Author Topic: Harmonium falls to # 96  (Read 9960 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Harmonium falls to # 96
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2004, 07:30:52 pm »
Out of the top 100 this week. I don't know anyone with a billboard subscription, so I can't say where she did fall in 100-200, but meh. =\
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Harmonium falls to # 96
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2004, 07:41:32 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Katia, i SO get what you're saying here. You know i agree. Natalie, i don't think you quite understand how playing on a few tv shows isn't quite enough to have a hit single.

Obviously no, I don't.
But whatever, I personally would be happy to play any tv shows at all. But then, I'm not Nessa, I'm not a rich and famous recording artist, so I really have no idea.
I see that White Houses has potential but I guess America has their heads too far up Usher's ass right now to pay any attention...
*feels like a bitch*
I'm just frustrated. But seriously, I know there are more things she could do but not without exploiting herself... That's all I can think of, anyway... So I guess I'd prefer for her to not be a huge success if it means she doesn't make herself into something she's not.
Sorry. :oops:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Xenophanes

Harmonium falls to # 96
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2004, 10:01:19 pm »
Here's my idea. In the event that the next singles don't turn things around enough, I think Vanessa should embark on a "Starving Artist" tour. She'll go around major cities in the US (New York, Chicago, LA, San Francisco), set up her piano on the street corner, and start playing with a little hat on the side of it for donations. The event will be free to walk by and view, with copies of Harmonium for sale in the area. The tour must also be heavily publicized. The logic (or lack of such) behind this is that she'll reach enough people through this sort of "pity tour" that it'll get her the exposure needed to kick up CD sales. Plus, I think it's random enough that the mainstream media will report it at least once, so that should help as well.

:P

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Harmonium falls to # 96
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2004, 10:28:16 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I'm just frustrated. But seriously, I know there are more things she could do but not without exploiting herself... That's all I can think of, anyway... So I guess I'd prefer for her to not be a huge success if it means she doesn't make herself into something she's not.
Sorry. :oops:

I agree with you on that. In the end if she does what makes her happy, that is cool. It is kind of hard from the fan perspective because we all want her to be big, be a superstar, be uber popular, etc. but if she doesn't want to market herself like that, while as fans I'm sure we all could accept that, along with that we also would have to accept the fact that these are the kind of album sales we are going to see because most people are too lazy to go find new music and try out new things. Most people find their adored music artists from TV, radio, friends, word of mouth, etc. and if she isn't wh0ring herself in those mediums, no matter how talented she is, her music won't reach all the people it could.

Thus, again the onus is on us, the fans, to promote Vanessa, spread the word to our friends, wh0re her music for her, etc. if she isn't out there doing it, and if we really do want her to succeed and become an established, popular artist.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Harmonium falls to # 96
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2004, 11:44:25 am »
Right, it's a conflict between wanting Vanessa to be happy with what she's got and wanting ourselves to be happy with her exposure.
But if this is how things will be for Nessa from now on, I'm satisfied. At least SOME people know good music when they hear it.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.