Author Topic: Cow Tipping  (Read 16398 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2004, 07:33:04 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "Logikal X"
No no.  Im not saying a cow will always get injured or die when it falls.  I also never said cows sleep standing up..... Im not saying you will kill a cow if you tip it, Im jsut saying theres a good chance you're going to hurt or [keyword]possibly[/keyword] cause serious injury to the animal.

Hold on, one last point.  Because what you say in THIS post, I would have let go and not argued with you ni the first place.  Because it most assuridly is POSSIBLE for a cow to get injured.  I just disputed probability.

Lets do a replay, shall we?

I said

They are not generally hurt by it

Then you said

Its about 800 pounds falling on bones that are unable to support that type of impact......It is possible to do but like others said its very dangerous and if you tip a cow you will most likely cause irreversible damage.

Then I said

NORMAL healthy CATTLE, especially dairy cattle, can fall over and it doesn't hurt them one bit

Then You said

Quote from: "Logical X"
Typically the cows die from shock or broken ribs

Then I said

I am giving you FIRST HAND accounts that I have NEVER seen a cow fall over and become seriously injured. I am not saying it is IMPOSSIBLE. I am disputing that it is LIKELY. Because, clearly, it isn't.

Then You said

I know clearly that your first hand experience is incorrect.

Then I said

I was simply stating my home of origin to give background to what ACTUALLY makes me familiar with the topic. Which would be having spend extensive time on three different farms with cattle.

Then You said

maybe someday you will take a five foot plunge in the middle of sleeping and then you can tell me it didnt hurt

Then I said

I don't THINK i am right because you have no evidence. I THINK I am right because I have SEEN IT FIRST HAND. If you want to show me that I am NOT right, then do so. But you the burden of proof is on YOU in that case.

Also, Cows don't sleep standing up. That's a common myth. So the whole "fall while sleeping thing" is null.

Then YOU said

Im not saying a cow will always get injured or die when it falls. I also never said cows sleep standing up.

(bolds added for emphasis)

And there ended the discussion to date.

So, from these quotes, which one of us is declaring facts about which he or she has no personal experience or information and which one of us is stating a simple personal experience?  My initial statement is still completely valid.  I simply spoke from personal direct first hand experience about what likely happens when a cow falls over.  Then YOU made sweeping broad statements about what happens MOST of the time.  Then when I pointed OUT that I was simply recounting my personal experience, your response was to tell me my personal experience was wrong?!?  The only way my personal experience can be "wrong" is if I am lying.

Plus, yes... my personal experience will ALWAYS be more valuable than yours (if you are even saying you have directly seen a cow fall over and die).  ALWAYS.  Not because I am better than you.  But because I am ME, and there is a 0 percent chance that I am lying to myself.  However, there is atleast some small percent chance that you would lie or exagerate to me.

So your intitial POV was/is "if you tip a cow you will most likely cause irreversible damage" and "Typically the cows die from shock or broken ribs".  So you said from statement ONE that a cow will get injured and die MOST ("Typically" and "most likely") of the time, but not ALL of the time?

I will not agree to this statement.

BUT, if you say

chances are the cow wont be injured

I will completely agree.  I never disputed that it was possible for a Cow to be hurt when it falls over.  IN FACT, if you read from my first post ON DOWN (check some of the bolds), I have been consistent in saying that it IS possible, but unlikely for a cow to get hurt.  SO I agree with your last post completely.

And as for Holly, YES, I was insulting what he said.  I know Pete is above that kind of behavior.  Notice I did not call PETE Petty or immature.  I called his statements such.  Good people can say bad things, but that doesnt' make them bad people.

that looks pretty.....No! Id expect you know me well enough, it was for sheer debating purposes....i could care less about the cows lol(honestly i heard they are almost impossible to tip in the first place)
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2004, 10:10:09 pm »
my friends were over last night and we randomly started talking about cow tipping, lol, he brought it up and i thought of this thread
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2004, 10:06:10 am »
MOO! 8O

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2004, 10:09:59 am »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
MOO! 8O

wow, ain't that the smartest remark ever made in this whole thread, and possibly even on this board!

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Cow Tipping
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2004, 02:12:40 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
It is just obvious cows from Kentucky have been tipped so much thru the ages, by natural selection (Edit: or by tip breeding) they have become resistant to it.  Kentucky cows are a cow tipping breed.  Important charateristics include the strange behavior of cows tipping themselves and each other.

tylor

lolerskates.

<------ pwned.

Edit @ pete - Yeah dude.  As I said, they are AWAKE and they are NOT happy about people coming up to them AT ALL, much less 14 year old kids RUNNING at them.  And as I said, BULLS don't like it at ALL.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2004, 03:50:51 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
It is just obvious cows from Kentucky have been tipped so much thru the ages, by natural selection (Edit: or by tip breeding) they have become resistant to it.  Kentucky cows are a cow tipping breed.  Important charateristics include the strange behavior of cows tipping themselves and each other.

tylor

lolerskates.

<------ pwned.

Edit @ pete - Yeah dude.  As I said, they are AWAKE and they are NOT happy about people coming up to them AT ALL, much less 14 year old kids RUNNING at them.  And as I said, BULLS don't like it at ALL.

i bet it would actually be a riot to see someone "try"
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.