Author Topic: VC in November issue of Blender  (Read 8898 times)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
VC in November issue of Blender
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2004, 05:28:17 am »
I knew she was at least half-Jewish.  There was a lot of stuff in the article I never knew, but I can't really say that any of it surprises me.  She is quirky.
Dustin

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2004, 12:30:35 pm »
finally got my bloody Blender! :x

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2004, 01:39:25 pm »
Do you know what I think is going on?  San Francisco has VC.  ;)

I mean I met someone recently here in Reno, who earned a living playing CHESS on market street for god's sake.  He said he had to move away from SF becuase anything is allowed.  The violent crime is not that bad for a big well known city like SF.  The danger is that anything is allowed.  No wonder Vanessa Carlton is a big flaming outspoken democrat now.  I mean you can be a democrat....but just think about the social liberty of being in SF.  I bet it makes any democrat an absolute nut.

I want to move there because you meet some very interesting intelligent people there.

tylor

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2004, 01:58:59 pm »
San Francisco is the best city in the world.
Having all that freedom is what makes it so great. People who aren't constrained tend to be MUCH nicer than those who are bound by all sorts of laws... I had the time of my life there.
And quite frankly you don't know she hasn't always been a "flaming Democrat." She's probably just particularly passionate this time because she's upset about what Bush has done with our country.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2004, 02:20:14 pm »
Thanks for being frank(not joking or being a smart ass.)  That seems like a good aurgument.  I'm just saying from what I've seen and heard about SF, and from what she is saying and doing in the article, it seems so to me.

tylor

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2004, 02:38:16 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
Thanks for being frank(not joking or being a smart ass.)  That seems like a good aurgument.  I'm just saying from what I've seen and heard about SF, and from what she is saying and doing in the article, it seems so to me.

tylor

You should go there... It's such a carefree, laid-back atmosphere. There's tons of life in the city (just like NYC) but it's much more leisurely than most big cities. It was so great to just go there and slow down and yet have a GREAT time. Plus it's incredibly beautiful.
Plus, the reason why people like Nessa and SJ are attracted to SF is because it is SUCH an artistic town. It's a thriving artist community and the atmosphere is PERFECT for writing, daydreaming, drawing, playing music... All of the above.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2004, 02:52:05 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"

tylor

You should go there... It's such a carefree, laid-back atmosphere. There's tons of life in the city (just like NYC) but it's much more leisurely than most big cities. It was so great to just go there and slow down and yet have a GREAT time. Plus it's incredibly beautiful.
Plus, the reason why people like Nessa and SJ are attracted to SF is because it is SUCH an artistic town. It's a thriving artist community and the atmosphere is PERFECT for writing, daydreaming, drawing, playing music... All of the above.

I've been there.........many times......I know.......SJ is a native there.......But that is one reason I'M attracted to it........

tylor

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2004, 03:44:40 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
finally got my bloody Blender! :x

Pokey poke BV, pokey poke! lol.  :razz:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2004, 05:59:44 pm »

tylor

I've been there.........many times......I know.......SJ is a native there.......But that is one reason I'M attracted to it........

tylor

He's not a native, he's from Palo Alto.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2004, 06:07:22 pm »

tylor

tylor

He's not a native, he's from Palo Alto.

I stand corrected.  Bay Area native......

look how close

Lord Star

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2004, 02:06:42 am »
Why do so many people react about her comment 'bout Jesus?

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2004, 06:32:26 am »
Quote from: "Lord Star"
Why do so many people react about her comment 'bout Jesus?

Because celebrities can't say anything without endless scrutiny. It's the way things are. Even though it's a stupid habit (celebrities are people too, nobody overexamines anything I say), it's still done.
By the way, if you're referring to the O-board, just ignore it, they're overdramatic teenies over there.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

Lord Star

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2004, 06:58:11 pm »
Yeahhh... overdramatic...

She's Jewish and she's not afraid to speak what's on her mind.