Author Topic: What is the last song you listened to?  (Read 53205 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: What is the last song you listened to?
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2011, 05:43:14 pm »
Put Your Arms Around Me - Jens Lekman

Just heard this from the movie Whip It. The instrumental caught my ears, so I decided to look up to it. I was not disappointed.

On the other hand, I'm also taking time to rediscover Colbie Caillat. Realize and The Little Things has been playing on repeat lately.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »

Just heard this from the movie Whip It. The instrumental caught my ears, so I decided to look up to it. I was not disappointed.

On the other hand, I'm also taking time to rediscover Colbie Caillat. Realize and The Little Things has been playing on repeat lately.
I like Feelings Show by Colbie :)

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2011, 07:13:42 pm »

Like Colbies Fallin' For You.  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2011, 10:58:59 pm »
And Colbie's Fearless. I just love that one :)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2011, 11:29:48 am »
My Morning Jacket - it beats 4 u

I am so glad V got me interested in MMJ, I'm hooked. If you sign up to the website they send live performance mp3 to celebrate the new release of their record.

I love the summer releases: KT Tunstall's EP, MMJ, Vanessa and Stevie Nicks!

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2012, 05:52:57 pm »
Ellie Goulding - The Writer

Ellie is an English songwriter, came across this song a few months ago while flicking through the music channels, and was immediately struck by the melody and her very distinctive singing voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ru2glqXAg

hmm, I'm undecided.  I think I like her voice, however most of the other songs on utube seem too poppy for her vocals.  The Writer seems more her style but like she is being forced to do this mixed/pop stuff that I can't stand.

Totally agree with you, really don't think her vocals are suited to the other songs,will be interesting to see what road she does go down eventually.I held off buying her album after listening to the other stuff and just bought The Writer.

I do like her cover version of Elton Johns Your Song though, vocally she is far more suited to that type of song.

I know what you guys mean. "The Writer" is the song of hers that caught my attention too, but after listening to her other stuff, I don't know if I like that genre of music. I mean, it's catchy and all, but I wish it was more whispy and folk-y like "The Writer."
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2012, 05:42:22 am »
My Morning Jacket - it beats 4 u

I am so glad V got me interested in MMJ, I'm hooked. If you sign up to the website they send live performance mp3 to celebrate the new release of their record.

I love the summer releases: KT Tunstall's EP, MMJ, Vanessa and Stevie Nicks!

I'm glad she got me interested in MMJ too, I LOVE Circuital album, (I hadn't known it was nominated for a grammy, but they didn't win)  I bought one of their older albums but I haven't listened to it yet because I'm hooked on Feist and Florence and the Machine right now (LOVE Between two lungs)
~Sara~

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2012, 05:43:28 am »

Ellie is an English songwriter, came across this song a few months ago while flicking through the music channels, and was immediately struck by the melody and her very distinctive singing voice.

hmm, I'm undecided.  I think I like her voice, however most of the other songs on utube seem too poppy for her vocals.  The Writer seems more her style but like she is being forced to do this mixed/pop stuff that I can't stand.

Totally agree with you, really don't think her vocals are suited to the other songs,will be interesting to see what road she does go down eventually.I held off buying her album after listening to the other stuff and just bought The Writer.

I do like her cover version of Elton Johns Your Song though, vocally she is far more suited to that type of song.

I know what you guys mean. "The Writer" is the song of hers that caught my attention too, but after listening to her other stuff, I don't know if I like that genre of music. I mean, it's catchy and all, but I wish it was more whispy and folk-y like "The Writer."

My sister actually bought me her cd for christmas, I listened to a few songs...it's in the pile for the goodwill.  It's not my style at all!
~Sara~

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2012, 11:35:45 am »

hmm, I'm undecided.  I think I like her voice, however most of the other songs on utube seem too poppy for her vocals.  The Writer seems more her style but like she is being forced to do this mixed/pop stuff that I can't stand.

My sister actually bought me her cd for christmas, I listened to a few songs...it's in the pile for the goodwill.  It's not my style at all!

I see what you guys mean, but I definitely heard it in a different way? (not sure how to put it  :D haha)

It might be because I first encountered her more poppy music, but to me, it feels like a very unique twist on the pop genre. She has acoustic versions of her poppy songs, and I appreciate both, actually. And I'm usually not into such electronic music. :D I've become quite a fan of Ellie. Though her songs are pop, they have a unique atmosphere and sound.

She has a very beautiful voice that definately sounds better with her more acoustic tracks. It just depends on what kind of music you like. ;D Hopefully, she releases more of that into the mainstream with her next album.

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »
run by snow patrol. Amazing. Found it from Smash. Love it!
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night