Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale-First single??  (Read 186330 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale-First single??
« Reply #510 on: June 23, 2007, 08:54:19 pm »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
just click by the song name first you have to manke sure that you are logged in and than click on 'add' and than just click yes and than bam.

Thanks. I figured it out a couple of minutes after I posted the Q... As a computer geek I hang my head in shame  :razz:  j/k, even the most tech-savie have moments of "huh" and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

tell me about it.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 23, 2007, 08:56:44 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
You're always looking way too much into things.
But whatever Rosie...I'm done arguing with you because you always want to be right.  :roll:

I agree. Music is music. I get really annoyed when people over analyze everything and attempt to apply deep meanings to everything they hear or read. And then proceeds to judge a piece of poetry, music, or art and decide it's childish or not mature enough because it doesn't adhere to that persons aesthetics and their idea of how something should read, look, or sound.

Fergie has released some really awesome pop songs lately, love her or hate her, she has great pop songs that sell well. Music doesn't have to be deep or sophisticated in anyway to be music.

And guess what, I'm a classically trained pianist and attend the Rhode Island Philharmonic Music School, the notion of having some musical inclanation more so than others does not give you the right to judge a song and then blast other people for having a different opinion while asserting yours has more credibility, that's a bunch of horse crap. God, this place is crowded with elitist snobs. And I deal with a lot of elitist snobs on a daily basis at the music school. Seriously.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #512 on: June 24, 2007, 12:24:01 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
But whatever Rosie...I'm done arguing with you because you always want to be right.  :roll:

I agree. Music is music. I get really annoyed when people over analyze everything and attempt to apply deep meanings to everything they hear or read. And then proceeds to judge a piece of poetry, music, or art and decide it's childish or not mature enough because it doesn't adhere to that persons aesthetics and their idea of how something should read, look, or sound.

Fergie has released some really awesome pop songs lately, love her or hate her, she has great pop songs that sell well. Music doesn't have to be deep or sophisticated in anyway to be music.

And guess what, I'm a classically trained pianist and attend the Rhode Island Philharmonic Music School, the notion of having some musical inclanation more so than others does not give you the right to judge a song and then blast other people for having a different opinion while asserting yours has more credibility, that's a bunch of horse crap. God, this place is crowded with elitist snobs. And I deal with a lot of elitist snobs on a daily basis at the music school. Seriously.

That was very perfectly put :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 24, 2007, 01:54:04 am »

This just makes me laugh. I don't think anyone on here was 'blasting' Vanessa's song or criticising others for having a different opinion. Some people think the song is childish- and they genuinely think it's childish- not because they think they are superior. Why do you have a problem with people saying that?

I feel sorry that you think music is 'just music'. Music is a huge and integral part of culture and if that isn't open to criticism then I wonder what you have left. Music should be analysed and criticised- it's what makes it a brilliant art form.

And I don't have any musical training at ALL so I'm not being an elitist snob about this.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 24, 2007, 02:03:11 am »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"

That was very perfectly put :)

I think there is a misunderstanding on both sides.  You are agreeing on more points then you might realize.  Either you like the expression in the song or you don't.  Luckly Vanessa isn't so one sided as to not be able to attract one or the other of us, but all of us, individually, in something we like about her music; in the music she writes.  Be it this song or any other.

No matter what your viewpoint is, I think most of us would agree we want  Vanessa to do well.

EDIT: and yeah that was aimed at rosie also

I edited again for spelling and punctuation mistakes I made at 4 am last night(which is when it was first posted this(a few beers too, hehe)

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
« Reply #515 on: June 24, 2007, 04:34:31 am »
wow you people  :o

so um, who thinks the song will go to number one? *looks around*

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #516 on: June 24, 2007, 04:44:38 am »
Quote from: "Dora"
so um, who thinks the song will go to number one? *looks around*

If the song's promoted right and has a hot video, I think it can make top 10.

