Author Topic: New Vanessa Article:Earth Month  (Read 13832 times)

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
New Vanessa Article:Earth Month
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 06:25:02 pm »
Pot may be fun but it ain't safe!
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 09:01:02 pm »
I was under the impression that Vanessa smoked pot? Didn't she say in an interview that her voice is deep from smoking pot or something along that line? I don't really have anything wrong with it. I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm finding out slowly that everyone I look up to or admire both in high school and even in Hollywood do something like that. It doesn't bother me anymore.
Joe

Nanc77

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
Re: Pot Pot Pot
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 09:55:15 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
O please, there's nothing wrong with that! Pot is safe! And it's fun

PLEASE.

It kills your brain cells, right? What's fun about that?

obviously you've never tried it before  :D
"omg! someone ate my entire pie!"

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 10:24:43 pm »
Some people value their brain cells.  It's uncommon, but I swear it's true.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 10:30:31 pm »
first of all, i think it's retarded that people here would look down on her (or anyone) for smoking weed. second, i hate to break it to you guys, but she does.
Samuel
(he/him)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 12:47:10 am »
erm....I walk to work everyday.   But it is also for efficiency as much as to save the world....maybe more so. I actually planned it that way.  I walk whenever I can to go where I need.   I use cloth bags when I go shopping for food when I remember or can but I go to trader joes and costco instead.  I know whole foods is hip and they have great food there (I have bought food there,) but right now my lifestyle doesn't have them in the picture.  i don't mind buying inorganic food for the time being.  I also just eat way too many vegetables and try to buy them in bulk in order to support that lifestyle.  I live a more earth friendly lifestyle than most environmentalists, without really trying.  I use florescent light bulbs like I have since they started making them to save money and energy.

About pot, who cares.  I can see myself smoking it, no big deal.  But I'm not going to promote it either, or use it all the time.  I'm sick of hearing the virgin and whore plurality on pot use.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 12:52:58 am »
I have to agree, I don't care who says "Pot is fun and safe! Its harmless it just makes you happy." Bullshit. Its bad for you, its not natural, its soaked in chemicals that burn your lungs more than smoking a whole pack of cigarettes . I think Vanessa Carlton is amazing, and if she does indeed do pot, its beneath her in my opinion and she's not the person I thought she was. I look down on people who drink, smoke, and do ANY type of DRUG! INCLUDING MARIJUANA.  :roll:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 05:48:47 am »
honestly, i dont care who smokes pot and who dosnt. do whatever the hell you want. if vanessa does, whatever lol she is making amazzzzing music and she is a good person! and we are all here to enjoy her music and how creative she is! so maybe we should drop the subject?
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 06:54:33 am »
newsflash: musicians smoke weed. not all of them. but a hell of a lot of them.
and really, no one has the right to judge pot smokers or anybody else. pot smokers don't give a you-know-what if people DON'T smoke weed, they tend not to judge people who don't smoke, so why should they get judged? it's a personal lifestyle choice and it's none of anyones' business except the person who chooses to do it.
if a person smokes pot, they are making the decision to do it and the decision to hurt their own lungs. it's not up to anyone else (with the exception of law enforcement, since it's illegal) to do or say anything about it.
and if you choose to disrespect everyone in the world who smokes weed, you are going to be disrespecting an awful lot of people, including a vast number of musicians. i hope the non-smokers don't get too lonely in your ipods  :lol:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Nanc77

• AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 09:14:07 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
newsflash: musicians smoke weed. not all of them. but a hell of a lot of them.
and really, no one has the right to judge pot smokers or anybody else. pot smokers don't give a you-know-what if people DON'T smoke weed, they tend not to judge people who don't smoke, so why should they get judged? it's a personal lifestyle choice and it's none of anyones' business except the person who chooses to do it.
if a person smokes pot, they are making the decision to do it and the decision to hurt their own lungs. it's not up to anyone else (with the exception of law enforcement, since it's illegal) to do or say anything about it.
and if you choose to disrespect everyone in the world who smokes weed, you are going to be disrespecting an awful lot of people, including a vast number of musicians. i hope the non-smokers don't get too lonely in your ipods  :lol:

very well said amber beads. I for the longest time was completely against it.. but i felt hipocritical being against something i had never even experienced, so i tried it 2 times.. (didnt really work the first time) but i understand why people enjoy it and would want to feel relaxed. Now, I don't advocate doing it on an everyday basis bc that's just gluttonous in my opinion, but I can't get hate all pot smokers for wanting to relax just the way anyone who likes to have a DRINK after work would want to... ohh but we don't judge people on that do we? They had to be borderline alcoholics or worse for us to think anything of it.. it's messed up. People forget ALCOHOL is a drepressant drug just like Marijuana.

Furthermore, If vanessa smokes weed, that is her choice. I enjoy her music regardless, as we all should.  8)

ordinaryday, you seem so sure when saying she did. How do you know?
"omg! someone ate my entire pie!"

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 12:05:12 pm »
I live a straight edge lifestyle and know many people who stay away from all drugs. I like it that way.

As Sarah Michelle Gellar says: "I am militant about drugs. You want to do 'em? You're out of my life."

When she said that I looked up to her even more.

Sure, if a person wants to do drugs they can do that. Its not my life its theirs. if they want to hurt their own lungs, brain cells, whatever then they can do that! But I don't want to be around them and if you want to do them around me you can take your behind else where.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 12:53:28 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
i think it's retarded that people here would look down on her (or anyone) for smoking weed.

I know, right.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 01:55:47 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
I live a straight edge lifestyle and know many people who stay away from all drugs. I like it that way.

That's great. More power to you. But nobody is looking down on you for making that choice, and frankly, they deserve the same respect.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 02:19:42 pm »
It's ok that you don't want to be around pot smokers while they are smoking, but taking them completely out of your life just for doing that is, honestly, stupid. You can loose a lot of great people that way.

nat

• MSN Messenger - nasty_candido@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/natalinha
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 02:27:32 pm »
she can do what she want in her life. i think people can do what they want with their life, somoke or not potis not a problem to me.

the article is funny and i can know this side of vanessa!