Author Topic: Vanessa Kareoke!  (Read 2279 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Vanessa Kareoke!
« on: July 24, 2003, 08:07:34 pm »
So, my summer job is orientation leader at my college and as part of the two day program we have the students do some kareoke if they want.  It's really fun and everyone gets into it.  So tonight i was looking through the book and I was like "there must be some Vanessa in here"  and lo and behold there was ATM!  So i grabbed a couple other orientation leaders and we totally jammed out, it was great!  and the audience was totally into it too which was even better!  I was glad to see more Nessa fans!  

So, has anyone else done Vanessa kareoke at any point?
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Vanessa Kareoke!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 09:48:52 pm »
Thats really cool...I don't do karaoke. I can't sing very well. My friend always tells me to shut up whenever I start to sing vanessa songs. haha It's ok though.... I'm glad you had fun!!
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Vanessa Kareoke!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 11:55:09 pm »
I did karaoke at a party once. I think I ended up doing ''New Sensation" by INXS and I did "I Don't Know How to Love Him" off the Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack. Later that night, at the party, a couple people and I star singing "Big butt, go back in your house'' to this old lady and she came over and we hid under the table but she caught us and started yelling at us.

I hate ball-point pens.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Kareoke!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 12:34:54 am »
I think the only karioke I ever did was singing "Name" by the Goo Goo Dolls. This was at the county fair and my band was setting up to play. I did the last song before our band played. I made our lead singer look really bad by doing that. :wink:

Me do VC karioke? Ehh... not a girl... sorry. However... during that fair gig, I used some stuff from various VC songs as fills in some of our songs, just to be a tad subversive. Did I mention that this is a metal band?
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Vanessa Kareoke!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 09:00:47 am »
You can find kareoke versions of ATM and OD on Kazaa, if anyone wants to make their own cd :)  I haven't found one that has the video with the words, but I figure that most of the nessaholics know the words :)

tylor2000

• View Profile
Vanessa Kareoke!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 09:19:23 am »
I've done my share of karoke bars.  I've even been to a nice one in Japan.  You order drinks and food from the room you sing in and they bring it to you....  room service basically.......

But I haven't done that since VC became a star.....

tylor

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 12:32:19 pm »
I have ATM, OD, & PB on karaoke c.d.s, but the sound is horrible...it doesn't sound like the songs at all.