Author Topic: Massacre  (Read 9363 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 11:34:32 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
One of my best friend's friends was killed.  She was a senior at VTech.  So incredibly sad.  My heart goes out to all the families and friends as well as students/faculty at VTech.  They're in my thoughts and prayers.

omg Gina im sooo sorry  :cry:

charmedguy18

Massacre
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 04:27:06 am »
Quote from: "Gina"
One of my best friend's friends was killed.  She was a senior at VTech.  So incredibly sad.  My heart goes out to all the families and friends as well as students/faculty at VTech.  They're in my thoughts and prayers.

I am really sorry for your loss, Gina. My thoughts are with you and your friend, as with the rest of the lives lost and their loved ones.
I'd hug you, but I can't reach. =/

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 12:37:17 pm »
Thanks guys.  I didn't know her, though, I'd heard about her on a number of occasions.  Her name was Maxine Turner.  I'll pass on the thoughts though to my friend, thanks.  Such a sad time for so many.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 04:53:47 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
In a school of 26,000 people I can't imagine there would only be one Asian. I'm sure there are hundreds of Asians, at least. Sad thing.

Yeah I hung out with alot of foreign students in college including koreans.  Nevermind I found the korean student union at virginia tech.  There are alot of people.  I just know better than to assume...because I've been around groups of foreign exchange students where there was only a handful of people and was just wondering.  For instance I only met one person from Benin.  I know he was not a foreign exchange student but still.

I think there is a larger population of Koreans in America than people from Benin, and this is why I figured there would definitely be more than one and even more than a dozen at VT. To be honest, I don't even know where Benin is or what ethnicity the people are. Koreans, or Korean-Americans, are a pretty large minority group in the US as far as I know.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 06:41:21 pm »
In a school of 26,000 people I can't imagine there would only be one Asian. I'm sure there are hundreds of Asians, at least. Sad thing.

Yeah I hung out with alot of foreign students in college including koreans.  Nevermind I found the korean student union at virginia tech.  There are alot of people.  I just know better than to assume...because I've been around groups of foreign exchange students where there was only a handful of people and was just wondering.  For instance I only met one person from Benin.  I know he was not a foreign exchange student but still.

I think there is a larger population of Koreans in America than people from Benin, and this is why I figured there would definitely be more than one and even more than a dozen at VT. To be honest, I don't even know where Benin is or what ethnicity the people are. Koreans, or Korean-Americans, are a pretty large minority group in the US as far as I know.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.  Benin is a country on the west coast of Africa.  I was just trying to figure out what went wrong when there wasn't very much information about the the perpetrator's background.  I was doing alot more research then I made visual here.  I don't think he deserves so much public attention and I'm suprized on how much has been revealed publically and wasn't expecting the barrage of information about him that has been released, so I did my own digging.  My motivation was to see what the environment was around him in case those conditions might exist other places so and so forth, so in case people wanted to know I might have something to reveal for insight into why it happened for those people wondering, what we might do to keep it from happening again or on a large scale, so and so forth.  But I think we all know now what happened and I hope we take measures to insure people are safe in the classroom and elsewhere.  Lastly, I've done this type of thing for other stuff, in the past, and it is not for the glorification of a rotten, insane, spree murderer of the worst degree.  It was so that we might know eventually what happened as the word leaked out slowly, not in a way that that would cause pain for people as has probably happened through the media at such an early time after the incident.

My heart goes out to the people who are affected.  I'm sorry for ruffling feathers.  I myself was shocked at what happened as so many other people around the world.

windycity

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Email
long distance response
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 08:41:22 pm »
i would also like to extend my condolenses also,  how does a long  a distance hug from me to u.
windycity

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 10:32:19 am »
I just think that people should be more nicer to people who are loners and stuff. I mean I hate when people make fun of people for things they cant control...race..sexuality..if they are handicapped. People are just mean. I mean there are nice people out there so dont get me wrong. But I mean I know this sounds vain but its their fault he did that for not reaching out for him. The room mates were on an interview and they said they reached out but he shut them down. If that does not work I think you should just make casual talk here and there dont just shut them down for shuting you down.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 11:30:02 am »
[ I don't think he deserves so much public attention and I'm suprized on how much has been revealed publically

I so agree with this statement. A friend of mine goes to VT and said that students are constantly being barraged by reporters for interviews and stories, and most of the hotels are being taken up by reporters, so much so that families of victims and students can't find a room to stay in. It's as if no one has any sense of tact and respect for those who are grieving anymore. We're all supporting VT and want to know how they're doing, but the media really needs to back off. As for the amount of footage they're showing of him, that needs to stop as well - showing it to such an extent is, in my opinion, just glorifying him and making him in to a martyr, which is what he wanted.

