Author Topic: Colbie Caillat  (Read 25731 times)

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 11:47:50 pm »
Quote from: "initially_yours"
I'm probably the only one to think she's one of the most overrated artists this year.  "Bubbly" has been done before, in much better ways (ie. "Who's to Say") and she has a "meh" voice.  

I don't see what the big deal about her is.   I think it's because there hasn't really been anyone (or at least a female) in the Western mainstream that has an acoustic style.

You may not like her and you're entitled to that opinion but Bubbly is unique. I don't hear any similarities between WTS and Bubbly.
It may be true that her looks probably increase her popularity but there are plenty of acoustic style female artists

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 05:37:42 am »
Oh she looks like V to me. A LOT!  8O

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 09:18:23 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
I went to her show in Ventura Monday and had a great time. I got there later than I planned on at 6pm and was like behind 100 people and thought I'd have a terrible view. The line went around the block by 6:30pm so I figured I could be in a worse situation but just before they opened the doors a guy working there told me to come to the front and they're letting me in first along with another girl and so when I got in I saw that I had a pretty good spot with a good view of the stage.
Jason Reeves went on first and was very good so I bought his CD then a guy named Chris Pierce and he blew me away. His set was awesome and I bought his CD too.
While I was waiting for Colbie to do her set, Jason Reeves came over to sign my CD and take a picture with me and then security came over and told me to take the camera to the front and they would hold it until the end of the show and I was so mad because I was not even facing the stage it was away from the stage while there were people taking pictures and video of the first 2 acts and didn't get reprimanded. The people in front let me keep the camera as long as I didn't take pictures anymore.
Colbie was great and sang  every song from the album along with a couple of new songs and she sang Droplets with Jason Reeves.
After the show, I took a picture with Chris Pierce and got his CD signed then I waited around hoping to meet Colbie. While I was waiting, I asked one of the security guys to get a setlist that was still on the stage and he got one. Then a lady that worked at the Theater came over to talk to me so we talked for a bit and I asked her if there was any way I could meet Colbie and she said she didn't think that would be a problem so she went to talk to her people. About 30 minutes later,  she came out so I waited for her to make it over to me. She came over after a bit and I was able to take a picture with her and have her sign my setlist. It was an awesome night and I really like that venue. The people in Ventura seem a lot nicer than people in L.A. everyone was very friendly and helpful except for the guy that wanted to take my camera. I'd definitely go to see another artist I like if they were playing at that venue.

ah jason reeves. <3 i've met him before... he's friends w/ my friend and just wrote about 4 or 5 songs with tyrone wells... who is amazing as well. i've seen jason live once and he's really good. i'm surprised i haven't seen colbie yet.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 04:24:48 pm »
I bought tickets to go see her at the HOB on February 7th.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 05:40:28 pm »
i enjoy her music.

it's greatttt.

sometimes, I don't get the lyrics. but i still like her music.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007, 11:32:50 am »
I don't like this song, but this girl sings it better than Colby (well her voice suits it better I think, even though she has some rough points):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PfptfI53OFI

Colby seems too old to be singing it... it's an immature song.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2007, 01:56:52 pm »
Since when did having crushes have an age limit?

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2007, 02:42:44 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Since when did having crushes have an age limit?

agree.

but that girl is really good.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2007, 04:25:05 pm »
Idk, the song is just too "cute" for me... and I like V's songs a lot bc they are cute. But repeating "it starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose" in the chorus is just too much for me!

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 03:29:31 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Idk, the song is just too "cute" for me... and I like V's songs a lot bc they are cute. But repeating "it starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose" in the chorus is just too much for me!

haha.. i like that part.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 10:05:05 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"

I admit the song can give you cavities but I find it kind of endearing. It starts from a totally different appendage for us guys.  :spank:

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2007, 10:34:33 pm »
I'm not a big fan of Bubbly but i definitely love One Fine Wire.  :D

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 01:32:20 am »
I went to her show at the House of Blues Thursday and it was a great show. The only bad thing about the night was they wouldn't let me sit in front of the stage like I have every show I've gone to there. She did most of the songs from Coco but my favorite of the night was when she sang Turn Your Lights Down Low. It was awesome. I also like her version of Beast of Burden. Her voice really sounds good for those 2 songs. After the show I went up to the meet & greet to get my picture I took with her at the Ventura show. I'm going to hang it up on my wall in my bedroom alongside the ones I have with Vanessa, Joss, and Norah Jones. I just have to get my picture with LeAnn Rimes signed to finish my collection.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 02:10:38 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I just saw online she was doing a gig in Paris tonight in a small venue!!
Of course, it wasn't advertised ANYWHERE!!!  :evil:  :evil:
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2008, 02:53:00 am »
Oh Colbie is coming to Malaysia this March 14th!

I will definitely go!
Now how i wish Vanessa will come here  :(