Author Topic: Cow Tipping  (Read 16461 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2004, 03:02:24 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"
Quote from: "tylor2000"
I think he just doesn't like Britney.  It has nothing to do with how fat she is.  But he makes a rude comment anyway.  Oh well.

tylor

Bingo! 8O

Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Yeah, saying someone is a cow here doesn't mean they're fat. But Scott seems to think Britney is fat too...

I didn't mean Britney is fat I just think she has got fatter and as Rosie said Brits use the word fat just as an insult not to mean someone is fat.

I didnt mean to offend u Shelly, sorry.

Yeah, it is not just that brits don't use it to mean fat, rather I know if you want to say something condelesing to a lady just make a comment similiar to, "Have you gained weight (insert time frame -optional)?"  It has exponentially more power if you are in a relationship with said person.  Use it wisely.  Women say it to other women so it must have power.

tylor

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Cow Tipping
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2004, 03:39:48 pm »
if you want to say something condelesing to a lady just make a comment similiar to, "Have you gained weight (insert time frame -optional)?"  It has exponentially more power if you are in a relationship with said person.  Use it wisely.  Women say it to other women so it must have power.

You'd think the comment "Have you lost weight (insert time frame -optional)?" would have power for the opposite purpose. But apparently it just implies that they were fat at some point in the past and scuppers your chances :-\ Maybe next time I'll try " Hey, you look exactly the same weight as you were (insert time frame) ago.". Maybe that will appease them ;)

-Kev

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2004, 03:40:49 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "Holly"

Edit @ Holy - You grew up in a different place.  Don't judge till you've been there.  I can assure there were probably a dozen things you did as a child that I would find stupid or cruel or unnecessary.  The diff between the midwest and the west coast are as different as NYC and Paris.

You once got mad at me for me telling to dont do sometime (ie make fun of depression), now you're telling me don't judge something. Can you say hypocrite?
I know I don't live in a place with cows anywhere near it, but I have lots of family (family in norway, idaho, etc) that has, and that's where I get my judgement about it. Actually my grandparents had a ranch which I spent a lot of time on growing up.... I know I dont have the most knowledge on it, but I have enough to give an opinion if I choose to.
Cows CAN get hurt from cow tipping. Humans CAN get hit from falling down. Someone in my family fell down and was hurt so badly they had a stroke. Yeah... they were old. But can you really be sure that every cow that people tip over is healthy and young, and therefore it won't hurt them?

Actually, you should look up the word HYPCRITE.  Because you apparently don't know what it means.  I would be a hypocrite if I said "I shouldn't tell people what to do" and then i told you what to do.  What I said was "YOU shouldn't tell ME what to do".  And you know what?  I still tand by that statement.  Thereby, making me NOT a hypocrite.

It does mean I have double standards.  In fact, often times I have tripple and quadrouple standards.

And I wasn't doubting your experience with Cattle.... I was doubting your comments about the boredom of people.  You seriously underappreciate the culture of some places where there isn't anything to do but run around in the fields and goof off.  When you're 12, tormenting live stock sounds entertaining.  Don't judge people who grew up in rural settings by the same standards you judge people you grew up with in CA.

I'm not talking about being malicious and TRYING to hurt animals here.  It's just kids being kids.

:roll:
Lol, I "seriously underappreciate" a culture because I think it'd wrong to hurt animals when you're bored? I know sometimes people get bored because there isnt as much to do in the country as where I live in LA, but I'm sure there are better things to do. I just don't think boredom should lead to that... And who said I was judging people along any standards?
It doesnt matter if the "kids" are TRYING to hurt the animals or not... The point is that it can and they should know that. Pushing animals or people to the ground can hurt. I know it hurts when I've fallen, lol.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2004, 03:44:35 pm »
I live on farm land and I don't think it's fun to tip cows. I think it's wrong to hurt animals. And YES I have experienced it so you can't say don't judge it.

The End.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2004, 03:45:25 pm »
I know it hurts when I've fallen, lol.

