Author Topic: please make me happy on thursday..  (Read 6181 times)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
please make me happy on thursday..
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2003, 01:26:42 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "neos"
I think I can see everybody's point here. What I understand from what Rosie said is - please correct me if I'm wrong hun - and I totally agree, is that since the whole world remembers and thinks of America on this day, why shouldn't America think of the rest of the world when tragedy occurs elsewhere. I guess the rest of the world, or maybe just Europe, sees America as very self-centered. While we all share your sadness and rememberance on this very day, ppl don't see it happening the other way round. When events happen outside America or American interests, are the victims less worthy of rememberance? Just throwing the question here. At least that's what I've gathered from public opinion in the places I've been around Europe.

nerea we are a very self-centered country, but it's not like we totally forget the rest of the world...

We get reports on what is happening, we are slightly effected by what goes on, at the same time, it didn't hit us like 9-11. Even Americans still payed little attention to the fact it was 9-11, at least at my school.  Which in a way makes me sick.

you also have to remember different countries have different points of views.  I see what Rosie is getting at, and i agree that we might not think of certain things, but in reality we do.  We have all sorts of charity's for things like the AID's situation or the kids of Afghan.   America is a Huge country, so of course no everyone is going to be focused on one problem...

did that make any sense?

I think why americans except people from other countries to mourn with us on september 11th because not only did the american people die but also there were a lot of people from other countries in there too. The World Trade Center wasn't just american run things...it was world things...that means europe too. We don't ask other countries to pray with us on memorial day or any other things...just 9/11 and I think we have a good reason to.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night