Author Topic: Melanie C  (Read 1725 times)

Paul

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - POR999@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Melanie C
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:34:17 am »
She has co-written more number ones in UK chart history than any other artist. Melanie C is on her fourth studio album. 'This Time' is out now internationally and exclusive mix of all 12 tracks can be heard at www.myspace.com/melaniecmusic

Largely self-penned as per usual, Melanie returns with a melancholic effort, with opening track hinting Coldplay/Keane, next single 'Carolyna' feeling RHCP's esque and it audibly comes across that Melanie is recording with her live band throughout the record.

Her hits include: Northern Star, Never Be The Same Again, I Turn To You, Here It Comes Again, Yeh Yeh Yeh, Next Best Superstar, and First Day Of My Life.

Debut 'Northern Star' was largely produced by Rick Rubin and Orbit (RHCP, Madonna...).  It spurned the US Dance Hit, 'I Turn To You', mixed by Hex Hector.

Sophmore album 'Reason' had a mix of producers including David Arnold (Bond and Film Tracks), and featured Melanie's first collaboration with Peter Vettesse in co-writing which has created some of her best efforts.

Third record, 'Beautiful Intentions' was Melanie's first album released on her own independant label 'Red Girl Records' and sold over 500,000 copies worldwide.

Now, she is back with a fourth studio album, 'This Time' which IS available on US ITunes.

I would personally reccomend: 'Understand', 'Carolyna', 'Forever Again', 'Your Mistake'. Would be interested to see what Nessa fans thought :)

x

Paul

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - POR999@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Melanie C
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 08:28:01 am »
Melanie's new single, 'Carolyna':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8y1qL_HLQE

International fans can buy it from www.myspace.com/buycarolyna