Author Topic: Pomegranates  (Read 13682 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2004, 09:21:11 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
Quote from: "Gina"
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
awww, your allergic to milk, that stinks.

I love milk and ice!!!!

:D

i know it totally sucks, i loooove ice cream so much- but i guess i'd rather not eat it cuz having ur throat close up sucks haha.

i just became allergic about 9 months ago... *misses cookie dough ice cream*  :wink:

Milk is my fave drink! So I'd miss the milk more than the ice cream if that happened to me.
But you should def try to tofutti ice cream, i think it tastes good! :)

I think i will... but i gotta find somewhere that has it.  I was going to try Rice milk ice cream (Rice Dream)... cuz i know they have that at Wegmans, but i guess maybe at Health Food stores they would :D
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Manda

• View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2004, 09:42:37 am »
I'm allergic to certain spices and stuff, I have to be careful when I eat pizza. lol

I had pizza at the mall, and my throat closed up and I was rushed to the er

:?

I love pizza/italian food though :(

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Gina

• View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2004, 10:03:05 am »
I'm allergic to certain spices and stuff, I have to be careful when I eat pizza. lol

Manda

THAT SUCKS!!!! my throats closed up a few times but i suffered thru it, used my inhaler and eventually was okay lol. but it happened one time (the first time actually) in a restaurant and i was gagging, and gasping for air... it was AWEFUL but i didn't even go then, who knows why, but i suffered, and eventually it sorta got better...
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Pomegranates
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2004, 11:18:27 am »

Manda

THAT SUCKS!!!! my throats closed up a few times but i suffered thru it, used my inhaler and eventually was okay lol. but it happened one time (the first time actually) in a restaurant and i was gagging, and gasping for air... it was AWEFUL but i didn't even go then, who knows why, but i suffered, and eventually it sorta got better...

8O Thats horrable!!!!!!
....im lucky im not allergic to a lot of things..
only like erethromycin(some medicine that i cant even spell correctally!)

Manda

• View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2004, 12:04:56 pm »
it does, I have some "epi" pens at my school just in case, I have never used an inhaler thingy, but the needle I have to jam it in my arm and it stings really bad but it opens my throat and I can breathe

Oh, I'm allergic to some certain type of clothing, acrylic makes me get hives. my aunt bought me a sweater that was made of that and oh boy, I looked like I had chicken pox..

I miss pizza... :lol:

it sucks that we are allergic to things, but oh well....

at least I can have...*thinks*....lemon!!!

I love lemon/lime

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2004, 12:41:54 pm »
Awww poor Manda!  :cry:

I'm allergic to alot of things too! I have asthma and being around animals makes me weezy  :cry:

Oh and this is the weird one....cheese! It just makes me so sick! So whenever me and my friends I have pizza, they always put in pasta! hehe.

xox

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!

Manda

• View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2004, 12:47:23 pm »
haha, that sucks, Georgie!!!!

I hate being allergic to things I really do.

I am allergic to flea's/mosquito's yuck!

grass gives me a rash not hives, so when I play lacrosse I have to put on lots of special cream from my doctor, it really does help.

I've been using a lot of cortizone, that stuff is gross but it works

I also have Lidocaine 4% that is really strong numbing stuff, lol.

tylor2000

• View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2004, 05:38:42 pm »
I don't know why but I have trouble with rice sometimes.  If it is not cooked well or is dry I can have big problems.  I start choking and can't keep it down.  I might have an allergy to it, as allergic reactions run in my family, which is ironic becuase I have eaten tons and tons of it.  But if it is moist and cooked all the way thru I have no problems.  When I say I've eaten tons of it, it is not far from the truth.

On the other hand it is probably hard on my stomach & esophogus if not made right.  It is embarrasing when you are at someone's house and you start to have a major problem when no one else is effected.  I remember when I was a kid and no one could understand what was wrong with me a few times eating together with my family.  I understand more now, it was the rice somehow.

Edit: It always seems to happen with the rice made in a way I can't eat it and when I drink something like water or such.  All of a sudden I start choking and can't breathe.  My stomach rejects it and well you understand I'm sure.

tylor

Manda

• View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2004, 07:29:20 pm »
Poor guy

I'm not a huge rice fan, got rice? is so not my thing...

*hug*

Manda

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2004, 10:02:52 am »
Had my first Pomegranate today. someone at lunch was eating one so i tried some of it, it was good  :)

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2004, 03:00:07 pm »
looky what i got

jeez, that stuff is sour
but still good

Amanda

pianoplayer88

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - piano_player_88@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - musicalfreak82
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - banana_split_101
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pomegranates
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2004, 03:23:22 pm »
Pomegranate was in one of our English sentences and nobody knew what it was, or how to pronounce it  :roll:  Not even my teacher! I was the only one who knew what it was, thanx to Nessa!  I've never had one either...

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Pomegranates
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2004, 09:48:39 pm »
at the store i work at they have some fake fruit on the displays and they have some fake pomegranites
every time i see it i think of vanessa lol
and then i think about how i really want one but i cant cos theyre not in season and like impossible to find
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Pomegranates
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2004, 01:08:56 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
awww, your allergic to milk, that stinks.

I love milk and ice!!!!

i know it totally sucks, i loooove ice cream so much- but i guess i'd rather not eat it cuz having ur throat close up sucks haha.

i just became allergic about 9 months ago... *misses cookie dough ice cream*  :wink:

Milk is my fave drink! So I'd miss the milk more than the ice cream if that happened to me.
But you should def try to tofutti ice cream, i think it tastes good! :)

I think i will... but i gotta find somewhere that has it.  I was going to try Rice milk ice cream (Rice Dream)... cuz i know they have that at Wegmans, but i guess maybe at Health Food stores they would :D

I MISS ICE CREAM SO MUCH! At college they do the most gorgeous chocolate chip cookies that are freshly baked, and i can't have any of them! One non dairy ice cream that is REALLY nice is 'Swedish Glace'- thats if you can actually get it there. Personally i don't think much of rice milk!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Re: Pomegranates
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2004, 05:17:27 am »
Quote from: "VCfosheezy"
I saw the old Stephan Jenkins MTV Cribs tonight, and he mentioned Vanessa a few times... First he was like, "My girlfriend [flashes to a clip of ATM video] lives out of a suitcase [hangs head in shame], and, that's where she lives [points to a corner where a suitcase overflowing with clothes and a laptop stacked on top is]... She plays the piano, ya know." He's got a really cute lisp when he says "girlfriend". Or when he talks period! (If you couldnt tell- I REAAALLY like him.)

Then the next mention is when he's showing us his fridge and he's like: "My girlfriend (with the lisp!), she eats pomegranates, and when I say that I really mean, she eats them obsessively."

Oh yeah, he also had a VC poster framed up in his 'office'. AND he put on a red unicorn VC beanie near the end. Awh. He really does promote her a lot doesn't he?

My point, and title, is that after I found out about the pomegranate thing I had to have one! Have you guys ever found yourselves buying or trying a certain drink/food that you know your favorite band/artist likes?

I do it all the time.. :oops: and was just wondering if any of yall do too.  :?:

okay, i've watch that episode a zillion times, and he does NOT lisp when he says "girlfriend"... he has an extremely sexy voice but i've never EVER caught any lisp.
it cracks me up when he says the thing about the suitcase, and especially when he stands up, all random, and says, "she plays the piano, you know."

btw, pomegranates are gross. but it's cool that he can juggle them.
to add to what he says about VC and the pomegranates, though, he also says (dramatically), "her fingers are stained with the pomegranate thing."
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.