicles of narnia musical. man, i hope they use this stuff. it's super good. stephan and i worked on it together in his new badass sf studio. musicals rock when the songs are really good. anyway just one of many things goin on.

maybe this means that she was accepted to compose for the show!
peace
steven
Peace
-S

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:17:32 am »
hmmm... it's possible..... I thought she was just talking about the new album but it makes sense :)
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 12:29:51 pm »
I think maybe you're looking into it too deep. I think she was just talking about the album, otherwise she would have told us she was accepted onto the musical as it's pretty big news.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 06:44:30 pm »
actually, the same thought crossed my mind.  Maybe she can't just come out and say it for legal reasons, or because it's not finalized... who knows? That'd be so awesome if she scored the gig. Ah, punny.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 06:59:30 pm »
Saying something is "musical" is a compliment.  It doesn't necessarily mean "A musical".  I was at a mastering session recently and said "that compressor is so dang musical", and I meant that the thing sounded good, and added to the sound we were looking for.  Actually, there are only a few musicals I like.

I think things are being read into Vanessa's statement.  Maybe she feels that the people she is with now get her kind of music, but who knows?  Hey, I hope she got that gig.  More bucks for her!

Dan/NS

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 05:53:50 am »
But she over stated MUSICAL, I think maybe she can not or does not want to just come out and say it, I know it is reading into something a lot, but I would not be surprised... and yes I know what musical means.. it is just that she made it so like caps
Peace
-S

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 11:04:49 pm »
she probably emphasises it because it'd be a shock to see The Inc being a group of passionate MUSICAL people. their old label was rap and thats different from the true essence of music (instruments, writing your own songs, etc) so maybe she was just emphasising the fact that this label IS about the music. or she could have emphasised it because her old label was more about making money than the music?

i doubt she was imlpying anything with emphasising MUSICAL anyway.