Author Topic: "This Is More Than A Fairytale"  (Read 20516 times)

reveng_desire

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
"This Is More Than A Fairytale"
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:31 am »
Quote from: "jen_spen"

Personally though i kinda hope it fails coz i really really really want PYOHM to be the first single!!! YAY!!!!!

Die now.

kiiiidding.

Don't say that. Besides, you never know. Hands On Me might come out as the second single.
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 12:32:36 pm »
I am so hoping that Nolita Fairytale will do well enough to let Heroes and Thieves have a second single.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
NF
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 01:36:28 pm »
Why is everyone so hard on NF? You guys are suppose to be fans and your just dissing V? I like the song, it's good. So stick that in your pipe and Fuck off.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: NF
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 01:57:19 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
Why is everyone so hard on NF? You guys are suppose to be fans and your just dissing V? I like the song, it's good. So stick that in your pipe and Fuck off.

Hold on. Personally I like NF, but just because people haven't taken to it for multiple reasons doesn't make them less of a fan. They're not 'dissing' V, they're criticizing NF. Maybe if you're too immature to handle that then maybe you're the one who needs to fuck off.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 03:15:31 pm »

I am a fan of Vanessa but this song sucks. And even my pipe wouldn't make the song any better.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 03:24:38 pm »
I like the song and I hope it does well. I do think some of the lyrics are odd but I sing along anyway. I can't wait for the album to come out and I am gonna request this song to radio stations like my life depends on it because I want Heroes and Thieves to be successful. I think if someone is on this forum then they have every right to tell us their opinion of this song. But even if you don't like this song you shouldn't write off H&T yet because I know there will be some kickass songs on it!  8)
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 03:34:05 pm »

Personally though i kinda hope it fails coz i really really really want PYOHM to be the first single!!! YAY!!!!!

Even if it fails and Hands on Me is released as a single it would be the second single.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 03:45:55 pm »

just because you're a fan of someone doesn't mean you're obligated to like everything that they put out though....

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 04:01:17 pm »

pathetic people like you crack me up. just because we have our own opinions that differ from yours and vanessa's, doesn't mean we're not fans or we're dissing vanessa. i don't understand why you people don't get that. it's ridiculous.
Samuel
(he/him)

reveng_desire

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 09:58:55 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"

I am a fan of Vanessa but this song sucks. And even my pipe wouldn't make the song any better.

I love your whole "because I said so...BITCH" attitude.

EDIT: I think we should all chill out...or else I'm gonna grab a piano and whack someone over the head with it XD.
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 12:42:36 am »
Quote from: "jsbachsonata"
noo.. the evaluation of the level of writing in this article has nothing do with Megan's opinion of the song... the article is indeed written quite poorly (i'm guessing a high schooler wrote it?)

Thankyou.

white_houses Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

liquidblue244 wrote:

just because you're a fan of someone doesn't mean you're obligated to like everything that they put out though....

Exactly what I was going to say... but you beat me to it.  :)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 12:49:46 am »
isn't that what a forum is... somwehere to post oppinions. and comunicate with other people?

I will admit.. I did not like the song at all in the begining.. it is definatly not my favorite, but I like it more than unsung.... it has grown on me a lot. I like it live... I am not going to adore everything vanessa though.. I dont think there is anyone that you love everything about them..
the song is meh... i mean it is like putting unsun on the radio or something like that.... putting prince on the radio... it just does not seem like a radio song.. but people seemed to kind be lukewarm at the premere tonight... idk
Peace
-S

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 12:30:40 pm »
Unsung is an awesome song and should have been a single! ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 03:03:28 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Unsung is an awesome song and should have been a single! ;)

I agree  :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

jen_spen

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - c_me_dnc@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 11:34:05 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
i think it's classic V with a twist....as a songwriter i know that your style changes with age and i like it when artists grow because their fans grow with them you wouldn't want her music to be exactly the same all the time that would be crap.

growth is great.. i'm all for it. but i feel like she's taken a step backwards with nolita fairytale. i mean, from who's to say, private radio, winter(!), c'est la vie.. to "got my toes on my pup at the foot of my bed"? i mean, really...

yeah i know what you mean but it definetly seems to be the popular style of writing at the moment with experienced recording artists.  Read any lyrics out there by a female singer/songwriter and it's becoming quite the trend!

i still love the song i think it has a really original hook going on.
http://myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
And now that I have held you in my own arms
I can not let go till you are