Author Topic: Big Tymers  (Read 3093 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Big Tymers
« on: June 06, 2004, 10:57:24 pm »

Big Tymers is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time. - Mannie Fresh

I am actually suprised that I never made a thread about the Big Tymers at one point or another, lol. In the heyday of Cash Money records they, along with fellow New Orleans rapper Juvenile, were the main staples of Cash Money.

I always liked the Big Tymers, and while they may not be the best rappers and are pretty repetitive in their topic choice I always felt they had entertaining beats (thanks to Mannie Fresh) and were just generally entertaining. Their best album IMO was I Got That Work (2000), damn near every track on that CD was tight. Their recent CDs haven't been as impressive, but they've pumped out a few radio hits such as "Still Fly" from Hood Rich, "This Is How We Do," and "Gangsta Girl" from Big Money Heavyweight.

I really don't know when their next album will be coming out, but Baby just had his new shoe from Lugz come out in May. You can see Baby and Mannie in a lot of rap videos these days, too. They are notorious for making cameo appearances.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Big Tymers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 11:04:47 pm »
Still Fly, good song.
wait, who said that? I swear someone is putting words in my mouth!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Big Tymers
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 11:10:11 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Still Fly, good song.
wait, who said that? I swear someone is putting words in my mouth!

8O  :wink:  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Big Tymers
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 11:15:03 pm »
Oh! I could have swore you made the BT thread too!

Anyways, the only song titles I remember is "Still Fly" and "Cash Money"? I know they've had more though b/c I remember hearing alot of them back around 2002ish...So I like them! It's funny b/c I just deleted the instrumental to "Still Fly" off my computer yesterday..haha

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Big Tymers
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 01:03:14 pm »
I heard the new Mannie Fresh song Real Big, it honestly isn't even that good, LOL. The beat is kinda tight. Typical Cash Money though. The lyrics are kinda funny, but not very good lol.

house real big, cars real big, belly real big, everything real big, rims real big, pockets real big, rings real big, let me tell ya how I live ROFL