Author Topic: Interesting Article  (Read 6241 times)

UltimateVC

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:57:18 pm »
Scroll down to the matrix part
http://www.mtv.com/bands/p/projects_time_forgot/news_feature_013105/
Project: Debut album
Status: The debut album from super-producer trio the Matrix (Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera) was slated for release in late 2004 but was quietly shelved, perhaps forever. "They finished it, did a video and it was amazing, but we decided not to go forward," said manager Sandy Roberton of the untitled album, for which the trio recruited a male and a female singer. "We realized that, because of all the activity they had as producers, trying to turn them into artists and touring and all that would be a nightmare." Singer Katy Perry has signed a solo deal with Columbia Records and is expected to use some of the songs on her upcoming debut; male singer Adam Longlands is signed to the Matrix's publishing company, but does not currently have an album slated for release. Meanwhile, the Matrix are working with Vanessa Carlton, Shakira, Ricky Martin and Barefoot, the first act signed to JT Records, the label recently formed by Jessica/ Ashlee manager/dad Joe Simpson.

Thats interesting, so the matrix is christina aguilera and avril lavigne, i thought she cowrought the songs with the film people from the Matrix.
And now you look at me
And see what I've known for so long
It's sad that you can be
So lovely, yet so wrong

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Interesting Article
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:00:06 pm »
thanks,
I actually was kinda clueless on that, too...

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 04:08:01 pm »
Per Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix_(music_producer)

The Matrix is a music production team. Its members are Scott Spock, Lauren Christy and Graham Edwards.

I think what the article meant was that Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne worked on the debut album for The Matrix.  Instead, it says that The Matrix is those two.

EDIT: Reversed what I said.  Also, my link is not displaying properly.

jen_spen

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - c_me_dnc@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
    • Email
Interesting Article
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 04:10:17 pm »
no the matrix have WORKED with avril lavigne and christina aguilera.
http://myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
And now that I have held you in my own arms
I can not let go till you are

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 04:35:02 pm »
I want to hear this unreleased album dammit, The Matrix are awesome producers and song writers.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Interesting Article
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 04:37:45 pm »
Quote from: "jen_spen"

Yes, they are a songwriting team and they have written hits for/with Christina and Avril. Neither of them are in The Matrix. Articles about people in the music industry are often written this way, eg. an article about a producer, such as Bob Rock might say: "Bob Rock (Metallica, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith). I can see how the article could be misunderstood, though.  :) Thanks for posting!

Anyway, I'm surprised they are working with Vanessa and Shakira... neither of them need it. Both are capable of writing good songs either alone and/or with a co-writer; so I don't know why they'd bring in a team. I guess maybe they want some fresh input from people who have had a lot of success...?
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 04:41:30 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Quote from: "jen_spen"

Yes, they are a songwriting team and they have written hits for/with Christina and Avril. Neither of them are in The Matrix. Articles about people in the music industry are often written this way, eg. an article about a producer, such as Bob Rock might say: "Bob Rock (Metallica, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith). I can see how the article could be misunderstood, though.  :) Thanks for posting!

Anyway, I'm surprised they are working with Vanessa and Shakira... neither of them need it. Both are capable of writing good songs either alone and/or with a co-writer; so I don't know why they'd bring in a team. I guess maybe they want some fresh input from people who have had a lot of success...?

Well, I actually don't understand why people would mistake Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne as the Matrix when the article says, "super-producer TRIO". And Christina and Avril would be a duo if they were actually producers, which would be the joke of the century. Haha.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 05:44:08 pm »
Haha, it would be funny to see Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne working together.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 05:48:17 pm »
Gah didn't Christina write one of Avril's songs? Or was it the other way around. I can't remember the song.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 05:55:34 pm »
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
Gah didn't Christina write one of Avril's songs? Or was it the other way around. I can't remember the song.

Avril had "co-written" the song "Breakaway" which was then shopped around to different artists and Kelly Clarkson bit onto it and used it for her last album.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 05:58:06 pm »
Ah yes that was it. Thanks!

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Interesting Article
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:22 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

Avril had "co-written" the song "Breakaway" which was then shopped around to different artists and Kelly Clarkson bit onto it and used it for her last album.

Yeah, and weren't there like 6 co-writers for that song?   :lol:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 08:47:40 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

Yeah, that's why I put co-written in apostrophes. lol

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
Interesting Article
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 02:57:17 pm »

First of all, the Matrix is made up of three people:  Scott Spock, Lauren Christy, and Graham Edwards.  Scott Spock is a well-known producer while Christy and Edwards are married.  They've worked with a lot of artists, and although they do write catchy songs, I don't think their music cuts very deeply.

Second, the song "Breakaway" was co-written with Avril Lavigne and two other songwriters; Matthew Gerrard and Bridget Benenate.  I don't know where or how you guys thought it was 6 people that had written it, but that's not right.  Not sure you guys get your sources from.  

If you think 6 songwriters is a lot, Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" was written by 10.  

It's not really that hard to look for this kind of information.
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Interesting Article
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 08:28:10 pm »
Quote from: "initially_yours"

First of all, the Matrix is made up of three people:  Scott Spock, Lauren Christy, and Graham Edwards.  Scott Spock is a well-known producer while Christy and Edwards are married.  They've worked with a lot of artists, and although they do write catchy songs, I don't think their music cuts very deeply.

Second, the song "Breakaway" was co-written with Avril Lavigne and two other songwriters; Matthew Gerrard and Bridget Benenate.  I don't know where or how you guys thought it was 6 people that had written it, but that's not right.  Not sure you guys get your sources from.  

If you think 6 songwriters is a lot, Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" was written by 10.  

It's not really that hard to look for this kind of information.

It's called sarcasm you moron. Instead of making yourself sound intelligent and well informed you just sound like an idiot mouthing off. Way to go. :roll: