Author Topic: How you want/imagine "Rabbits"  (Read 16919 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How you want/imagine "Rabbits"
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 04:56:04 pm »
Any thoughts on my theories?
~Sara~

mixedanthony

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 08:40:11 pm »
First: grammatically, words such as 'a' 'the' 'of' 'and' are not capitalized in titiles.  Second, here are my thoughts:

While I think she could go in the direction of ending on a happy note with a song such as Carousel, I hope that she takes it in a different direction, for she has done the storybook beginning and ending with Heros and Thieves.  I instead hope she takes the approach of starting on a light note and ending with a dark one (Harmonium-esque I suppose), using a song like "Tall Tales for Spring" to end.  This also may be why she at first chose to name the album after that song -- it would be the ending to the album and would act like a little bow on a present, tying everything together. 
I don't think she would do the telling a story idea for another album; I believe she has more depth and creativity than to do the same thing over again.  I also don't see her using any older songs in the album, as she has grown past them in a way and are no longer relevant to where she is right now (that also may be why I have seen comments in the past about her looking so bored when singing "A Thousand Miles").  Though I too would enjoy studio versions of ALL of them, including demo tape ones, on a separate "never before released" album.

The imagery of the album art will most definately be dark.  Black and white with little if any color (possible bursts of red or geen). If there are any sceneries they will take place at night with a moon playing a dominant role.  Instead of the American "Man in the Moon" sentiment it will reflect the rabbit in the moon, as many cultures see a rabbit rather than a man.  Also the fact that the album is Rabbits on the Run.  I also pictures wolves -- white wolves to be exact -- possibly howling to the moon as "wolves howl to the moon, and she never answers back."  This also plays into the whole rabbit in the moon idea.  Maybe I am taking this all very literal, but that's what I envision.

Furthermore, a March 20th release date speaks to me.(and i was inspired by the previous post with the march 21st date as a song title, it got my brain going..)  It is the spring equinox -- a day traditionally thought of as equal amount of light and darkness.  The ablum seems to reflect that with positive songs like "Carousel", and "I don't want to be a Bride ," along side darker ones such as "Tall Tales for Spring" and the melencholy "London."
Funny that also this is Easter time...rabbits...
There are also many religious implications to this release date, but I don't see V as being overly religious (or maybe that's just me projecting). Though "Tall Tales of Springs" is most certainly about Christianity and the faith related to it.
Some cultures/religions hold the Spring equinox as the start of their new year--new beginnings -- this album could signify a fresh start; a departure from what has come before.

umm that's all for now!

Wow your theory is interesting and very clever! I really had that thought too, it sort of being a light and dark album, which I can see it being. I think from the website, yeah you can tell that the album won't have tons of colors. I love all of the implications of spring; probably true, since she was originally going to call the album Tall Tales For Spring. From that album title, to Rabbits On The Run, I still envision a lot of fantasy and a fairy-tale type of theme also, much like you envisioned. Awesome theory there!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 05:46:15 am »
Thanks! glad I'm not the only one, lol...I thought I was beginning to be like the weirdo in the corner that no one talks to.  I just see her trying to take it a new direction because she strives so hard for everything she does.  That is why she doesn't pop out albums every year--she has to make sure there is substance and meaning to what she does, unlike a lot of "popular" artists.
~Sara~

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 06:49:45 am »
Oh I don't want you to feel left apart sarab ;) I like what you said but like someone else said I think the album should end on a positive note, she was half way done with the record and she still thought it would be named "Tall Tales For Spring" yes in capitalized lettres lol, so it will definitely be a spring record. And I love the fact that album end with an up tempo closing track cause when it's done you're in a way expecting more and it gives you to think about the record, I'm not sure if someone will get what I say. BUT Vanessa could do whatever she wants I know that I will love her album, like Irv Gotti said "she can't do no wrong" :) I probably forgot "shit" somewhere in my quote lol

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 06:51:55 am »
but like someone else said I think the album should end on a positive note

Omg, I'm so dumb. I tried to look up who said that and it was me... I swear I'm not like that usually !