You mean to tell me you fell down and it actually hurt?  Wow, you must not have been created by nature  :wink:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2004, 03:51:11 pm »
Quote from: "Logikal X"

You mean to tell me you fell down and it actually hurt?  Wow, you must not have been created by nature  :wink:

lol! Yes, I don't know what's wrong with me! I'm a freak of nature I guess.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2004, 04:32:17 pm »

too bad you aren't a cow, you wouldnt feel a thing!
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2004, 05:35:51 pm »

too bad you aren't a cow, you wouldnt feel a thing!

yeah... lucky cows....

tylor2000

• View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2004, 07:58:59 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
if you want to say something condelesing to a lady just make a comment similiar to, "Have you gained weight (insert time frame -optional)?"  It has exponentially more power if you are in a relationship with said person.  Use it wisely.  Women say it to other women so it must have power.

You'd think the comment "Have you lost weight (insert time frame -optional)?" would have power for the opposite purpose. But apparently it just implies that they were fat at some point in the past and scuppers your chances :-\ Maybe next time I'll try " Hey, you look exactly the same weight as you were (insert time frame) ago.". Maybe that will appease them ;)

-Kev

Just tell them, "You look marvelous,"  and then tell them after they respond, "Even though you [keyword] LOOK [/keyword] ten pounds overweight."

Yes I know I'm evil.  :twisted:  I couldn't help it.

tylor

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2004, 11:39:14 pm »

-Kev

Just tell them, "You look marvelous,"  and then tell them after they respond, "Even though you [keyword] LOOK [/keyword] ten pounds overweight."

Yes I know I'm evil.  :twisted:  I couldn't help it.

tylor

and what happens if they are on a diet at said time oh the blooodshed 8O

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

tylor2000

• View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2004, 11:54:02 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"
Maybe next time I'll try " Hey, you look exactly the same weight as you were (insert time frame) ago.". Maybe that will appease them ;)

and what happens if they are on a diet at said time oh the blooodshed 8O

LOL

tylor

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2004, 08:17:37 am »

Lol, I "seriously underappreciate" a culture because I think it'd wrong to hurt animals when you're bored? I know sometimes people get bored because there isnt as much to do in the country as where I live in LA, but I'm sure there are better things to do. I just don't think boredom should lead to that... And who said I was judging people along any standards?
It doesnt matter if the "kids" are TRYING to hurt the animals or not... The point is that it can and they should know that. Pushing animals or people to the ground can hurt. I know it hurts when I've fallen, lol.

Firstly omg randomness!!!!! I have never heard about that before ever! I have to say I agree with what Holly said.....

xoxoxox

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Cow Tipping
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2004, 08:20:34 am »
For one its not some guy my stepdad kinda sorta knows.  Its someone he insures since he owns an insurance company and the guy tried to put in a malicious damage property claim which didnt go through because cows arent really of auditory value....Also you have NO evidence, so your argument is WORSE than mine.....And give me a break about the websites...the fact of the matter is these people cared enough to make a website...you DONT, and you ARENT an expert on cows any more than i am just because you live near cows.....You are completely wrong and the fact tthat you think you are correct because i dont have "enough" evidence is a completely failed argument.   You think nature created animals so they could fall down, thats ridiculous, and of course every animal created by nature was created perfectly right because nature never makes a mistake right?  You're being ignorant,,,..maybe someday you will take a five foot plunge in the middle of sleeping and then you can tell me it didnt hurt.   Anyways i gave you three websites i found in two seconds...Try searching for cow tipping on google, i got loads of results and most of them are either a joke of the fact or a site expressing the dangers to the cows and to yourself.

Also why would i ask about whether i should or shouldnt be eating steak when it has NOTHING to do with the argument...Changing the subject because you cant back up your own argument with jack except "Im Andrew and i must know more about cows because i saw one fall when i was younger" ?

I swear Pete.  Sometimes, you seem so smart.  And other times you make posts like this.

Here's the situation.  I have first hand experience.  I am not trying to convince you of my first hand experience.  I am just telling you, "been there, done that".  I have been directly involved with the whole cow tipping thing.  Now you are trying to say I am wrong.  Correct?  Yes.  You did.

So, if you want to PROVE I am wrong, you have to give me evidence.  My evidence is my own first hand experience.  So are you discounting that?  Are you saying I am a liar?  If so, just say it.  Stop dancing around it.

