Author Topic: Blender - Oct 2007  (Read 45466 times)

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2007, 07:38:18 pm »
who cares what shes smoking or taking. honestly, i love it, that she was so fucking honest.  honestly the people that are flipping out over this, you're being a little ridiculous. it is not your body, it's hers. and for those who are "dissapointed" get over it. you liked v's music before you read this article, it still shouldnt make a difference, you arnt at this forum to be best friends with her, youre at this forum to support real music, and a real artist. im sorry this message sounds mean.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

NolitaUnicorn

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mandydstrawberry
    • View Profile
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2007, 08:41:34 pm »
I am so upset about this right now I can't believe she would do things like that! :cry: OMG this interview is so disgusting

***Boycott The Superficial***
Be my friend on myspace!!!!http://www.myspace.com/mandydstrawberry

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2007, 09:16:01 pm »
maybe she's not human.. :razz:

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2007, 09:26:59 pm »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
Quote from: "tylor2000"
Well, I guess we can look forward to the rehab years.

Going to rehab for pot would be so stupid.

She did mention other things, right?  Thank you.  :)   It was also a short quip.

I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down.

:lol: Are you kidding me?  I'm very calm.  Maybe it is you who is aggravated.  Take a toke and relax, dude. :)  I've stated my views on pot here before, and given the track record there is no reason for you to react like you are doing.

I'm not reacting. I just said to calm down. That's all. And I would say it again but you seem to think that's offensive to you. I guess I can't speak without offending you.

I'm not offended.  I know this all stems from the comments I made a week or so ago and that you are still mad about that, but I'm not mad about anything.  I'm calm, not offended, or angry.  The comments I made the other day were aimed at people labeling vanessa as chick and gay guy music just because the people on the board are a majority of the same.  If vc wants her music labeled as such it is all good, but I still don't agree.  Those comments might have been out of line and unfairly aimed at you, but as I said, I've been down that road before; and think those kind of arguments and conversations and mentality made by gay men and women are just as unfair and out of line.  It is to the effect that if you label VC's music as gay then it sets a precedent for straight guys that there is something wrong with them if they listen to it --just like all the other guys around you.  It has just been a direction of conversation that has been going on for a while and I spoke up about it.  I don't care what people think is feminine or masculine, but alot of people do...

I've even had an almost identical conversation with gay friends that grakthis, noelle, and portionforfoxes are having about gay marriage in another thread.

So in essence you are the one who is offended, aggravated, and mad at my less than eloquent comments.  But as stupid and barbaric as my comments were, I was just trying to express my point of view, which isn't as against gay rights and freedoms as it may have came across by such.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2007, 05:53:22 am »
i honestly think that anyone who is surprised when they find out about a musician doing drugs is naive.

i say kudos to nessa for being candid. she didn't say she does them all the time and she doesn't have the reputation as a party girl or someone who's OD'd or something.

i have friends who have tried coke, ecstasy, etc, and though i would never make those choices for myself, i don't disrespect them for trying it once or twice. people are inherently curious. in the music [celebrity] world, it is much easier to indulge your curiosities.

*shrug* i just can't believe anyone is shocked. to whomever said that it ruined their perfect image of her (pg 1?), she isn't perfect anyway so that's more of your issue (holding her on a pedestal) than hers.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2007, 05:59:47 am »
Quote from: "NolitaUnicorn"
I am so upset about this right now I can't believe she would do things like that! :cry: OMG this interview is so disgusting

don't get all sobby, she's a grown woman, she experiments, she's obviously not completely addicted to it  :roll:

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2007, 07:21:44 am »
Quote from: "Emmyspiano"
who cares what shes smoking or taking. honestly, i love it, that she was so fucking honest.  honestly the people that are flipping out over this, you're being a little ridiculous. it is not your body, it's hers. and for those who are "dissapointed" get over it. you liked v's music before you read this article, it still shouldnt make a difference, you arnt at this forum to be best friends with her, youre at this forum to support real music, and a real artist. im sorry this message sounds mean.

No one said they liked her music any less or that they weren't her fans anymore because of the article, you are taking our comments out of context. And if some of us are disappointed, and want to express it, how does that bother you?

charmedguy18

Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2007, 07:53:31 am »

Friends.  :razz:

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2007, 09:08:29 am »
i think it's disgusting. i don't care who she is. It's disgusting and their is no denying that.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2007, 12:07:36 pm »
yeah... there is, actually. disgusting isn't exactly the word i'd choose.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2007, 01:32:15 pm »
am i the only one who thought she was joking? lol

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2007, 01:59:38 pm »
Well i thought there was a lot of sarcasm in that interview, it's not like she always says stuff like that... :?

Rick

• building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2007, 02:53:16 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
i honestly think that anyone who is surprised when they find out about a musician doing drugs is naive.

i say kudos to nessa for being candid. she didn't say she does them all the time and she doesn't have the reputation as a party girl or someone who's OD'd or something.

i have friends who have tried coke, ecstasy, etc, and though i would never make those choices for myself, i don't disrespect them for trying it once or twice. people are inherently curious. in the music [celebrity] world, it is much easier to indulge your curiosities.

*shrug* i just can't believe anyone is shocked. to whomever said that it ruined their perfect image of her (pg 1?), she isn't perfect anyway so that's more of your issue (holding her on a pedestal) than hers.

True that sister. Lol.

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2007, 03:23:29 pm »
I have to agree with Amberbeads, because I was thinking the exact thing after reading it. I thought to myself I was naive for actually thinking V would be so "perfect." She still a pure artist, but of course she might do drugs or other things. I don't care, I just hope for her to continue on in her music and stay different from the mainstream.

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
Blender - Oct 2007
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2007, 03:37:06 pm »
Quote from: "ManuelD"

No one said they liked her music any less or that they weren't her fans anymore because of the article, you are taking our comments out of context. And if some of us are disappointed, and want to express it, how does that bother you?

actually, you're right. i was taking things out of context.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me