Author Topic: Westside Connection  (Read 2316 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Westside Connection
« on: January 24, 2004, 08:19:39 pm »

(WC, Ice Cube, Mack 10)

The super group of Ice Cube, Mack 10 and WC finally have reunited after a seven-year hiatus with their new album, Terrorist Threats, which was released December 9th, 2003.

I always liked Ice Cube, just kind of shruged at Dub C and thought Mack 10 was ok, but together the three of them just kill it.

They say the reason they made this album was to bring the attitude that was missing back to hard-core hip-hop, as so many rappers today are just singing to get women and popularity (IE: turning rap into hip pop/R&B). Terrorist Threats has tight beats, crunk rapping, and a lot of fun being poked at the so-called soft rappers.

The first single from the CD is "Gangsta Nation", a song I absolutely love and bump as loud as I can every time I hear it on the radio or play the CD. As their bio on MTV.com describes it: "a thumping, Fred Wreck-produced song that pays tribute to the West Coast's standing as the premier gangster rap region. In between Nate Dogg's poignant chorus, Ice Cube, Mack 10 and WC call out fake gangsters and explain that being “gangster” is more than it appears."

It seems to be getting some airplay on rap/top 40 stations, and they are actually playing it here on Kiss, which makes me giantly happy, even though I have the CD, LOL. Like they say, it ain't a hit 'til Nate Dogg spit, LOL.

Anyway, I just felt like making a thread because there wasn't one, lol.

Westside Connection
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Westside Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 09:47:21 pm »
The few times I've heard "Gangsta Nation" I liked it!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Re: Westside Connection
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 03:58:56 pm »
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"

OMG!! They're sooooooooooooo cute!!  :oops:  :heart:
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night