Author Topic: Yay!! Royal Marriage in Spain!!  (Read 8645 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Yay!! Royal Marriage in Spain!!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2003, 09:52:40 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
There are a LOT of boys who are the same type as Prince William here. My cousin actually looks quite a lot like him...

reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally? and would this cousin be around 17 - 19 ish? ;)  i agree with fresh lettuce though (sorry, i don't know your name), we do hear an awful lot about them. Doesn't stop me though!

There's a choice of about 3 actually, one's 13 (maybe a little young, but if you're desperate i'm sure he'd be willing!!), one is ummm 22, and one is 28.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2003, 10:03:37 am »
fresh lettace's name is tatiana - or tat

rroo

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton.info
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2003, 11:21:12 am »
While searching for pics of Vanessa with Julia Stiles at the Adidas party I found these:

rroo

• View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton.info
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2003, 11:29:41 am »
mmm..., they seemed to have miraculously disappeared...  :roll:

But nobody can hide from paparazzo rroo:

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2003, 11:41:16 am »
is that them!? Oh he ain't bad looking is he!? Awwww its SO sweet but just look how many people are surrounding them- it must be so hard. Being a prince and all.

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2003, 01:02:51 pm »
Quote from: "freshlettuce"

As for a royal Spanish wedding....Hurray!  I can't wait.  I have two questions:  

1)  So it's not a big deal for the Crown Prince to marry a commoner?

It doesn't seem to be. People have accepted his fiancée really well, mainly because, in spite of not being an aristocrat, she does come from a famous family of journalists, she is intelligent, hard working, cultivated and a lot of things most of the other Prince's former gfs didn't have. And she's Spanish. Trust me, that counts a LOT. So people are happy enough with it.

2)  What? Engaged already?  Wasn't he allegedly connected to Gwyneth  
Paltrow only a year ago?  This is going to be the future queen...let's be sure about this decision, little prince-man.  (It irks me when people decide to marry after a year or less.  That's just me though.)

The Gwyneth Paltrow thing was just a rumour. Personally, I don't think it was true. Just journalists wanting to have some sort of "Grace Kelly Spanish version" and have something to talk about. Actually, I think Gwyneth was already going out with Chris Martin back then, so I doubt it was true. They did have dinner together and they know each other, but in my opinion that's all.

I know what you mean though. Nobody's still quite sure how long the Prince and Letizia Ortiz have been going out, but it hasn't been too long, probably around 6 months, which is crazy! What I think has happened is that they're both in their 30s, and the Prince had a bit of pressure on him to marry, so they decided to get engaged a bit faster than any other couple would have. Still, I don't think they're less in love because of that. They looked SO cute the other day on TV... *sigh*  :roll:

You give me some juicy scoop on what the Swedes and the Danes are up to and I'm all ears, though.   :wink:

Oooh yes, BLONDIES! *drools*

Oooh, who wants to go to Spain and partay harty with the Spaniards on the royal wedding day?  I bet everyone will have the day off and the pubs will be rockin'.   :mrgreen:

Yay!! Early summer 2004, I want to see you all booking your flights NOW! It's an order!  :wink:  i think i'll be in the middle of my finals, but oh well, a royal wedding is still a royal wedding huh?

There are a LOT of boys who are the same type as Prince William here. My cousin actually looks quite a lot like him...

Which is one of the reasons why I love England so much... ;)

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2003, 01:29:25 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally? and would this cousin be around 17 - 19 ish? ;)  i agree with fresh lettuce though (sorry, i don't know your name), we do hear an awful lot about them. Doesn't stop me though!

