Author Topic: The Hush Sound  (Read 4877 times)

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« on: May 27, 2007, 05:31:18 pm »
Oh my wow! If you've heard any of this band's stuff then you know how amazing they are. It's like piano punk/pop and their sound is so uniquely their own!

Two lead singers, Bob and Greta (weird combo names but they're so good together) and almost all of their songs are piano influenced. Greta plays the piano and writes almost all of the band's songs and Bob is the guitarist. I forgot the other two guys' names but they play bass and drums.

Anyways, just check them out HERE. BTW, Wine Red is an AWESOME SONG!!!

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
The Hush Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 07:09:40 pm »
Yes, they are amazing!  I recently got into them (thanks to my brother & his wife) & saw them in concert.  My favorite song of theirs is "Don't Wake Me Up."   :D
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 04:50:52 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Yes, they are amazing!  I recently got into them (thanks to my brother & his wife) & saw them in concert.  My favorite song of theirs is "Don't Wake Me Up."   :D

Yes, a very good song too!

I just figured out how to play Wine Red last night, I'm so happy that I did!!!  :D

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 02:49:14 pm »
So everyone can hear how great they are... here's Wine Red. Please give them a listen, you won't be disappointed! Piano-driven, catchy, kinda pop/rock  :D , 100% GOOD... lol  :D

Anyway, just listen!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5p20c

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Hush Sound
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 07:54:49 pm »
I wouldn't call it punk at all...& that's a good thing!   :lol:

<3 them!!!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 12:53:21 pm »
My cover (or instrumental) of Wine Red:

Check it>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qMMzRReot4

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 11:10:11 pm »
i love them! got into them a while ago, i think i found out about them through promosquad.com

Red Wine is a good song, i think its my favorite song (havent listened to the cd in a while, gotta upload it to my ipod). your cover is really good!

btw if you listen to the girl singing in the background, it kinda sounds like nessa. but thats only cuz the music is really soft, i think lol

stickfigures

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - reworkthepast
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stickfigures
The Hush Sound
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 08:39:30 pm »
I love The Hush Sound. I've been listening to them since their first album So Sudden was released. They are working on their 3rd album right now, I'm so excited

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 10:55:27 pm »
Their new CD is coming out March 18 and you can listen to 2 of the new songs ("honey" and "medicine man") on youtube.. gahh i'm so excited for it.
And they're going on the Honda Civic Tour with Panic At the Disco and Motion City Soundtrack.

charmedguy18

The Hush Sound - Goodbye Blues
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 12:30:30 pm »
Being on the same label as Panic, I relate them to each other. And like, Pretty.Odd., I LOVE THS's new album. I don't think it took such a different sound turn as Pretty.Odd., but it does have a slightly different vibe than So Sudden and Like Vines.
Thoughts?

charmedguy18

The Hush Sound
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 03:20:41 pm »
Hmm.. Okay?

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Hush Sound
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 03:42:28 pm »
I was waiting until I'd heard it a few times before I answered you...'cause at first I wasn't as blown away as I thought I'd be (mostly because I had super-high hopes), but it's already really growing on me.  I'm a big fan of everything they've put out so far...although I only have about 3/4 of each of the previous albums.  I need to get the rest of their songs!
The fantasy

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 12:41:10 pm »
I love them! :D

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »
Love them, love Goodbye Blues, but where is Bob? He only sings like 3 songs on this album.... don't get me wrong, I love Greta and all of her songs are magnificent.. but I love me some Bob too.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Hush Sound
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »
OH MY GOD. The new album is amazing. i love the new bluesy sound that they have and it doesn't go into being too much of a cliche, you know, the "saloon with the piano" thing. It stays fresh and new. my favorite tracks are Hurricane, Love You Much Better and ALL the Bob songs.

and i agree, too much Greta (not that it's a bad thing...) not enough Bob :(

I'm going to see them with Panic on May 11th! YEEESSSSSS.