Author Topic: Emmy Rossum  (Read 4367 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:49:58 pm »
So I found out she's coming out with an album that should be released Summer of '07.
I'm a fan of Emmy, but I'm a little skeptical about YET ANOTHER Actress turned Singer. I'm hoping for lyrics I can relate too with a great voice like the Phantom of the Opera. I don't want to get my hopes up though. Seems like everyone in Hollywood these days think they have musical talent and make a crappy album.
Well...I hope its good. I'll post any other news if I hear anything.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:08:27 am »
she is incredible... I think I would be fine just listening to her amazing voice. I especially loved that scene from Phantom.. I don't know what the name of the song is... where she's singing for the first time in front of the full auditorium.... Anyway I went on this date one time to this little italian restaraunt and this lady was singing live music and she had a playlist you could choose from, and that song was on there, so I had her sing it because I really just didn't believe it could be done. But she did it and it was amazing!

Wow that was mostly irrelevant and highly anticlimactic....  :?

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Re: Emmy Rossum
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:16:18 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
I'm a fan of Emmy, but I'm a little skeptical about YET ANOTHER Actress turned Singer.

i wouldn't be too skeptical. imo, she cannot act to save her life. her role in the phantom of the opera didn't require too much (christine is such a pathetic excuse for a girl), and she still wasn't that great, but it's her voice that saved her performance.

i remember back in high school, everyone was shocked when this random girl with no acting experience won the role of cinderella instead of the girl everyone thought would get the role. my drama coach said to me, Megan can sing. I can teach her how to act. i kind of feel the same way about emmy rossum.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Manda

• View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:33:32 pm »
I thought she did a great job in the phantom. Its my all time favorite movie.

Like Marla Sokoloff, I know she will do an amazing job. I'm just a little anxious and excited to hear the music and read the lyrics.

Tim she has a great voice!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 08:32:11 pm »
i love the movie but i think she's a horrible actress.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Manda

• View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 09:43:48 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
i love the movie but i think she's a horrible actress.

to each her own. Its fine, no hard feelings.
I still like her.

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 05:26:56 pm »
I just heard her new songs off her EP on itunes and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with it.After some of her performances in the Phantom of the Opera (singing-wise atleast),I would have expected alot more than what she produced.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:09:59 am »
Quote from: "Journey_to"
I just heard her new songs off her EP on itunes and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with it.After some of her performances in the Phantom of the Opera (singing-wise atleast),I would have expected alot more than what she produced.
I think she is vocally amazing.. the production on the few songs were horrible.  They're way over produced.  They could have just let her sing without having to drown out her voice with other crap and it would have been awesome.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Manda

• View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 03:15:47 pm »
link?

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 04:36:05 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
link?
I just bought them on iTunes.  It came out in some little weekly update thingy from apple for me.
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Ivan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 11:34:55 am »

Manda

• View Profile
Emmy Rossum
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 12:11:29 pm »
I saw the video a while back when it was put up on her site, it is absolutely ridiculous. Along with the over produced tracks that I've heard so far, the video is kind of all over the place. Big dresses, running, and the part that really made me laugh was when she was flopping around in the pool. Emmy needs to rethink everything she's doing...