Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  (Read 20290 times)

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 01:26:48 pm »
hehe I finished yesterday night at 11:59, precisely (according to my clock). I am happy with the ending, happy endings are... happy!
Although, I was not as shocked for the "2 main characters" who were supposed to "die"...

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 12:15:19 am »
WELL!! I am done the book....i got it on saturday morning....i have to say i was VERY happy with it....

WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW!!

I was disappointed but also somewhat happy that Harry Ron and Hermionie all survived...i was expecting 2 MAIN characters to die...but i guess that considered fred and lupin to be main characters...
I was quite sad when Harry viewed Snape's memories in the pensieve and to find out he had been helping them the whole time... I was also very sad that tonks and lupin died since they had just had their baby :(
I didnt rally care about Mad-eye dying....and i was kinda sad about dobby dieing.
I found it very entertaining when Mrs.Weasley killed Bellatrix.

I was actually pretty happy with the epilogue...
I was soo glad to see that ron and hermione had gotten married as well as harry and ginny. I liked how harry's kids were named after his parents and albus...i also liked how Albus's middle name was severus. I thought it was very touching when Harry said that Snape was probably the bravest wizard he ever met.
I wonder who ron's kids were named after////were they even named after anyone?

What are everyone elses thoughts..??

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 02:53:56 am »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
WELL!! I am done the book....i got it on saturday morning....i have to say i was VERY happy with it....

I was disappointed but also somewhat happy that Harry Ron and Hermionie all survived...i was expecting 2 MAIN characters to die...but i guess that considered fred and lupin to be main characters...
I was quite sad when Harry viewed Snape's memories in the pensieve and to find out he had been helping them the whole time... I was also very sad that tonks and lupin died since they had just had their baby :(
I didnt rally care about Mad-eye dying....and i was kinda sad about dobby dieing.

I was soo glad to see that ron and hermione had gotten married as well as harry and ginny. I liked how harry's kids were named after his parents and albus...i also liked how Albus's middle name was severus. I thought it was very touching when Harry said that Snape was probably the bravest wizard he ever met.
I wonder who ron's kids were named after////were they even named after anyone?

What are everyone elses thoughts..??

i'm gutted that lupin and tonks died  :(  i havent read all the book yet...i was just told. and fred actually! why kill him off? he's a right legend!

I just grinned when i read that hermione and ron got together...hehe. It was wanted by all.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 04:47:07 am »

1. It would hav been very tragic for Hermione and Ron to die, I wanted that to happen to tell you the truth. But I guess we have to settle for Fred and Lupin, and it's very sad that Lupin and Tonks died and Ted was just born... really sad.

2. Ha! I knew it! Snape wasn't a bad guy! I'm actually not surprised at all that Snape was in love with Lily and have been trying to protect Harry the entire time. I kinda figured that out when Harry viewed Snape's memory in The Order of the Phoenix. What a great way for Rowling to close the Snape fiasco altogether.

3. Yeah... Mrs. Weasley was really pissed haha. "Not my daughter, you b***!!!" lol

Rowling really tied everything in the end, so clean cut but there's still some mystery behind it which is very good. I can't believe that Harry Potter is done, I guess we just have to wait for the movies!  :)

angelheart56

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - angelheart567865@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vcangelsb922
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - angelheart567865
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/angelheart56
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 02:24:56 pm »
I loved it....but I was left with one question... Who was the person who did magic late in life? I must have missed that somewhere...

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 02:54:30 pm »
Quote from: "angelheart56"
I loved it....but I was left with one question... Who was the person who did magic late in life? I must have missed that somewhere...

Hey Krystina....where was that mentioned?? i cant remember...

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 02:56:11 pm »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"

1. It would hav been very tragic for Hermione and Ron to die, I wanted that to happen to tell you the truth. But I guess we have to settle for Fred and Lupin, and it's very sad that Lupin and Tonks died and Ted was just born... really sad.

2. Ha! I knew it! Snape wasn't a bad guy! I'm actually not surprised at all that Snape was in love with Lily and have been trying to protect Harry the entire time. I kinda figured that out when Harry viewed Snape's memory in The Order of the Phoenix. What a great way for Rowling to close the Snape fiasco altogether.

3. Yeah... Mrs. Weasley was really pissed haha. "Not my daughter, you b***!!!" lol

Rowling really tied everything in the end, so clean cut but there's still some mystery behind it which is very good. I can't believe that Harry Potter is done, I guess we just have to wait for the movies!  :)

I agreet that she tied up everything very well.. EXCEPT for not telling us what rons, harrys , ginnys and hermiones careers are....i wan interested in finding that out... i was also hoping to hear something about Luna in the epilogue....just cuz we heard something about neville...which leaves Luna....and since she's one of the main 6 i thought she'd mention her....

Hahahaha ya i was pretty surprised when mrs. weasley said YOU BI***.lol

i was also surprised to find out that snape was in love with Lily...i found it quite sad how he took the last page of that letter cuz her name was on it :(

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 04:07:25 pm »
WARNING.. THERE MAY BE SOME SPOILERS

My book arrived at 12:15pm Saturday and I finished reading a little after 4pm Sunday. Wow.. that was awesome! I started crying when Dobby died... The whole locket thing reminded me of "my precious"..very cool... I like how JKR followed the main characters almost the whole time, instead of jumping into what was going on at Hogwarts and then jumping back to the Quest... It read so cleanly and smoothly. I feel like I absorbed more from, this single reading than the other readings of the other books. . And the way things tied up with Snape was quite nice.

Wow, this book was so exhilarating and satisfying. Thank you JK Rowling! Thank you!
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 02:46:35 am »
Im still saddened about who died. Its so damn depressing....excellent book, but sad.

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 08:46:03 am »
Well I've heard about the person learning magic late in life on the HP forums a while ago...but I did find this to back it up

Barnes and Noble interview, Accio Quote
http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/...sandnoble.html

"Will there be, or have there been, any "late blooming" students in the school who come into their magic potential as adults, rather than as children? By the way, I loved meeting you, and hearing you speak, when you came to Anderson's in Naperville. I can hardly wait until you tour again."

JKR
"Ahhh! I loved the event at Anderson's. It was one of my favorites. That is completely true. No, is the answer. In my books, magic almost always shows itself in a person before age 11; however, there is a character who does manage in desperate circumstances to do magic quite late in life, but that is very rare in the world I am writing about. "

Anyway, on those sites, they had posted questions to think about while reading the final books (including what Dudley saw when near dementors and what Lily and James' profession was, which werent answered, but you cant have everything) but it was a big discussion we were having while in line for the book...and I def. must have missed it

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:55 am »
I was reading about that on the LeakyCauldron forums and nobody else was able to find that character, either. You're not alone.
Joe

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 01:34:28 pm »
Ohhh i seee Krys.....hmmm ya i cant think of who that it either....

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 01:55:58 pm »
I've heard rumors (before the release) that Dudley was gonna show some magic late in life. But obviously it wasn't mentioned so we can only speculate.

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 02:23:45 pm »
Did anyone else get really sentimental over Dobby's death.... I think I only cried more at Sirius' death in Order of the Phoenix. It was so well written imo.

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 04:15:29 pm »
I totally cried when Dobby died.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home