Author Topic: Ebay: Meeting Mrs. and Ms. Carlton  (Read 25163 times)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Ebay: Meeting Mrs. and Ms. Carlton
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2006, 08:01:12 pm »
Honestly, I liked ATM, but not HEAPS. I wasn't really a fan til I heard the songs on her album that weren't singles- like Sway, Wanted, Paint it Black etc. so I'm glad that this new songle is different (haha "songle"! I typed that fast and now I don't know whether I meant to say "song" or "single"... hehe)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2006, 04:07:57 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Thanks for replying :D Ok.... do you think it could be a bigger hit than ATM??? Sorry for bothering you.... it's just that this NEW song has got me really excited for the album now :lol:

Personally I find that highly doubtful.  I can't explain why...I just think ATM was almost TOO perfect for a single & nothing she ever does will be able to top that, as far as "success" goes (in my opinion).  ATM is just very special.  Not lyrically, but musically - that piano riff is just  8O !!

Whatever the formula for a hit is, A Thousand Miles is the x in hit=x. It was the perfect single and nothing she could do could ever top it; it's not near the top of the list of my favorite songs by her, but, you know what I mean....
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2006, 08:17:53 am »
Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"
Thanks for replying :D Ok.... do you think it could be a bigger hit than ATM??? Sorry for bothering you.... it's just that this NEW song has got me really excited for the album now :lol:

Personally I find that highly doubtful.  I can't explain why...I just think ATM was almost TOO perfect for a single & nothing she ever does will be able to top that, as far as "success" goes (in my opinion).  ATM is just very special.  Not lyrically, but musically - that piano riff is just  8O !!

Whatever the formula for a hit is, A Thousand Miles is the x in hit=x. It was the perfect single and nothing she could do could ever top it; it's not near the top of the list of my favorite songs by her, but, you know what I mean....

But how can you say that future Nessa songs wont ever be able to top ATM when you've never even heard them..... and ATM reached number 5 on the billboard hot 100 chart(the chart most used by music industry peeps to judge a songs success)..... I know that she's capable of writing a song that could go to number one....and I have faith in V that she will at least be able to match the success of ATM with one of her future singles :D
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2006, 04:06:30 pm »

But how can you say that future Nessa songs wont ever be able to top ATM when you've never even heard them..... and ATM reached number 5 on the billboard hot 100 chart(the chart most used by music industry peeps to judge a songs success)..... I know that she's capable of writing a song that could go to number one....and I have faith in V that she will at least be able to match the success of ATM with one of her future singles :D

ATM went to number 1 in Australia  :)

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2006, 04:47:39 pm »

Because ATM was a phenomenally successful single, ESPECIALLY for a brand new artist. I would love whatever her new single will be to go mother fucking DIAMOND, but I just don't think that it'll happen; she's moved too far out of the realm of popular music to go back - what America loves now is Fergie and Beyonce, not Vanessa Carlton. Even Michelle Branch is getting little airplay, and she had two or three platinum-plus albums. Once again, I would be extremely delighted if her next single or album did well, but after a four or five year break from popular radio, it would be a huge surprise if it did happen.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2006, 08:02:53 pm »

Because ATM was a phenomenally successful single, ESPECIALLY for a brand new artist. I would love whatever her new single will be to go mother fucking DIAMOND, but I just don't think that it'll happen; she's moved too far out of the realm of popular music to go back - what America loves now is Fergie and Beyonce, not Vanessa Carlton. Even Michelle Branch is getting little airplay, and she had two or three platinum-plus albums. Once again, I would be extremely delighted if her next single or album did well, but after a four or five year break from popular radio, it would be a huge surprise if it did happen.

wow...that's a lot of quotes.... but yeah I see where you are coming from but I just hope and believe that you may be wrong :?

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2006, 03:44:26 pm »
^^^ have some faith! what you've got to hope for is that vanessa will introduce something so unique and revolutionary in sound, yet something to which no one will be able to turn off their radio. that's a #1 hit. Beyonce's not getting to #1 now anyway people.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2006, 08:44:51 pm »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
^^^ have some faith! what you've got to hope for is that vanessa will introduce something so unique and revolutionary in sound, yet something to which no one will be able to turn off their radio. that's a #1 hit. Beyonce's not getting to #1 now anyway people.

yeah... and trust me I do have faith in V :D

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2006, 10:17:33 pm »
actually if vanessa does manage to create a single much greater than atm...it will be a hit...

okay...that was duh...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2006, 11:33:14 am »
That sounds like you had a good time!  Glad you were able to meet her.  I envy you now.  ;)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2006, 12:17:06 am »
Quote from: "bluebutterfly"

Yeah. For what seemed like AGES. It was EVERYWHERE!
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2006, 07:32:40 am »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Quote from: "bluebutterfly"

Yeah. For what seemed like AGES. It was EVERYWHERE!

:) I want to visit there sometime, seems like a fun place. Anyway, I really hope this new album does well. I am really excited about seeing some new music videos and hearing the new songs on the radio. :D