I don't THINK i am right because you have no evidence.  I THINK I am right because I have SEEN IT FIRST HAND.  If you want to show me that I am NOT right, then do so.  But you the burden of proof is on YOU in that case.

Also, Cows don't sleep standing up.  That's a common myth.  So the whole "fall while sleeping thing" is null.

And the NSPCA comment was directed at the fact that the NSPCA is going to be extreme in their protection of animals even to the point of advising people not to eat meat.  It's just a fact of the organization.  So the comment was not in ANY way changing the subject, because it was quite relevant to the topic.  YOu were suggesting that the NSPCA was an expert source on animal treatmenet.  I was pointing out to YOU how they are extremists and even YOU wouldn't follow all their advice.

Why do you alway smake such unfounded claims?  Such as "because you cant back up your own argument" and "you have NO evidence".  I have done nothing but provide evidence and backup my argument with first hand experience.  Stop being irrational and actually look at the discussion for a minute.

Edit @ Pete and your little "wow, you fell down and got hurt?! derf derf def" comment at Holly is bratty and immature and doesn't belong in this dicussion.  I never said falling down doesn't hurt.  I just said, barring extenuating circumstances, it wont kill you. You wanna turn this into a war of sarchasm, go for it.  But I assure you that you have a better chance of winning a battle of logic than of wits.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2004, 08:36:43 am »

I swear Pete.  Sometimes, you seem so smart.  And other times you make posts like this.

Here's the situation.  I have first hand experience.  I am not trying to convince you of my first hand experience.  I am just telling you, "been there, done that".  I have been directly involved with the whole cow tipping thing.  Now you are trying to say I am wrong.  Correct?  Yes.  You did.

So, if you want to PROVE I am wrong, you have to give me evidence.  My evidence is my own first hand experience.  So are you discounting that?  Are you saying I am a liar?  If so, just say it.  Stop dancing around it.

I don't THINK i am right because you have no evidence.  I THINK I am right because I have SEEN IT FIRST HAND.  If you want to show me that I am NOT right, then do so.  But you the burden of proof is on YOU in that case.

Also, Cows don't sleep standing up.  That's a common myth.  So the whole "fall while sleeping thing" is null.

And the NSPCA comment was directed at the fact that the NSPCA is going to be extreme in their protection of animals even to the point of advising people not to eat meat.  It's just a fact of the organization.  So the comment was not in ANY way changing the subject, because it was quite relevant to the topic.  YOu were suggesting that the NSPCA was an expert source on animal treatmenet.  I was pointing out to YOU how they are extremists and even YOU wouldn't follow all their advice.

Why do you alway smake such unfounded claims?  Such as "because you cant back up your own argument" and "you have NO evidence".  I have done nothing but provide evidence and backup my argument with first hand experience.  Stop being irrational and actually look at the discussion for a minute.

Edit @ Pete and your little "wow, you fell down and got hurt?! derf derf def" comment at Holly is bratty and immature and doesn't belong in this dicussion.  I never said falling down doesn't hurt.  I just said, barring extenuating circumstances, it wont kill you. You wanna turn this into a war of sarchasm, go for it.  But I assure you that you have a better chance of winning a battle of logic than of wits.

No no.  Im not saying a cow will always get injured or die when it falls.  I also never said cows sleep standing up.  My evidence is from my own personal experience as well which makes it of equal value to your evidence.  I just find it hilarious That you think your own personal experience is better than my own personal experience.  Ive seen you make some intelligent arguments but in this case your argument is "ive seen it so im right"  Well i have seen otherwise than your experience so in all cases you are not correct.  Its unbelievable that you cannot accept that tipping over a cow can cause damage.  You say im being irrational, but think about it rationally, A cow weighs roughly 1200-1400 pounds..their center of gravity is high....If they fall its going to suck, Its common sense.  Im not saying you will kill a cow if you tip it, Im jsut saying theres a good chance you're going to hurt or [keyword]possibly[/keyword] cause serious injury to the animal.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2004, 09:09:44 am »
Well there ermmm clearly was more to be said on this topic...oh the chuckles.
"I'm all about the wordplay."