Author Topic: Jewel's new CD  (Read 5672 times)

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jewel's new CD
« on: July 16, 2008, 02:16:28 am »
Anyone here luvs her?

She released a country album, Perfectly Clear, few weeks ago. I like it a lot (though I dont feel any clear country at all)

Cyril

• View Profile
Jewel's new CD
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:55:05 am »
I like her too. Her new album is good !

I know you're on the jewelkilcherforum !  :)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Jewel's new CD
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 04:40:30 pm »
you should search to see if artists have a thread before you post about them. the search function is at the top of the page:
http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=718&highlight=jewel

charmed23

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jewel's new CD
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:57 am »
Quote from: "Cyril"
I like her too. Her new album is good !

I know you're on the jewelkilcherforum !  :)

really? :D

Quote from: "Laura"
you should search to see if artists have a thread before you post about them. the search function is at the top of the page:

oh sorry. but I did search and didn't find any. my bad.

I hope Vanessa will be in the music industry as long as Jewel. It's still hard for me to believe VC is 27 now, lol!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jewel's new CD
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:32:07 am »
Sweet and Wild/Sweet and Mild that came out this year is great.  I did not like Perfectly clear as much. I also prefer the "mild" cd better because I loved Jewel back when she was more folk and stripped down with  just the guitar no band.  It's a must buy!
~Sara~

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:29 pm »
I like the CD :) My sister kind of made me think oh the new Jewel sucks blah blah. I think it's sweet and I don't mind when singers/bands make a slight change to a new genre unlike SOME singers *cough*NellyFurtado*cough*.  I am mad that I got rid of a few Jewel cds but I got them for cheap on amazon.com :P I just need to get the one with her song Hands. I think I only had two cds by her back then.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 05:08:08 am »
that cd was her second.  and it was different..each album has actually been quite different from the last.  The on I really did not like was the one with "Intuition" on it...too pop for me. and Nelly.....................................DON"T GET ME STARTED!!!! lol
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 06:47:00 pm »
Wow what a coincidence, have just joined a website called Last FM, anyway you put in artists you like and create radio stations for them, so I created a Vanessa Radio station and it plays Vanessa songs and songs by other artists similar to Vanessa, anyway its just playing Jewel now, a song called What We Are, have never heard of her before, have to say I like the song  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 07:06:05 pm »
Wow what a coincidence, have just joined a website called Last FM, anyway you put in artists you like and create radio stations for them, so I created a Vanessa Radio station and it plays Vanessa songs and songs by other artists similar to Vanessa, anyway its just playing Jewel now, a song called What We Are, have never heard of her before, have to say I like the song  :)

OMG that is the best song on the album.  The second verse makes me cry every time.  The stripped, aucoustic version is best.

That website sounds a lot like Pandora, which also plays artists similar to the one you plug in. THen you can like or dislike a song and they will play or not play songs by that person anymore.
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:38 pm »

OMG that is the best song on the album.  The second verse makes me cry every time.  The stripped, aucoustic version is best.

That website sounds a lot like Pandora, which also plays artists similar to the one you plug in. THen you can like or dislike a song and they will play or not play songs by that person anymore.

Have to say I really liked the song, I really love the website, its free if you live in the US, UK AND Germany, in Ireland you get 30 free song listens when you sign up then you have the option to pay 3 Euro per month which is well worth it, it sounds very similar to Pandora.

I'm discovering loads of new American Female singer/songwriters.

Will definitely check out the rest of Jewl's songs.
cause its following you

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 11:18:31 pm »

Have to say I really liked the song, I really love the website, its free if you live in the US, UK AND Germany, in Ireland you get 30 free song listens when you sign up then you have the option to pay 3 Euro per month which is well worth it, it sounds very similar to Pandora.

She is another truely amazing artist.  The first concert I ever went to was hers!  In her first album her voice is a little "kermit the frog" (her own words) but still great writing and singing.  She just expands and grows with each one.  If you like a bit of a rock edge, check out Serena Ryder, she is a Canandain artist.  Also, Michelle Branch and Avril Lavigne are a few of my favorites (except Avril's last CD was not exactly my taste..) Michelle has also branched, hehe, out into country and had one CD out under a duet called The Wreckers.  Happy listening!
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 11:28:31 pm »
Wow what a coincidence, have just joined a website called Last FM, anyway you put in artists you like and create radio stations for them, so I created a Vanessa Radio station and it plays Vanessa songs and songs by other artists similar to Vanessa, anyway its just playing Jewel now, a song called What We Are, have never heard of her before, have to say I like the song  :)

OMG that is the best song on the album.  The second verse makes me cry every time.  The stripped, aucoustic version is best.

She is another truely amazing artist.  The first concert I ever went to was hers!  In her first album her voice is a little "kermit the frog" (her own words) but still great writing and singing.  She just expands and grows with each one.  If you like a bit of a rock edge, check out Serena Ryder, she is a Canandain artist.  Also, Michelle Branch and Avril Lavigne are a few of my favorites (except Avril's last CD was not exactly my taste..) Michelle has also branched, hehe, out into country and had one CD out under a duet called The Wreckers.  Happy listening!

I'm also a big Avril fan  :) Loved her debut album Let Go, songs like I'm With You, Tomorrow, Too Much To Ask, actually that whole album. Have her other albums also and I am looking forward to her new album.

I have just discovered Michelle Branch from that Last FM site, actually she is my second most played artist on that site, ok I only joined 24 hours ago lol, but I'm loving Breathe.
cause its following you

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 02:39:14 am »
Goodbye to You.  Epic.  Absoultely fantastic.  Acoustic version on her VERY first album is great...is this turning into a Michelle Branch thread.. ut oh!
~Sara~

sabasaba

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 03:30:29 am »
Goodbye to You.  Epic.  Absoultely fantastic.  Acoustic version on her VERY first album is great...is this turning into a Michelle Branch thread.. ut oh!

I kind of secretly love Michelle Branch, though it makes me feel so guilty. My subconscious likes to think that there's some sort of unspoken competition between Michelle and Vanessa, and that liking Michelle would be a betrayal. You might say I'm still stuck in 2003. Or that I'm crazy.

...or both.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 05:44:05 am »

I kind of secretly love Michelle Branch, though it makes me feel so guilty. My subconscious likes to think that there's some sort of unspoken competition between Michelle and Vanessa, and that liking Michelle would be a betrayal. You might say I'm still stuck in 2003. Or that I'm crazy.

...or both.

hmmmm...I never felt like I was betraying.  I just see it as two artists who are masters at their medium: Vanessa with piano and Michelle with guitar.  Their voices are not that similar (to me) though they look alike.  I think a duet would be ultimate!

Also, back to Jewel, I just read on her website she and her husband are expecting a baby!  I know it's celebrity gossip, but I am happy for her.  Children are a blessing.  I just told my husband we should move to LA so I can deliver celebrity babies!
~Sara~