Author Topic: Blue Background  (Read 3277 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blue Background
« on: July 13, 2004, 10:30:23 pm »

Blue Background is a female-fronted semi-local group (they were from Indiana, but they moved up here and pretty much operate all of their shows, etc. in this region) I heard of because I used to work in the same mall with their bass guitarist, and he saw me at the Michelle Branch show last year, and decided to pimp his band to me the next time he saw me.

Their music can be classified as pop, but I think it is pretty good. Pretty much every track from the 2004 EP, Are You Listening, is really good. I think overall they are better live than on CD (which is impressive), and I think you should check them out!  :wink:  :twisted:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

thekid_5001

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Blue Background
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:09:26 pm »
BB is an amazing group. I love their new EP, as well as the older CD, "Paperbacks & Photographs", everyone should check them out!!

thekid_5001

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Blue Background
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 03:09:42 pm »
Sorry for the double post!  :wink:

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blue Background
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 11:43:29 pm »
I saw on their MySpace they have a show at Summerfest coming up. I will definitely be hitting that. I may go to the one at Bastille Days, too.  8)

... and I still think all you peeps should check them out!  :razz:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Blue Background
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 12:57:21 am »
not bad I must say!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blue Background
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 01:37:04 am »
Quote from: "Vultch"
not bad I must say!

I was all "WTF someone has replied to the Blue Background thread!" lol.

:D!

If you want to hear more, give me a holler (yes, I've said it correctly, can you believe it?).  :razz:

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blue Background
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 10:05:03 pm »
Lost in all of my VC glee from yesterday was the fact I got to see BB earlier in the day.

They put on a great show. Every time I see them, or hear something new they keep getting better and better. They played 4 new songs, all of which I really liked. They also did a few covers, and played a lot of stuff from Are You Listening. 13 songs in all were done in just over an hour.

After the show I asked Chris if I could get a setlist so he gave me his  :).

Once they got done loading their stuff into a truck I talked to Chris for a quick minute and Maggie popped by and shook my hand and thanked me for coming to see them. They had to leave pretty quick, but that was cool :D.

They are playing Bastille Days next Thursday, I am going to try and hit that show up, too  :D.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blue Background
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 12:27:35 pm »
I went downtown to Bastille Days today to see Blue Background. It was fun times. I got there right at 11, so I had 15 minutes to chill before they went on. They first played about 30 minutes, then they had to stop so the church across the street could do their Noon service or something, lol.

That break was cool though because the band just kind of hung around the stage area waiting. It was kind of funny because most of the people there were their family, etc., then me LOL. I met Sarah and Carlyle for the first time, talked to Maggie for a couple minutes (and her mom, LOL), and just kind of chilled.

The band went to look around and I was just kind of chillin' talkin' to Carlyle's parents who I met at the Summerfest show. When the band came back Chris offered me a water, and I stood around chatting it up with him for like a half hour about music. That was fun. We were talking about how it is hard sometimes for people on big labels to keep their creative freedom, etc. and I was telling him about how Interscope did VC and he was talking about how "White Houses" is tight, LOL. Chris also mentioned he saw the CD review I did for AB, because I was telling him how I had been trying to pimp the band on Forums, etc. I wonder where he did see it, because I didn't post it on their board (even though I will now, lol).  

Once the break was done they did a few more songs, and that was it. I nabbed a setlist again, said peace to Chris and was out. It was basically the same setlist as Summerfest, but it was more enjoyable in that it wasn't raining, and they had time to chat it up this time.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blue Background
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 11:02:47 pm »
http://www.myspace.com/bluebackground

You can download a live version of one of the new songs, "I Won't Let You"  :).

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blue Background
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 11:23:16 pm »
BB is in Cali laying down tracks for their new EP. I am excited to hear the new stuff, hopefully when they get done they'll do some shows here I can catch  :D.