Author Topic: Why we need him...  (Read 10429 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Why we need him...
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2004, 04:29:30 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Quote from: "Tylor2000"
I'm so sick of the two parties. In my opinion the only good vote is a vote for another party --except independent american, they're freaks. Even if your canditate doesn't win at least you are not contributing to the stupidity of voting for those two.

Plus a you can change things even if your candidate/party doesn't win. If voting stats show increases for a certain party then it's more likely that larger parties will take notice of why they are losing voters and what policies have drawn them away. If a bunch of people vote for the green party you can bet that whoever does win will look more seriously at polution/global warming policy. It won't get anybody out of office, but it's not a wasted vote.

-Kev

Yeah I saw that actaully happen after early in the election 1992 Perot was getting large percentages of votes, before he dropped out.  Even though he dropped out he still recieved around 18 percent.  But before, he was getting a hole shit load of votes according to polls at the time.   That scared the hell out of the two parties.  Especailly the republicians.  Do you remember how things changed?  It is funny how people seem to not notice stuff like that.

I mean, United We Stand?  Come on where the hell did they get that from, huh?

tylor

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Why we need him...
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2004, 04:30:33 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
I'm so sick of the two parties. In my opinion the only good vote is a vote for another party --except independent american, they're freaks. Even if your canditate doesn't win at least you are not contributing to the stupidity of voting for those two.

Plus a you can change things even if your candidate/party doesn't win. If voting stats show increases for a certain party then it's more likely that larger parties will take notice of why they are losing voters and what policies have drawn them away. If a bunch of people vote for the green party you can bet that whoever does win will look more seriously at polution/global warming policy. It won't get anybody out of office, but it's not a wasted vote.

-Kev

Yeah I saw that actaully happen after early in the election Perot was getting large percentages of votes, before he dropped out.  Even though he dropped out he still recieved around 18 percent.  But before, he was getting a hole shit load of votes according to polls at the time.   That scared the hell out of the two parties.  Especailly the republicians.  Do you remember how things changed?  It is funny how people seem to not notice stuff like that.

tylor

What ever happened to Perot?  Is he still around?

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Why we need him...
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2004, 04:51:08 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"

-Kev

Yeah I saw that actaully happen after early in the election Perot was getting large percentages of votes, before he dropped out.  Even though he dropped out he still recieved around 18 percent.  But before, he was getting a hole shit load of votes according to polls at the time.   That scared the hell out of the two parties.  Especailly the republicians.  Do you remember how things changed?  It is funny how people seem to not notice stuff like that.

tylor

Perot is old.  He was old enough when he ran for office.  Plus, he spent all that money running for office.  I wouldn't run again either.  He is definantly not an option.

I know other people don't feel the same, but I think he is a real american patriot.  Sure he is rich, but every once in a while you get someone from the establishment who rebels against the establishment, or something like that.

tylor

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Why we need him...
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2004, 05:07:27 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"

-Kev

tylor

Perot is old.  He was old enough when he ran for office.  Plus, he spent all that money running for office.  I wouldn't run again either.  He is definantly not an option.

I know other people don't feel the same, but I think he is a real american patriot.  Sure he is rich, but every once in a while you get someone from the establishment who rebels against the establishment, or something like that.

tylor

yeah...i know he wont run again...i was just curious....dude had mega-ears

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Why we need him...
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2004, 05:13:20 am »

-Kev

But it IS a wasted vote in this election. If you hate Bush and everything he stands for then you're best off tactically voting for Kerry who is the lesser of two evils. Normally i wouldn't agree with this but in such a  closely contested election it IS worth tactically voting.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Why we need him...
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2004, 05:21:58 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

-Kev

But it IS a wasted vote in this election. If you hate Bush and everything he stands for then you're best off tactically voting for Kerry who is the lesser of two evils. Normally i wouldn't agree with this but in such a  closely contested election it IS worth tactically voting.

Well I still wouldn't say it was wasted. But I agree, if you just want Bush out above all else, then voting for the closest opposition is the best bet.

-Kev