Author Topic: Jake Simpson  (Read 3536 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« on: November 16, 2003, 12:36:22 pm »
You might remember him from Star Search 1 : he was the winner! He came out with an 8-song CD earlier this year entitled.... Star-Search Winner: Jake Simpson. He doesn't write his songs, but he plays keyboards on some of them.

I really love his music, he has a great voice, and he can really sing those blues on the last few tracks. His web page is at http://www.jakesimspson.org , or http://www.electricpresskit.com/jakesimpson/ . He has a really good voice. You should download "Have A Little Faith" and "Something Better". Those are really good songs. Check him out for Joey!

EDIT: Check out the videos section, there's an awesome live performance. On the CD, the piano is played on a guitar, but it still sounds good. You can even email him! (not a fan-mail address, his)
Joe

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 05:08:26 pm »
Check out a quite kicking forum I made for his official web page.

http://jakesimpson.proboards23.com

It's not the official Message Board yet, but he hasn't checked his email yet, apparently, so it should be on the official web page soon.  :D  Me, Joey, a mod for a Sony recording artist...
Joe

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 07:17:48 pm »
Jake is on the new Star Search season as a past winner. He has been on the show the last 2 weeks, and keeps on beating the new people. Eat it!
Joe

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 05:40:31 pm »
Woah, his performance last Saturday was OFF THE HOOK! You can watch it at this link. It's the top video. He is amazing!
Joe

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 03:31:11 pm »
I am all  8O  that he joined the forum! This is huge! It's starting to gain momentum, and won't stop, hopefully. We've been picking up members left and right recently.

http://jakesimpson.proboards23.con

Watch Star Search Saturday at 8:00! He'll be on, maybe not singing, but on.
Joe

LimeTwister

Jake Simpson
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 05:47:20 pm »
*points out you're the only one in here*

lol...

sorry, had to do that.

also the jakesimpson.com takes me to a little kid.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 04:00:55 pm »
It's http://www.jakesimpson.ORG , doofus!

And, this Saturday at 8 O Clock Eastern Time, will y'all do me a favor and mass vote for Jake. It's the finale, and the winner is decided by America. No judges get to have a say in it. So it would be GREAT to get you guys to give Jake 5 stars and everyone else 1 star and hold enter down on "Click Here To SUBMIT your vote" or whatever it says. If Jake wins this, he gets a record contract and gets to release a single. This is huge, and anybody and everybody's help is needed/appreciated.
Joe

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 06:20:42 pm »
Oh my freaking God! JAKE WON STAR SEARCH 4!

He got $100,000 more and a record contract with A&M (V's label) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Joe

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 03:41:21 pm »
Okay, people. I am SO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to get a phone call in about 20-40 minutes, because I'm doing an exclusive interview for the Jake Simpson Message Board to prove how high up on the Jake Simpson ladder we are. Yeah, that's right.

Anyway, I am really nervous, and really excited, and I realize that none of you care whatsoever, but I just HAD to share. You all should check out his stuff anyway. He's currently working on a CD for Motown.
Joe

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Jake Simpson
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 06:17:50 pm »
Got off the phone with him an hour ago.

He met Vanessa! I was like "No way!".  He said that she was in the same studio as he was when he was recording a song, and he met her in the cafeteria, and she was "totally laid-back, and just like, 'yeah, man' and stuff". I was like "Yeah, she's a toal hippie." "Exactly."

:D
Joe

CaliGirl20

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Jake Simpson
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 06:20:37 pm »
Jake Simpson did a good job on that Star Search show.  I really liked the other guy tho, Spencer Day, I LOVED it when he sang "What a Wonderful World"

As far as JS goes, he has soul man.  I know that sounds hilarious.  But can you asy SKILLZ?  It's crazy.  Great stage presence too!
I'm Katy....I wanted to put that here so people wouldn't have to ask =)  Choco for life! lol