Author Topic: Colonial Home  (Read 3274 times)

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Colonial Home
« on: April 04, 2004, 12:04:38 pm »
is anyone else going to be watching this in May? I just read an article on it in TP, it looks really interesting!

It's part of this PBS series where they take families and put them in a time period for five months. The families have to live exactly how people of that time period lived. it sounds boring, but it's actually really interesting, and entertaining :-P Like this one season where they had Frontier Home, and these people had to live like they did in the 1800's. This one family was from LA and watching the mother and daughter's having to leave their makeup behind was so funny! lmao, i sound like a dork, but trust me it's an awesome show!

so far they've done: Victorian Home (shot in England), Frontier Home (shot in America), WWII Home (shot in England), and Manor House (shot in England). Colonial Home is going to be shot in America, and is going to show on PBS on Mondays and Tuesdays in May on the 17th, 18th, 24th, and 25th

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 12:07:49 pm »
they aired those in the USA like a couple years ago. they were really good. you should watch them

Amanda

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 12:24:35 pm »
Yeah, we had that here- i think maybe the WW2 and the Victorian ones were the ones we made- because those are the only ones that have been shown here. I didn't really watch properly but maybe i should've done!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 12:28:37 pm »
I've seen all of them except Manor House, which was incredibely boring. The family didn't do anything except sit there - the entire time.

My favorite is Frontier Home, and then Victorian Home, then WWII Home. they're just so interesting! Like on the WWII Home, they had to blackout all their windows, and they got a lady to check their windows who check blackout windows during WWII. Granted she looked like you could have broken her with a feather, but it was really cool!

lol, or mayb i'm just a really big dork  :oops:

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 12:32:02 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
I've seen all of them except Manor House, which was incredibely boring. The family didn't do anything except sit there - the entire time.

My favorite is Frontier Home, and then Victorian Home, then WWII Home. they're just so interesting! Like on the WWII Home, they had to blackout all their windows, and they got a lady to check their windows who check blackout windows during WWII. Granted she looked like you could have broken her with a feather, but it was really cool!

lol, or mayb i'm just a really big dork  :oops:

i don't think i've seen the WW11 ones...  :?
lol. well i guess i'm a dork too because they're really fun to watch. i miss them

Amanda

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 01:10:24 pm »
the WWII ones weren't advertised that well, in fact, i don't remember hearing about them at all. I was just flipping through when i found out it was on.

Sometimes they'll re-show them when PBS is doing its fundraiser telathon thingy.

ugh i can't wait till may to watch colonial home! It would be so awesome to do a show like that! I think i'd love to be on all of them except for Manor House. It'd be really cool if they did like a 1920's or 30's one. Even a 1950's home, though that is pretty recent compared to the other periods they've done.

LimeTwister

Colonial Home
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 01:11:09 pm »
i've seen it.

i loved the WW2 one.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 03:56:08 am »
Oprah's doing a special on it on today's show

and it's starting tonight! wooooooot!

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 03:49:40 am »
Can I just say

Paul Hunt = My Future Husband.

the end.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Colonial Home
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 06:52:29 am »
i have seen it - its pretty good - way more drama than shows like AI or Bacholar
xoxo

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Colonial Home
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 06:52:41 am »
i have seen it - its pretty good - way more drama than shows like AI or Bacholar
xoxo

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Colonial Home
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 10:09:47 am »
*sings*Oooooh my eyes...they see douuuuubblleeeee viiiiiiiision

:-P

haha yes, sooo much drama. I was talking to nikki online about it last night, some of them are weeeaaaakkk. but then i think if i were there, and realize i'd be complaining waaayyyy more than them :razz:

i felt so bad for the governer's daughter - how hard that must be!