Author Topic: Chronic - what - cles- of Narnia  (Read 7332 times)

walking in the rain

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Chronic - what - cles- of Narnia
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 01:07:19 pm »
I remember reading something a few years back where Vanessa said one of her goals/dreams (or words to that effect) was to write the score for a musical.  Kudos to her for pursuing it.  I'm interested to hear what she and SJ came up with, whether the material makes it into Narnia or not.  :)
~ I am walking a thousand miles in the rain ~

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 05:30:53 pm »

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 06:06:55 pm »
Quote from: "walking in the rain"
I remember reading something a few years back where Vanessa said one of her goals/dreams (or words to that effect) was to write the score for a musical.  Kudos to her for pursuing it.  I'm interested to hear what she and SJ came up with, whether the material makes it into Narnia or not.  :)

Actually, if I'm thinking of the same interview (I think it was questions we Nessaholics came up with asked by Tricia and Katia) Vanessa said she wanted to write a score for film. I remember that because after reading that interview I started researching what film scoring was, and now that's what I want to do for a living! haha. But anyways, musicals are close enough I guess, though totally different process. And yeah, I hope they release the music whether it's used or not.

Amanda

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Chronicles of Narnia
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 08:08:14 pm »
If they don't accept it for the musical, what do you think the chances are that we'll ever hear it?  It sounds interesting, hearing V do something for a musical or something....it was a good movie...

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

musicnotex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 06:49:27 am »
hmm to be honest i think v can do it! i guess maybe she will need someone to help her with the scoring and arrangements, but im quite confident that she can come up with SONGS and melodies for the musical, and esp lyrics! but just that maybe she needs help arranging it so that its more suited for a musical?

but whatever the outcome, i hope people get to hear the songs! i get pretty sad when there are songs written by v but people dont get to hear them cos they dont get released or get stuck in demo tapes...

shinessobright

• MSN Messenger - shinessobright
    • AOL Instant Messenger - privateradiogirl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - canyouseemyfirerain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 05:17:51 pm »
i applaud her regardless if they get into the musical or not. Music writing for musicals is tough.

I just want to hear the songs anyway...

I had a dream once where Vanessa was a Broadway star...It was quite amusing. It was really cool/funny.

A few years back I started to write a Musical/Movie script, and it used a few vanessa songs, it was centered on one actually...
And all the constellations shine down on you and me... and if you don't believe me, just put your hands on me...

"This is a song about relationships that are condemned either by your family, or by the government..." Vanessa Carlton about Who's to Say

thenextvanessa

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
i'm excited
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 08:12:44 am »
i actually do remember v saying that...didn't she want to choreograph a ballet to her music, too?  maybe they'll let her do a scene like that....

and btw, JazzyManda, i love your avatar, etc.  i love idina menzel/wicked.
and though i've given him his empire....
.......he delivers me my fear
           the unicorns are riding high

The dreamers get punished most by the truth, they say...

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Re: i'm excited
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 08:19:34 pm »
Quote from: "thenextvanessa"
i actually do remember v saying that...didn't she want to choreograph a ballet to her music, too?  maybe they'll let her do a scene like that....

and btw, JazzyManda, i love your avatar, etc.  i love idina menzel/wicked.

Yeah, she's pretty much the coolest... same with the show (I've seen it three times..) hehe

And yeah, I think V said she wanted to write music for ballet

Amanda