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 07:11:08 am »
I liked "Tall Tales For Spring" as an album title. :(

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 07:20:20 am »
Oh I don't want you to feel left apart sarab ;) I like what you said but like someone else said I think the album should end on a positive note, she was half way done with the record and she still thought it would be named "Tall Tales For Spring" yes in capitalized lettres lol, so it will definitely be a spring record. And I love the fact that album end with an up tempo closing track cause when it's done you're in a way expecting more and it gives you to think about the record, I'm not sure if someone will get what I say. BUT Vanessa could do whatever she wants I know that I will love her album, like Irv Gotti said "she can't do no wrong" :) I probably forgot "shit" somewhere in my quote lol

that's funny becauase I feel the same way about it ending on a dark note! I would expect more after that and give me a lot to think about.  That's how I felt with Harmonium.  Just goes to show there is no one way to think.  (she could be half done but still have an end song... sometimes you know how something ends and have to fill in everything else that leads up to it).
Irv Gotti did get that right. she really can't.  Whatever she does will be brilliant.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 07:23:05 am »

I can't decide which I like better.  I think ROTR is clever and different but so is TTFS, though I feel it is a bit more generic.  Like anyone could have that title.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 02:32:34 pm »

that's funny becauase I feel the same way about it ending on a dark note! I would expect more after that and give me a lot to think about.  That's how I felt with Harmonium.  Just goes to show there is no one way to think.  (she could be half done but still have an end song... sometimes you know how something ends and have to fill in everything else that leads up to it).
Irv Gotti did get that right. she really can't.  Whatever she does will be brilliant.
[/quote]

Just wanted to add/reiterate that a happy ending would leave me more satisfied and fulfilled than a dark ending.  with a happy ending such as with H&T, it completes the story, completes the album. When I first listened to Harmonium and it ended I was like...whaaaat? that's it? I felt completely opposite with H&T. 
Isn't it wonderous that one person can make us feel so much?  One person we don't even know (but would love to).  Just a random thought.
~Sara~

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 04:10:34 pm »

I can't decide which I like better.  I think ROTR is clever and different but so is TTFS, though I feel it is a bit more generic.  Like anyone could have that title.

I actually prefer ROTR as a title, but I don't disregard TTFS like a few Nessa fans. I will be happy with either one. :)

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 07:03:34 pm »
Imagine what (if there are any) B-sides will be on the first single :D maybe All Is Well? I don't think it would fit on the album, which is probably why so many B-sides exist from many other artists :D I really hope that song from Irv Gotti's TV show is on, it's just, perfect.
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 07:09:24 pm »
Imagine what (if there are any) B-sides will be on the first single :D maybe All Is Well? I don't think it would fit on the album, which is probably why so many B-sides exist from many other artists :D I really hope that song from Irv Gotti's TV show is on, it's just, perfect.

I would love a studio version of All is Well as a B-side, but I agree that it wouldn't really fit on the album..
Maybe Best Behavior?  Or the song from Irv's TV Show  ;D

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 07:12:39 pm »
Alright, I'm gonna try my best to describe what I think the album is about...

With all the music that we have heard of so far, I think Vanessa is going to have a new sound, but not too different. Carousel and Get Good are really the songs that I am using to think this. Those two songs represent gray skies to me. Like the times are hard, but they get better. If London is on the album, that also further makes me think so.

You know how in movies sometimes two lovers are fading apart, and one of them has to accept that it's done. They start to play a song... at that point, I picture Get Good. I'm not saying that the album is gonna have a theme of love, but I do think it's going to be a very sad but uplifting album.

I'm not sure. I have this vision in my head of how I see it but I can't put it to words. Spring but gray... lol this isn't coming out well.  :(

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 08:35:37 pm »
Alright, I'm gonna try my best to describe what I think the album is about...

With all the music that we have heard of so far, I think Vanessa is going to have a new sound, but not too different. Carousel and Get Good are really the songs that I am using to think this. Those two songs represent gray skies to me. Like the times are hard, but they get better. If London is on the album, that also further makes me think so.

You know how in movies sometimes two lovers are fading apart, and one of them has to accept that it's done. They start to play a song... at that point, I picture Get Good. I'm not saying that the album is gonna have a theme of love, but I do think it's going to be a very sad but uplifting album.

I'm not sure. I have this vision in my head of how I see it but I can't put it to words. Spring but gray... lol this isn't coming out well.  :(

Nah, I get what your saying. I feel the same, it's hard to put into words though

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 05:55:14 am »
Hmm.. It's curious that almost everyone of you guys brought up 'gray' and other black-and-white inspired themes. On the other hand, what I could just imagine from this album is colors, especially blue, lavender, and green. Her album really feels like spring. Like there's new hope. And I think this would be the 'lightest' album she'll make. There's only one song with the dark shade, which is TTFS, and for it's great. I mean, Harmonium was way dark, and I guess it's about time for the light songs. About new hopes and freedom.

And besides, V has this talent to make sweet, light songs without making them cheesy, but rather mysterious yet so good. Like there's a very good story behind everything.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.