Author Topic: V's Site is (Kinda) Back Up!! =]  (Read 14062 times)

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
V's Site is (Kinda) Back Up!! =]
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 09:14:17 am »
Quote from: "white_houses"
The Inc have got Vanessa on their homepage now! :D

http://www.theincrecords.com/

Hey....do you guys think maybe they are going to try and sell more copies of Harmonium with the release of this album?? I just find it weird how they are still promoting it...

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 09:30:15 am »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"

Hey....do you guys think maybe they are going to try and sell more copies of Harmonium with the release of this album?? I just find it weird how they are still promoting it...

I'm assuming The Inc records bought the rights and ownership to Harmonium from Interscope, otherwise promoting a record which wouldn't benefit the label would make no sense.

And yeah, if an artists album does well enough it will usually bring in sales of previously released albums that listeners haven't purchased or heard yet. Nelly Furtado's "Loose" album did so well that it brought in sales of her album "Folklore' which was considered a commercial failure.

It's really interesting as to how Nelly Furtado and Vanessa mirror one another in terms of carreer paths. Both of them had two amazingly well received debut records each with a massive hit single, both faced a sophomore slump... and then Nelly found Timbaland, and Vanessa found Irv.

I really hope Vanessa finds the same fortune that Nelly has.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 09:55:45 am »
yeah but i hope vanessa's music doesn't mirror nelly's and turn to crap.
Samuel
(he/him)

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 10:23:48 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"

I hope that too !

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 02:47:14 pm »

the bio looks new..
or at least the 2nd half of it for sure.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 02:50:33 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"

the bio looks new..
or at least the 2nd half of it for sure.

Ya it does but im having trouble scrolling thourgh it...lol :S when i try and scroll down it goes down like 2 paragraphs...lol

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 04:09:01 pm »
agree with the whole nelly thing its so weird is'nt it?!?!?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 09:06:59 pm »
Quote from: "Imaginary Ocean"

I hope that too !

I think Nelly's new stuff is pretty awesome. I must admit I'm getting pretty tired of Timbaland though, he has his fingers in everything these days. I just feel like screaming, "GO AWAY FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES TIMBALAND." Haha.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 12:26:05 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Quote from: "Imaginary Ocean"

I hope that too !

I think Nelly's new stuff is pretty awesome. I must admit I'm getting pretty tired of Timbaland though, he has his fingers in everything these days. I just feel like screaming, "GO AWAY FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES TIMBALAND." Haha.

ya he is in everything lately....i actually prefer nelly's new stuff over her old stuff... :)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 08:03:14 pm »

I'm assuming The Inc records bought the rights and ownership to Harmonium from Interscope, otherwise promoting a record which wouldn't benefit the label would make no sense.

And yeah, if an artists album does well enough it will usually bring in sales of previously released albums that listeners haven't purchased or heard yet. Nelly Furtado's "Loose" album did so well that it brought in sales of her album "Folklore' which was considered a commercial failure.

If they bought the album from Interscope, it's some kind of music history.
The only other thing I can think of is that Wilco album from a few years ago.  They got dropped by Reprise(a Warner Bros. label), but took the album to Nonesuch(a Warner Bros. label).

So WB essentially paid for it twice.

But....Harmonium was released already, had a go at the charts already on a different label.....even if they do fall under pretty much the same banner(Universal Music Group).

That would really mean that Irv is really walking the walk, keeping that album in print.  It really does have a cult following from the people I've spoken to over the years.

Dan/NS

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 05:40:21 am »
ya he is in everything lately....i actually prefer nelly's new stuff over her old stuff... :)

Oh, tell me about it. He produced Bjork's single, "Earth Intruders" and it's good, but he's everywhere!

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 09:28:20 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"

The only other thing I can think of is that Wilco album from a few years ago.  They got dropped by Reprise(a Warner Bros. label), but took the album to Nonesuch(a Warner Bros. label).

But....Harmonium was released already, had a go at the charts already on a different label.....even if they do fall under pretty much the same banner(Universal Music Group).

That would really mean that Irv is really walking the walk, keeping that album in print.  It really does have a cult following from the people I've spoken to over the years.

Dan/NS

If Heroes and Thieves is a huge hit I wouldn't put it past them to re-issue the CD on their own label. It's difficult to find Harmonium in record stores other than in the used section. I always get annoyed everytime I see Harmonium in the used section. Haha.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 09:32:29 am »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"

Oh, tell me about it. He produced Bjork's single, "Earth Intruders" and it's good, but he's everywhere!

Yeah, he's working with Madonna on her new album now too. I like Timbaland and all, but when he produces music for other artists he doesn't really write music with the artist in mind, he forces them to bend to his own style of production and writing. The stuff he's done with Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado has been good, but it all sounds very similar and in the same vain.

I hope his work with Madonna doesn't end up that way.

reveng_desire

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 09:33:09 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"

Dan/NS

If Heroes and Thieves is a huge hit I wouldn't put it past them to re-issue the CD on their own label. It's difficult to find Harmonium in record stores other than in the used section. I always get annoyed everytime I see Harmonium in the used section. Haha.

I got Emma Bunton's "Free Me" at a Virgin. It was an import on clearance for SEVEN freakin' dollars. So, my black heart and I are wishing the Japanese Import of Harmonium is on clearance next time we go so we can get it cheap.

Sorry, Vanessa hahaha.
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 10:04:21 am »
I don't blame you, Japanese CDs are rediculously expensive. I import CDs from Japan all the time and the costs can get pretty out of control because CDs are considered to be a luxury item in Japan.

If you think video games are expensive here, hahaha. Some games are priced 80+ dollars there because they price everything according to the production costs of the item. There's no fixed rates on certain products in Japan like there is here, it sucks. lol