There's a choice of about 3 actually, one's 13 (maybe a little young, but if you're desperate i'm sure he'd be willing!!), one is ummm 22, and one is 28.

lol 13 is a bit young for me :-P but 22....that's not totally out of my tax bracket  :wink: j/k

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2003, 01:58:40 pm »
Rosie & Rroo, those pics were taken outside the Teatro Real in Madrid, after a concert given by Rostropovich celebrating the Queen's 65th birthday. That was their first public event together, straight after they'd been filmed at the Prince's gardens appearing in public together for the first time and say oh how in love they were.... SO sweet!! *sigh* He kept holding her hand and telling the journalists how in love he was... I mean, if in a normal situation any girl would melt if a guy says what he said, imagine what it must be like with a Prince saying it to you!! *faints*  :roll:

These are some better pics I found:

This is during the meeting with the media, in the gardens of the Prince's house

This is before & after the concert

This is them with the King at the Teatro Real

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2003, 02:00:58 pm »
Quote from: "neos"

Aww...so cute! =P
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

freshlettuce

• AOL Instant Messenger - essaychic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2003, 02:16:55 pm »
Rosie & Rroo, those pics were taken outside the Teatro Real in Madrid, after a concert given by Rostropovich celebrating the Queen's 65th birthday.

Oooh! Oooh! He plays the cello!  (my roommate freshman year played the harp and schooled me in this kind of stuff)

These are some better pics I found:

This is during the meeting with the media, in the gardens of the Prince's house

Thank goodness he is such a handsome prince!  I see he didn't inherit the Bourbon nose of his ancestors.  And let us all be thankful for that.  Then again, he could always get an "Extreme Makeover" for that sort of thing - if it bothered him enough... :roll:

Behold:  Louis II de Bourbon

Note:  Extreme Makeover is a show here in the states where a team made up of the best plastic surgeons, trainers, ophthalmologists, cosmetic dentists, stylists, etc., from LA makeover an ugly duckling from top to bottom.

LimeTwister

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2003, 02:18:57 pm »
i thought bourbon was french?

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2003, 02:42:31 pm »
Rosie & Rroo, those pics were taken outside the Teatro Real in Madrid, after a concert given by Rostropovich celebrating the Queen's 65th birthday.

Oooh! Oooh! He plays the cello!  (my roommate freshman year played the harp and schooled me in this kind of stuff)

Yup! And he is awesome! I watched the concert on TV for a while (ok, call me a dork, I watched a classical music concert  :roll: ) and I went  8O  Amazing!

Thank goodness he is such a handsome prince!  I see he didn't inherit the Bourbon nose of his ancestors.  And let us all be thankful for that.  Then again, he could always get an "Extreme Makeover" for that sort of thing - if it bothered him enough... :roll:

Behold:  Louis II de Bourbon

LOL true about the Bourbon nose... I guess he takes a lot after his mother, cos the King does have a bit of a weird nose.

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2003, 03:09:54 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
i thought bourbon was french?

The Spanish Bourbons (Borbones) do have a French origin. Have a look at this:
"On the death of King Charles II without male heirs 24 Nov 1700, the Spanish throne was disputed between the grandd-son of his elder sister, Maria Theresa, Queen of France (wife of Louis XIV), and the Archduke Charles (1685-1740), yr son of his sister the Empress Margaret. By the settlement made at the Treaty of Utrecht 1713, the Iberian and American possessions were inherited by Philippe of France, while the Netherlands and Italian possessions were acquired by the Habsburgs. This branch of the Bourbons was founded by Philippe of France, Duke of Anjou (b 19 Dec 1683; d 9 Jul 1746) who reigned as King Philip (Felipe) V of Spain from 24 Nov 1700"

So basically: no heir after Carlos II, and a Civil War between his 2 grandsons. The French one wins, the Austria Habsburg dinasty is over & done in Spain and the Spanish branch of the Bourbons begins  :)

A couple of pics from today's official engagement:

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2004, 01:34:31 am »
It's today!  It's NOW! It's on tv!! :) *goes to watch*

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2004, 01:36:28 am »
It's today!  It's NOW! It's on tv!! :) *goes to watch*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I'm going to see if its on any channels! go spaaaaaaain go spaaaaaain.