Author Topic: Colbie Caillat  (Read 25732 times)

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 02:19:22 pm »
God, I was blocked, closed, ignoring american music... but, then.. i heard her and had to leave my hate behind...

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 11:38:57 pm »
I am not a huge fan of Bubbly, but I bought the album on Danny's recommendation and it is pretty good. I definitely like it.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 12:24:27 am »
Yeah, I am not feeling that Bubbly song either. I saw the video when V was on TRL. But she's on right before Brandi on Sunday so I will let you know what I think and try and get some videos to share.  :wink:

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 12:31:11 am »
Quote from: "eclv"
Yeah, I am not feeling that Bubbly song either. I saw the video when V was on TRL. But she's on right before Brandi on Sunday so I will let you know what I think and try and get some videos to share.  :wink:

Sounds good!

Katia was trying to convince me to go to Brandi's show when she was here, but I got caught up in all of my Seattle planning and forgot about it  :oops:.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 12:01:46 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"

you might not see her because she cancelled her show tonight because she's sick and lost her voice

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 12:40:27 pm »
Well I hope she feels better. She has two days. So long as it's not Brandi I am cool.

I saw today she's also doing the Mayer Craft Cruise.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 03:16:42 pm »
yeah that seems like it would be a fun thing but I'm not rich enough to do it

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 06:59:33 pm »

Colbie and I go back, you see.
Joe

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 08:03:44 am »
So I saw her this weekend in Monterey. It was enjoyable, very mellow. The guys in her band are nice to look at and talented so that's always a plus. There were a few teenie boppers there and a lot of teenage boys.

I got 3 videos for you but between the Brandi & AFF shows in Denver on Saturday and Brandi again on Sunday, it might take a minute. But here's Realize. This one can get stuck in your head.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 04:14:12 pm »
Realize is one of my favorite

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 04:35:55 pm »
Thanks for posting that, Let.

Off topic, but I look forward to seeing you in Seattle!  :)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 08:40:19 am »
Yeah, it's going to be awesome!

Sorry, still haven't gotten to the other two videos. I have 9 shows to go through. Hopefully this weekend. One of the songs she said was new, totally don't remember what it's called.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 08:50:17 pm »
I went to her show in Ventura Monday and had a great time. I got there later than I planned on at 6pm and was like behind 100 people and thought I'd have a terrible view. The line went around the block by 6:30pm so I figured I could be in a worse situation but just before they opened the doors a guy working there told me to come to the front and they're letting me in first along with another girl and so when I got in I saw that I had a pretty good spot with a good view of the stage.
Jason Reeves went on first and was very good so I bought his CD then a guy named Chris Pierce and he blew me away. His set was awesome and I bought his CD too.
While I was waiting for Colbie to do her set, Jason Reeves came over to sign my CD and take a picture with me and then security came over and told me to take the camera to the front and they would hold it until the end of the show and I was so mad because I was not even facing the stage it was away from the stage while there were people taking pictures and video of the first 2 acts and didn't get reprimanded. The people in front let me keep the camera as long as I didn't take pictures anymore.
Colbie was great and sang  every song from the album along with a couple of new songs and she sang Droplets with Jason Reeves.
After the show, I took a picture with Chris Pierce and got his CD signed then I waited around hoping to meet Colbie. While I was waiting, I asked one of the security guys to get a setlist that was still on the stage and he got one. Then a lady that worked at the Theater came over to talk to me so we talked for a bit and I asked her if there was any way I could meet Colbie and she said she didn't think that would be a problem so she went to talk to her people. About 30 minutes later,  she came out so I waited for her to make it over to me. She came over after a bit and I was able to take a picture with her and have her sign my setlist. It was an awesome night and I really like that venue. The people in Ventura seem a lot nicer than people in L.A. everyone was very friendly and helpful except for the guy that wanted to take my camera. I'd definitely go to see another artist I like if they were playing at that venue.

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 01:04:48 am »
I'm probably the only one to think she's one of the most overrated artists this year.  "Bubbly" has been done before, in much better ways (ie. "Who's to Say") and she has a "meh" voice.  

I don't see what the big deal about her is.   I think it's because there hasn't really been anyone (or at least a female) in the Western mainstream that has an acoustic style.
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Colbie Caillat
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 11:25:45 am »
I want to see Colbie live ....I hope she comes around here.
I also want to go to seattle..... :cry:
damn thing called money.......

Danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!