[/rant]

with that said, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone at VT - right now, we're all Hokies.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 03:03:04 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
I just think that people should be more nicer to people who are loners and stuff. I mean I hate when people make fun of people for things they cant control...race..sexuality..if they are handicapped. People are just mean. I mean there are nice people out there so dont get me wrong. But I mean I know this sounds vain but its their fault he did that for not reaching out for him. The room mates were on an interview and they said they reached out but he shut them down. If that does not work I think you should just make casual talk here and there dont just shut them down for shuting you down.

There is only so much you can do to try to get a person to open up to you. Maybe his roommates didn't know how to approach him after awhile. You never know. It's not right to say it's "their fault"- that is very premature, and it's nobody's fault that someone has a mental illness and can't function in society. If anything spurned his behavior it was probably early childhood treatment, not his college roommates not striving to crack his shell.

And that doesn't sound vain, vain means that you think you are better than others. It sounded judgmental.

tylor2000

• View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 03:58:13 pm »

There is only so much you can do to try to get a person to open up to you. Maybe his roommates didn't know how to approach him after awhile. You never know. It's not right to say it's "their fault"- that is very premature, and it's nobody's fault that someone has a mental illness and can't function in society. If anything spurned his behavior it was probably early childhood treatment, not his college roommates not striving to crack his shell.

And that doesn't sound vain, vain means that you think you are better than others. It sounded judgmental.

Noelle is right.  Take it from someone who has been a loner and anti-social for the past couple of years himself.  Even though it's good to blow sunshine up someone's ass(in a manner of speaking) most of the time, sometimes the situation becomes so bad that the only person who should be cracking open that shell is a professional, at least in this case with the VT mass murderer.

Sometimes people really do just want to be alone for their own reasons and at some point you have to respect that until they want to open up themselves.  I think it is safe to say that most of the time someone doesn't go bezirk and go on a killing rampage while attending school just because they are a loner.

Even though I was looking for an antagonist didn't mean there was one, I was just checking.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Massacre
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 12:17:45 pm »
I just think that people should be more nicer to people who are loners and stuff. I mean I hate when people make fun of people for things they cant control...race..sexuality..if they are handicapped.

I 100% agree with this.  Im sick of people being picked on for things they cant change, or feelings or behaviors that they have grown into.  

However on the opposite end of that there are the people who pretend to have problems and are popular and most likely spoiled brats.   I feel they should be made fun of more often.
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

windycity

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Email
there is one thing
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 07:34:03 pm »
have u oticed that we know the faces of the 32
ppl that were killed at VT,and yet we dont see the pictures of the dead coming back from the mideast,
i was listening to the news   when this particular point was made. i does make one wonder, about this
conflict that the US is involved in.
windycity

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: there is one thing
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 03:30:03 am »
Quote from: "windycity"
ppl that were killed at VT,and yet we dont see the pictures of the dead coming back from the mideast,
i was listening to the news   when this particular point was made. i does make one wonder, about this

seriously. it's fucked up

joann

Re: there is one thing
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 04:38:27 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Quote from: "windycity"

seriously. it's fucked up

that's stupid
a student is not a soldier
one has nothing to do with the other
 :roll:
and pictures of the soldiers that have died are always shown on the news, our local news in particular

charmedguy18

Massacre
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 09:06:00 am »
As humans, our first reaction to a problem is to place blame. But not everything has to have someone to blame.
This was no one's fault except Seung-Cho's. And he even he probably wasn't in complete control when these events were taking place. I mean, he was obviously VERY mentally ill. That is apparent in not only his recent actions, but from his personal computer, his plays, and his essays. He was a psycho, and the only thing that could have stopped him from doing this was if he had been sent to a facility at an earlier date, but the problem is that he was friends with NO ONE, and NO ONE had that chance to observe his behaviors.
The teachers and students that read his writings before he committed the murders couldn't just had said "he wrote this, it's weird, institutionalize him." could they? No. If they had, they'd just be accused of trying to cause problems and forgotten.

PLEASE stop placing blame, people. What's happened has happened, and the only thing we should be doing is keeping these victims in our thoughts and in our hearts.