Author Topic: Piano music for the songs on Harmonium...  (Read 264417 times)

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
Piano music for the songs on Harmonium...
« Reply #495 on: May 13, 2005, 04:37:10 pm »
Quote from: "Evanescence243"
what happened to that person with an accurate HAWBTW

I'm still here. Actually I'm working on it right now. It's going well for my first time. I'm so proud.  :D  This Finale program is really cool! It should be finished soon.

PianoLover24

« Reply #496 on: May 13, 2005, 06:08:45 pm »
Ok! Thanks! Is it hard? Harder than Papa?(which i can't play except for the first few measures)

Pyro

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 13, 2005, 10:35:20 pm »
I just finished it! But since it's 2 AM here, I'm going to post it later because I'll have to PrtSc all the pages, and I need some sleep!

I would say it's about the same difficulty level as Papa. However there is much more of a pattern to HaWBtW in the rythms, I think, than there is in Papa. If you can't play Papa, I can give you some tips on how to learn it.

First - Practice, Practice, Practice! Don't expect to learn it immediately because it takes time. I've practiced Papa for hours on end, and it was worth it. (Though I did end up with a lot of arm pains.)

Second - I know everyone says this, but it works, try playing it slowly. Also, try learning the parts for each hand separately, then together, then at full tempo. And try listening to the song on CD as you play it. It helps you stay on tempo and you can hear where Vanessa sings. (For me, singing can be kind of hard when the lyrics are in a different rythm than what I'm playing.)

Third - Find some friends who are great piano players. I know a lot of people who play the piano at my school, and they were nice enough to give me tips on how to play. I've been teaching myself how to play, so my technique was atrocious. I'm still working on it. Anyway, ask them if they can show you a good way to finger the notes. If you want, I can tell you how I finger the notes over AIM or something.

Also, I don't know how much musical background you have, but it also helps to be able to read music, and have a good ear. But I'm sure there are a lot of players more knowledgeable about these things than I am. If anyone else wants to give some advice, go right ahead! I'd love to hear more techniques.

Baronessa, your arrangement of Papa is fantastic! Thanks to you, I'll be playing it in a solo at my school's concert on Tuesday. Would it be alright if I make a full version of the song, using your arrangement for the opening part? I've figured out the rest, but I've yet to write it down.

beerto

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 14, 2005, 07:51:51 am »
I'm horrible with the timing in this whole song(papa)... especially in the beginning... I tried doing it with the cd but that failed..heh..Im really bad with the techinique for piano so does anybody have like counting tips while playing or something ...on the verse section where the chord repeats i dont know how many times to do it so it kinda sounds uneven... and my brother who doesnt play the piano laughs at me cuz its sounds kinda sad :roll:

Pyro

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 14, 2005, 11:49:50 am »
Here it is.  :)  I'm so proud of it, my first sheet music!

Half a Week Before the Winter

Thanks to whoever did the version earlier in the thread. Without it I'd have never been able to play it. This version isn't too different, but I think it is a lot closer to what she actually plays. Let me know what you think, guys.

Beerto, do you have a metronome? Those are good for keeping the beat. Also, try counting the beat slowly and clapping the rythm.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #500 on: May 14, 2005, 01:09:35 pm »
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! :D
Edit: I really really hate to be picky, but... Would it be possible to edit some of the music so that you don't use so many ledger lines? Like seperate them into treble and bass clefs...? :oops:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 14, 2005, 01:23:37 pm »
can I have the finale file please.

send it to skottoster@gmail.com

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Pyro

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 14, 2005, 02:48:17 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! :D
Edit: I really really hate to be picky, but... Would it be possible to edit some of the music so that you don't use so many ledger lines? Like seperate them into treble and bass clefs...? :oops:

I'll see what I can do. I could possibly edit the second ending and the bridge, since those are a little extreme. But I'm not sure what I'd do the low C's and A's. I'm not that familiar with the rules of piano sheet music, but what I tried to do was put the righthand part on the treble clef, and the lefthand part on the base clef (for the most part).

If it helps at all, if you can read the top line, the bottom line will usually be the same notes except an octave down (but the rythms are a little different). Have you tried playing it yet? I think once you spot the patterns, reading the notes shouldn't be as hard.

Yeah, if anyone wants the finale file, let me know.

Sharona PianoBea

• View Profile
    • PianoBea Music
« Reply #503 on: May 14, 2005, 08:01:46 pm »
Nice work, Pyro. I haven't printed it yet but it looks pretty good. I actually started transcribing that one too, but saw that you were working on it so I left it. The fast solo part in the middle should be written a little clearer though! I'll give you an example of how I started writing that part, if you want.

Thanks for your comments on "Papa". I don't mind if you finish it for your own performance, but please don't distribute it to others that way. I will finish my version and add lyrics... to be distributed by me when it's done. K? :-)

=B
"We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

www.pianobea.com
www.yoursharona.com

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 14, 2005, 09:01:06 pm »
im so excited for the finished version of papa. ive pretty much got what you transcribed mastered... ive been practicing for hours everyday!
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Pyro

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 15, 2005, 06:33:15 am »
Quote from: "Baronessa"
Nice work, Pyro. I haven't printed it yet but it looks pretty good. I actually started transcribing that one too, but saw that you were working on it so I left it. The fast solo part in the middle should be written a little clearer though! I'll give you an example of how I started writing that part, if you want.

Thanks for your comments on "Papa". I don't mind if you finish it for your own performance, but please don't distribute it to others that way. I will finish my version and add lyrics... to be distributed by me when it's done. K? :-)

=B

Cool, ok. I'm looking forward to your finished version of Papa! :)

And any advice you could give me on making it clearer would be cool too.

EDIT: I've replaced the previous links with an updated version. Is that better?

Sharona PianoBea

• View Profile
    • PianoBea Music
« Reply #506 on: May 15, 2005, 07:57:11 pm »
Ok I've got about three pages of "Papa" done after today. Stay tuned!

=B
"We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

www.pianobea.com
www.yoursharona.com

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 16, 2005, 08:14:19 am »
eeeeeee im bursting at the seams! lol
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #508 on: May 16, 2005, 10:23:23 am »
Lots of thanx to JazzyManda for the "All I Ask" transcription, but I am terribly lost in it, and without lyrics it's hard to find my place.  The first verse, the chorus, and the riff sections go off without a hitch, and then the second verse, and then (I assume) repeat the chorus.  But after that, I'm missing direction.  I have this fourth page here, but I can't seem to figure out where that figures into the song, and plus, there's no ending.  Can you help me? :(
Dustin

Pyro

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 16, 2005, 03:23:13 pm »
I figured out all of All I Ask. If I have time, and if JazzyManda doesn't mind, I can make my own version.