Another number 1 for Vanessa would be great though.

jen_spen

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - c_me_dnc@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
    • Email
« Reply #517 on: June 24, 2007, 04:48:25 am »
every time an artist with a loyal fan base releases a highly anticipated and long awaited new album there is ALWAYS a backlash......michelle branch, avril lavigne, hanson, muse, silverchair...the list goes on and on and on and on and on......
http://myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
And now that I have held you in my own arms
I can not let go till you are

jen_spen

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - c_me_dnc@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
    • Email
« Reply #518 on: June 24, 2007, 04:49:18 am »
oh i mean by a few people not everyone like you know you can't please everyobdy....
http://myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
And now that I have held you in my own arms
I can not let go till you are

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 24, 2007, 08:37:35 am »
Quote from: "jen_spen"
avril lavigne

hell yeah!  :twisted:

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #520 on: June 24, 2007, 08:47:22 am »
im not sure if it will make #1...i sure hope so...but i think it will for sure make like #4 - 8

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 24, 2007, 08:56:30 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

This just makes me laugh. I don't think anyone on here was 'blasting' Vanessa's song or criticising others for having a different opinion. Some people think the song is childish- and they genuinely think it's childish- not because they think they are superior. Why do you have a problem with people saying that?

I feel sorry that you think music is 'just music'. Music is a huge and integral part of culture and if that isn't open to criticism then I wonder what you have left. Music should be analysed and criticised- it's what makes it a brilliant art form.

And I don't have any musical training at ALL so I'm not being an elitist snob about this.

Go ahead and laugh all you want. Really. You seem to entertain yourself more so than anyone else on this forum could. There isn't a problem when someone expresses their opinion about this song, but there's a fine line between expressing an opinion and judging a song by saying it is actually childish and not mature. Which is entirely objective. And others have done that.

Music is a huge and integral part of culture and history. But no matter how you look at it, or how life changing it may be for you, music is still fucking music. YOU apply the deeper meaning of music to culture, history and yourself, music doesn't apply anything to itself other than the fact that hey, it's nice to listen to. Don't lecture me about something I go to school for and am earning a degree in.

And there's a huge difference between analyzing and giving CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from tearing something to shreds and beating it down because people are being nit picky punks, aka "I DON'T LIKE THE HEY AT THE END OF THE SONG, WAHWAH."

Please. You make me laugh.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #522 on: June 24, 2007, 09:51:25 am »
You don't have to have a "constructive" reason to dislike the song. There's just not much about it that appeals to me. I DON'T like they "hey!" at the end of the song and I don't have to like it; I think she sounds silly. I think her lyrics are childish and I feel she has regressed since her last album and it bums me out.
The only constructive criticism I could offer her on this song is to pretty much rewrite the entire thing. Sorry, guys, but I'm not going to worship something Vanessa shit out just because it was Vanessa. That's not my style.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 24, 2007, 10:06:08 am »
I didn't say anything about "constructive reasons". Whatever the hell that means. You can like and dislike the song, it really doesn't matter to me. I was talking about criticisms. I'm just saying that rather than being a douche bag concerning your opinion, you can express it in better ways.

I just feel sorry for Vanessa in the end, because concerning her most loyal fanbase, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. We all want Vanessa's album to become a success, and we all have to remember, this is her COMEBACK. Heroes and Thieves isn't about us - her already existing fanbase in the sense that Harmonium was. Right now she's trying to reach out to others who normally wouldn't listen to her music and re-establish connections with previous fans. Everything is pure straight up business at this point, this is make or break for Vanessa.

You don't have to like Nolita Fairytale, but we should still support Vanessa and her endeavours. There'll be other singles from Heroes and Thieves. Awhile ago I asked if anyone had ideas or plans for another ATR project themed around Nolita Fairytale, and no one said anything. I think it's about time we get the gears in motion, October will be here before you  know it!  :)

charmedguy18

« Reply #524 on: June 24, 2007, 11:02:05 am »
This argument is so stupid. Are you kidding me? WHO GIVES A FUCK about WHO likes the song. NO ONE CARES. Your opinion is your own, and that's it. No one else's.  zzZZzzz