Author Topic: 7/23/2005: Coors Amphitheatre - Chula Vista, CA (review)  (Read 4145 times)

mandi_vfdotcom

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
7/23/2005: Coors Amphitheatre - Chula Vista, CA (review)
« on: July 24, 2005, 02:08:43 pm »
[discussion]

talk about AMAZING!!! :D

shinessobright

• MSN Messenger - shinessobright
    • AOL Instant Messenger - privateradiogirl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - canyouseemyfirerain
    • View Profile
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 05:08:55 am »
Okay, that was the fucking best night of my life...

I get there, so excited, and my best friend and my boyfriend got to go with me, and it was so cool. We had awesome seats, which I got as a grauation gift, by the way, so I love my friend who got them for me. We get there, and when she comes onstage, I start to cry almost. She starts playing Ordinary Day, Divide and Conquer, and I start whispering the lyrics, and I got so excited!!! I was thinking, there she is, Vanessa Carlton, my most favorite singer in the whole universe!!!! I got so excited after it finally hit me, that I was finally seeing her for real...

...She played Who's to Say next, which by the way, is my most FAVORITE nessa song, so I was screaming and cheering after that one...me and my pals were singing that one, because by being the pple I hang out most with, they got into nessa too. (and I sing the lyrics to myself all the time...)

...Then she goes into White Houses, which was awesome...Let me tell you what we wore to the concert... I wore my vintage VC Jean Jacket, with lyrics and swirls all over it, some jeans that were decked out as well, with a tank top that read, "And all the Constellations shine down on you and me", my best friend wore the same thing but her tank read, "Who's to say we wont fade to grey", my boyfriend wore a bright red tshirt with the line, "And he's so funny in his bright red shirt" Yeah, we were ready for this  concert all right...

...So she then plays This Time, Put Your Hands On Me, A Thousand Miles, Best Behavior, and lastly, Twilight... Funny thing was, she played all the songs I was wishing she would play. She played my favorites, and I will never forget it. I felt like she was wishing me a happy birthday, because she played all of my favorite songs, and I cried when it was over...

...Stevie wasnt so bad, but can you believe that Nessa's parents were there too? how cool is that...

...I can't wait to see her in concert when she tours again, 'cause I will be 18, and if I must ditch class to go to L.A. cause she doesnt come to SD, then who's to say I can't? I better start saving up for that concert, cause I'm buying everything, and I have to get backstage passes....

...I can't wait....

Liz

(it was worth the three and a half year wait...)

:lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :wink:  :wink:
And all the constellations shine down on you and me... and if you don't believe me, just put your hands on me...

"This is a song about relationships that are condemned either by your family, or by the government..." Vanessa Carlton about Who's to Say

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
7/23/2005: Coors Amphitheatre - Chula Vista, CA (review)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 11:25:46 pm »
Awesome review!

I am impressed Vanessa is varying her setlists, lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

shinessobright

• MSN Messenger - shinessobright
    • AOL Instant Messenger - privateradiogirl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - canyouseemyfirerain
    • View Profile
Thanks!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 04:04:11 pm »
yeah, i was really excited to see her in concert, and now i find myself kinda missing her....so i cant wait for the new album to come out, cause then, she can tour again....i wonder what else will be on the album...

...wouldn't it be wicked awesome if she put morning sting and ameriteen on the new album???

totally hotness!!!!

liz

:lol:  :D  :lol:  :D
And all the constellations shine down on you and me... and if you don't believe me, just put your hands on me...

"This is a song about relationships that are condemned either by your family, or by the government..." Vanessa Carlton about Who's to Say

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Re: Thanks!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 06:02:46 am »
Quote from: "shinessobright"
...wouldn't it be wicked awesome if she put morning sting and ameriteen on the new album???

It would be wicked wickedness if she'd put "All I Ask" and "Superhero" on any album!  But honestly, I think "Swindler" and "Morning Sting" stand a better chance.
Dustin