Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 282415 times)

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1155 on: December 13, 2005, 07:16:01 pm »
I thought everyone was being more positive about The Wreckers and all that,I had no idea there was so much criticism... I guess that we as nessaholics have simply learned to be patient when it comes to new albums , we dont stress that much :)

missbehavior

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1156 on: December 18, 2005, 11:55:02 am »
Quote from: "tricia"
Well, they called her fat, ugly, and a sellout for selling pictures of her, her husband and their baby to People (I believe), when in all reality, she's just given birth, probably very tired, and I'm sure sick of paparazzi following her around and trying to take pictures of her baby.  Selling a few pictures is one way of keeping them away for awhile.
:?

Firstly, as if the paparazzi really care. That's why she was given $10 000, instead of the millions Britney got. And nobody called her a sell out. She said she hated fame, it was asked why she'd seek it out. Fair question, I thought.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1157 on: December 18, 2005, 03:20:38 pm »
I dunno I thought you more or less called her a sellout. :?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

missbehavior

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1158 on: December 18, 2005, 04:28:30 pm »
So why did you sell your baby photos?

Saying fame ruined your life, but actively seeking it at the same time doesn't make sense to me. That's all.

That's not calling her a sell out. To me, selling out relates to the music, anyway. Where someone changes the music they make with the sole intention of selling more CDs. My opinion is that she's doing the opposite.

amberbeads

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1159 on: December 19, 2005, 06:24:05 am »
I will admit that Michelle hasn't made the best decisions regarding her career, but if she wants to ruin her career it's her prerogative and we don't really have the right to question her on it. For example, if you decided that instead of taking concert photos for your website you were going to take nursing home candids, you wouldn't appreciate me getting all up in your face about your career choices.
I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I'm just trying to have an adult discussion because for the most part I have a lot of respect for your opinions.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

missbehavior

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1160 on: December 19, 2005, 12:02:57 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I will admit that Michelle hasn't made the best decisions regarding her career, but if she wants to ruin her career it's her prerogative and we don't really have the right to question her on it. For example, if you decided that instead of taking concert photos for your website you were going to take nursing home candids, you wouldn't appreciate me getting all up in your face about your career choices.
I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I'm just trying to have an adult discussion because for the most part I have a lot of respect for your opinions.
Hahaha, oh my God you just made me laugh with that.

I actually feel really bad about what I said, and agree I shouldn't have been so forceful. It was really rude. I can't help but think her decision was already made to close the boards, though. She seemed due for a blowout, as well. Either way, I still feel pretty awful.

Oh and just one more thing...I think the worst thing she's done to ruin her career wasn't shutting down the boards, or even slagging off her label. It was slagging off The Veronicas. Nice one Branchy, slag off the number one priority act your own label has for the next year. It didn't go unnoticed, either  :?

jessicaweiser

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1161 on: December 19, 2005, 03:21:46 pm »
I think the decision was made before too. I have no idea, honestly, but that's just the feeling I get.

And yeah, dissing another band publically is just really not cool... There are artists I've opened for or met or whatever that have been dicks to me, but I would never say anything to anyone about it. Although I am an indie artist and not on Maverick. But yeah, that's not cool...

amberbeads

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1162 on: December 20, 2005, 06:42:56 am »
I agree, she shouldn't have said that... big mistake. Especially since the Veronicas are getting a lot more press than she is right now. :?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1163 on: December 20, 2005, 08:26:17 am »
I agree, she shouldn't have said that... big mistake. Especially since the Veronicas are getting a lot more press than she is right now. :?

And probably eventually more press than she's ever had.

Now I'm waiting for them to do a song with Santana as well.

That'd be hilarious.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

amberbeads

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1164 on: December 20, 2005, 12:27:48 pm »
Ew that'd be horrid :?
Those girls need to STOP holding hand. I understand that they're twins or whatever. But no one holds hands that much.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

missbehavior

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1165 on: December 20, 2005, 12:56:30 pm »
Those girls need to STOP holding hand. I understand that they're twins or whatever. But no one holds hands that much.
Haha, YES. It's so wrong. They're still playing up the whole twin lesbian thing...well Warner's forcing them to, anyway.

amberbeads

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1166 on: December 21, 2005, 11:49:37 am »
Are you serious? Yeah okay, the Tatu thing, fine, but TWIN lesbians? That crosses the line to EW.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

missbehavior

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1167 on: December 21, 2005, 12:50:58 pm »
Apparently their 4ever video was supposed to have that feel to it. I agree, it is gross. I bet it's why they're always holding hands and stuff, though.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1168 on: December 21, 2005, 07:04:47 pm »
Quote from: "missbehavior"
Haha, YES. It's so wrong. They're still playing up the whole twin lesbian thing...well Warner's forcing them to, anyway.

O_O

Wow...now there's an idea for Michelle and Jess.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1169 on: December 23, 2005, 05:41:06 am »
Quote from: "tricia"

O_O

Wow...now there's an idea for Michelle and Jess.

heheheh