Author Topic: Yay!! Royal Marriage in Spain!!  (Read 8635 times)

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Yay!! Royal Marriage in Spain!!
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2004, 05:27:39 pm »
Spain's royal couple win lottery on gift ticket

MADRID (Reuters) - As if having a fairytale wedding was not enough luck for one day, Spain's Prince Felipe and new wife Princess Letizia have hit the jackpot with a lottery ticket given to them as a wedding present, state radio has reported.

The happy couple -- who wed in a glittering ceremony attended by the world's royalty on Saturday -- won 12,000 euros (8,000 pounds) on a ticket given to them by a Barcelona pensioner, National Spanish Radio said.

The retired employee of state television -- where Princess Letizia worked until she became engaged -- gave the couple 10 tickets. One ticket won 12,000 euros and another, the number of which corresponded to the date of the wedding, won a 60 euro prize, the radio reported.

The state lottery company's Website confirmed those ticket numbers had won.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

rroo

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton.info
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2004, 01:59:31 am »
Aaah the way they looked at at each other! I watched the church service yesterday..., so cute to see how she sometimes clinged on Felipe's arm (5th pic):

Letizia: Who of those two did I marry again?

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2004, 03:43:35 am »
Oh it was THE BEST! i love those pictures! Especially where they're hugging on the balcony.I didn't manage to see the beginning bit, but nerea has recorded it for me. It was such a catholic ceremony! Don't you think? The coin exchange was wicked too- very spanish. And their Mantia's (is that what they're called?) were pretty rocking too! I wasn't quite sure about Letizia's make up though, lol. YAAAAAAAY for a proper wedding for people really in love hehehe.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2004, 11:40:03 am »
Quote from: "rroo"

That little boy (Felipe - also known as Froilan in Spain cos that's one of his other names - the Prince's nephew) was so much fun yesterday during the church service! He's so sweet!

Those pics are great Rogier! :D Ah, I just loved the whole thing. People here are complaining that it was too cold, that no emotions were shown and that all in all it was a sad ceremony, but I don't think so. They weren't as explicit as the Danish couple las week but they were still really cute :)

Quote from: "rosieposy87"
It was such a catholic ceremony! Don't you think? The coin exchange was wicked too- very spanish. And their Mantia's (is that what they're called?) were pretty rocking too!

lol yes, very catholic  :?  It was looooooong, very long! I didn't know the coin exchange was a Spanish thing. Those coins are called "arras", and I think they symbolize prosperity.

The thing the Queen and other ladies were wearing is called "mantilla" Very very Spanish. I am not sure really on which occasions it's supposed to be used because it's more of a southern thing and I live on the north.

:P about Letizia's make-up (and appearance on the whole) I think she looked pretty tired. She's naturally very skinny and apparently she's lost weight these days, so she didn't look too bright that day, IMO. The dress was luuuuurverly though!

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone