Author Topic: New Vanessa Article:Earth Month  (Read 13811 times)

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
New Vanessa Article:Earth Month
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 02:31:01 pm »
whoa whoa whoa people... why would you ever look down on someone for smoking weed? That's such a way to judge a book by a cover... and so condescending. Some of the coolest people I know are the biggest stoners I know. I can see why you would respect someone for resisting a somewhat unhealthy influence, but just because someone's personal lifestyle doesn't perfectly match your values doesn't mean that they're bad people or should be looked down upon. That's serious bullshit. Furthermore, I really think weed is okay in moderation. I used to be a serious stoner... started just once  a day and then soon enough it was morning afternoon and night. To be honest, I started feeling it's effects on my memory and motivation. I know that doesn't happen to all stoners... some can handle obscene amounts to relatively little consequence. For me, pot was starting to become more of an escape from stress or what not and I realized that you just gotta face the world no matter how much teen angst you have. Don't get me wrong, I got to school in Boulder. I still smoke, just not as much. Weed can be an awesome thing for you intellectually, both when your high on it, and when you're not. And it is an AMAZING tool for musicians. The only song I've composed in one sitting was one I wrote when I was stoned.  Anyway, nuff said. I've gone on too long again! Oh and here's a pic from Norlin Quad on Friday... it was unbelievable!

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 03:59:30 pm »
^Wow, that picture is crazy!  Notice how many other people are taking pictures at that exact same moment.   :lol:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 07:38:21 pm »
I think pot is really bad. It is so bad for your skin, and complexion. I detest people when they use it. I have the right to criticize people that use pot because it is illegal, and I have free will. I think the sara Michelle gellar quote is so true. I don't understand it. I think it is immature, and pointless, why do it. I hate when people use it in a public setting too. I only understand it if you are going through chemotherapy , or have some HUGE disease... If someone uses a drug to better their music that means to me that they are not capable of doing it alone by themselves. I would like your proof that vanessa does pot also.
Peace
-S

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 07:41:58 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
I think pot is really bad. It is so bad for your skin, and complexion. I detest people when they use it. I have the right to criticize people that use pot because it is illegal, and I have free will. I think the sara Michelle gellar quote is so true. I don't understand it. I think it is immature, and pointless, why do it. I hate when people use it in a public setting too. I only understand it if you are going through chemotherapy , or have some HUGE disease... If someone uses a drug to better their music that means to me that they are not capable of doing it alone by themselves. I would like your proof that vanessa does pot also.

Thank you Steve, I admire you for saying that and believe everything you have said. I do hope she does not, and if she does, please show some proof! For now I will keep that thought out of my mind.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 07:53:03 pm »
I think when people parade around that they are getting high, or do it for fun, in public, or think they are the coolest thing for using a drug. I think it is stupid. I have the right to look down on them people do it every day

LIKE:

Races

Sexualities - Gay people, asexual, bisexuals

people that get abortions

perniciousness

prostitutes, strippers, whores

people that don't have the same religious values

drug addicts

homeless people

People that are in a social class or two below you

robbers

Big business people

fat people

This is just a list of common things that I notice. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one... You can not change that. If someone is going to be a role model they should not do things like that. I mean I understand that if she does it she does not parade it around, but I just would hoe so she is a kind of a role model to me. I am not saying that I am
Peace
-S

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 08:16:02 pm »
you are amazing steve. be a public speaker!

She is a role model to many children and teens, and many of you adults who want to use that substance do it, whatever. But to tell kids thats how she gets her inspiration is just wrong. Because then they will go and do it, and believe me they will. Be better than drugs, if you don't want too then fine. I really do like being drug-free and healthy.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 09:34:21 pm »
^^^ Woah.... I'm sure V does not write her music while under the influence of pot....and most of her songs seem to just be inspired by her life....ATM, Who's To Say, San Francisco... I'm not saying that she doesn't do it....I really don't care and I'd like her no less if she did....What she does in her free time really doesn't affect my life all that much... Her songs just really aren't that trippy  :)
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 11:06:30 pm »
I think when people parade around that they are getting high, or do it for fun, in public, or think they are the coolest thing for using a drug. I think it is stupid. I have the right to look down on them people do it every day

LIKE:

Races

perniciousness

drug addicts

homeless people

robbers

Big business people

fat people

This is just a list of common things that I notice. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one... You can not change that. If someone is going to be a role model they should not do things like that. I mean I understand that if she does it she does not parade it around, but I just would hoe so she is a kind of a role model to me. I am not saying that I am

Well you certainly have the right to look down on people.. be my guest. It's all relative. I really can't discern whether you're saying that you lose all respect for someone who smokes pot, or just a little respect. Would you be their friend before you found out they smoked? After? If not, I consider you seriously close-minded and uneducated.

Also, those items in your list... do you mean to say that you look down on anyone who matches one of those descriptions? Or are you saying that you have the right to look down on pot smokers, just as others have the right to look down on homosexuals, or fat people, or successful businessmen? Either way, it's an aweful comparison.. I would seriously think twice about taking up public speaking.

oh and I just found this link, although not sure how credible it is:

former pot head?

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 06:22:47 am »
lol that article is retarded. i wouldn't put any faith into it at all.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 07:14:50 am »
I have the right to look down on them people do it every day

"Judge, I ran the red light because...well...people do it every day."

"I hit him in the face because people do it every day."

"I stole from the liquor store because, people do it everyday."

"I smoked pot because people do it everyday."

It is not a great argument.  I don't care what this is about I just hate that argument.  You can use it to justify anything.  Opinion or not.  And people use that argument everyday.....

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 07:18:21 am »
i just don't understand why people can't have respect for other peoples' choices. you don't have to agree with those choices in order to respect the fact that they have the right to make them. especially people who know nothing about pot.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 02:33:09 pm »
I don't respect anyone for choosing to put illegal drugs in their body or lifestyle.  8O

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 02:41:55 pm »
i say life is short. do what you want.

she's not harming anyone and it obviously hasn't affected her songwriting ability.

i don't smoke pot, but i'm not here to judge people who do it.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2007, 05:18:05 pm »

LIKE:

Races

perniciousness

drug addicts

homeless people

robbers

Big business people

fat people

You can't put on the same category people who look down on robbers and people who look down on someone else because of their race, sexual orientation, religion, or social class.

It's ok to look down on robbers or people who are hurting others. Thinking people do this.

It is awful and wrong to look down on people because of their  race, sexual orientation, religion, or social class. People who do this are usually ignorants and fanatics.
Of course everyone should be free to think what they want, but still there are no logical reasons to look down on someone because of something so superficial.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 11:11:37 am »
Hey, people!  Why can't we all just get a bong? 8)
Dustin