Author Topic: An Ode to 'A Thousand Miles'  (Read 2151 times)

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
An Ode to 'A Thousand Miles'
« on: June 26, 2003, 08:57:58 pm »
Alright . . . I've been in one of my moods for some time now, so I'm just gonna do this 'cause I feel like it.

So, I was folding clothes and putting them in my dresser a few minutes ago, and I was listening to Be Not Nobody. And it was weird because it's the first time I've listened to that CD in a long time. And of course Ordinary Day came on first, then Unsung, and then the piano riff of A Thousand Miles began . . . and I stopped. And I just stared at my dresser or the open drawer, or the basket of clothes, or something . . . I was in that same daze for about a minute. And then all conciousness came back to me, and I kept trying to put clothes back, and I couldn't. I was
listening to A Thousand Miles, and I couldn't not listen to it. I remembered last Summer, about this time, when I first heard it. And I thought of how much I loved it the second I heard the intro and . . . . So I thought of when I first went to the vanessacarlton.com message board. Although I'm now known as PIBby, the infamous psycho who joined in early September, I really had a few other login names before that. I've been a member since early August / late July. I know, because I clearly remember Vanessa's birthday. The reason I joined was because there was a post titled something like ''Does anyone have the lyrics to Ordinary Day?" So I joined and posted the lyrics. And over time I kept going back there, more and more. And I was kind of a loner for the first couple months of being there. Now I'm here. And I don't know how I got here.

So random and gay. Why do I feel the need to post such things?

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 09:42:45 pm »
Interesting. I did something like that the other night when I was watching the "A Thousand Miles" MPG ... I was just thinking about the last year and how things would be so different had I never heard that song and all kinds of stuff... pretty interesting.

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 09:58:52 pm »
I was teaching my cousin ATM on piano.

It was precious!

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 10:05:05 pm »
Cece cannot play piano. Actually, she took 5 years of lessons and can only play 3 songs (oneof which is Yankee Doodle). Hehe.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 11:01:00 pm »
Wow, that is really cool.
I haven't listened to her cd in a long time either.

But hanging out here during the summer, late at night, kinda reminds me of some of the late night chats I used to have with people on the other forum (Cept we can't post wh0re here) Hehe  :)
And how I would always listen to ATM a million times, and Vanessa's album non-stop.

VanessaLover03

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GodMustHateMe003
    • View Profile
    • Email
overflow
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 09:51:46 pm »
overflow of emotions....nice post... :D
A Very Proud NESSAholic and NESSAjedi PadVan,
Alex

NESSAholics forever!!!!

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 07:41:49 am »
I have no emotions. I lost all sentimental emotions years ago.