Author Topic: The Wreckage  (Read 4811 times)

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Wreckage
« on: June 02, 2007, 01:12:54 am »
what are the lyrics? and is it just me or does it sound kinda morbid?

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Wreckage
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 02:59:54 am »
It's kinda literal, it's about Vanessa hoping for a car wreckage when she was on tour (I think)

rainforestspirit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
The Wreckage
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 07:58:38 pm »
Actually V told us in concert that she is a horrible driver and it scares her mom and freaks out her agent that she will get into an accident. While she is driving she sometimes thinks about what it would be like to just have the car crash into the metal bumper along the median of the road. She is just kidding  and I have to admit that I actually sometimes think about this too as my mind is drifting during long night drive. But is just imagining it, not really thinking she would do it.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
The Wreckage
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 10:00:48 pm »
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"
Actually V told us in concert that she is a horrible driver and it scares her mom and freaks out her agent that she will get into an accident. While she is driving she sometimes thinks about what it would be like to just have the car crash into the metal bumper along the median of the road. She is just kidding  and I have to admit that I actually sometimes think about this too as my mind is drifting during long night drive. But is just imagining it, not really thinking she would do it.

...but it is her "secret need"....
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
The Wreckage
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 10:18:35 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"

...but it is her "secret need"....

I know I have.  I think anyone who has driven on a narrow two lane highway at 70 miles per hour, or even 55, notices the potential of the danger.  Even if it is not a fantasy, just because it is something you are trying to avoid from happening while driving.  It is unavoidable to notice, and you realize it is just by inches sometimes you are missing oncoming traffic.  Even more so if you have to slow down because someone is trying to pass and they are on your side of the highway, right in front of you, and might not make it in time because they have made a mis-misjudgment.  And then there is when you are trying to pass....if you decided not to swerve back to your side of the highway, things would be messy.

You would have to be brain dead not to notice.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
The Wreckage
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 02:07:27 pm »
Speaking of this song... I was watching the Left Eye documentary on VH1 and this song came to mind as they came closer to the final eerie moment..
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
The Wreckage
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 02:18:09 pm »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"
Speaking of this song... I was watching the Left Eye documentary on VH1 and this song came to mind as they came closer to the final eerie moment..

That documentary really opened my eyes to a lot of things. I loved that Lisa showed us how she truly felt about everything and she was finally free.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Wreckage
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 05:25:49 pm »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"
what are the lyrics? and is it just me or does it sound kinda morbid?

Just in case it's too inconvenient for you to look the lyrics up on nessaholics.com's lyrics page, I took the liberty of copying down for you.  :wink:

Speeding into the horizon
Dreaming of the sirens
Wishing for broken glass on a highway
It could be so easy

The rhythm, the rhythm of an engine
Always makes me empty
I see the headlights comming at me
I can't help but wonder

Flying, flying in slow motion
The wind through my hair
And ripping through the scenery
Oh, the wreckage
It is my secret need

Oh, speeding into the horizon
Dreaming of the sirens
Wishing for broken glass on a highway
It could be so easy
That's what she said.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Wreckage
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:52 am »
I know this is a major bump..and pointless..but this is one of my favorite V pieces..love this raw shit!!!  gotta love this...I know V has explained it a couple times...but too me this song is great because it could mean a multiple of things.....

too me it seems that the song is being sung through the eyes of someone who has gotten hit by a car, or witnessed someone getting hit by a car....just my take on it...its a very graphic disturbing visual song...and probably one of the best things vanessa has done.

imo.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
The Wreckage
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 10:03:50 am »
i like it as well, the piano piece is great! I wish i could learn it.