Author Topic: 7/14/2007: Mellon Auditorium - Washington D.C.  (Read 10938 times)

I gotta wear shades

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
7/14/2007: Mellon Auditorium - Washington D.C.
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:26:44 am »
WNBA Welcome Party & Concert presented by AOL
The WNBA Welcome Party will feature a special performance by singer Vanessa Carlton.
** Media interested in attending must RSVP to the WNBA Communications Department.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 in Washington, DC

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 06:45:59 am »
GO VANESSA!

I gotta wear shades

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:30:57 pm »
http://www.teenmusic.com/d.asp?r=153721&c=1020&p=2

Multi-talented artist Vanessa Carlton will entertain guests Saturday evening July 14, during the highly anticipated WNBA welcome Party & Concert presented by AOL. Carlton, who burst on top of the music scene in 2002 with her smash single, "A Thousand Miles," is scheduled to perform her latest single "Nolita Fairytale" from her third studio album, Heroes and Thieves live for the first time along with a selection of songs from this album in addition to hits from her critically acclaimed former albums, which include "Ordinary Day" and "White Houses." Heroes and Thieves will hit stores October 9.

AOL Music (music.aol.com) will premiere select highlights from Mya's halftime and Vanessa Carlton's Welcome Party performance, as well as U.S. Petty Officer Casey J. Elliott's anthem rendition beginning on July 16, and remaining on the site until October 31. These performances will be free and available for on-demand viewing. In addition, the content will be available on WNBA.com beginning on the same date.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:35:09 pm »
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"

Multi-talented artist Vanessa Carlton will entertain guests Saturday evening July 14, during the highly anticipated WNBA welcome Party & Concert presented by AOL. Carlton, who burst on top of the music scene in 2002 with her smash single, "A Thousand Miles," is scheduled to perform her latest single "Nolita Fairytale" from her third studio album, Heroes and Thieves live for the first time along with a selection of songs from this album in addition to hits from her critically acclaimed former albums, which include "Ordinary Day" and "White Houses." Heroes and Thieves will hit stores October 9.

AOL Music (music.aol.com) will premiere select highlights from Mya's halftime and Vanessa Carlton's Welcome Party performance, as well as U.S. Petty Officer Casey J. Elliott's anthem rendition beginning on July 16, and remaining on the site until October 31. These performances will be free and available for on-demand viewing. In addition, the content will be available on WNBA.com beginning on the same date.

Awesome...i cant wait to see :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 02:00:18 am »
I hope she performs with a band!

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:12:31 am »
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"

she has preformed this live like 6 times now....
Peace
-S

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 07:32:59 am »
^ 6 times? What are you getting at? I've definitely not heard the 6 recordings... (I've only heard studio version and VTV version) and I don't think anyone else here has either, so they are probably excited.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 08:21:24 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
^ 6 times? What are you getting at? I've definitely not heard the 6 recordings... (I've only heard studio version and VTV version) and I don't think anyone else here has either, so they are probably excited.

Live she played it at each show i was just saying that it is not the first time that she has played it live.... like the article says... I sent out recordings of NLF from both the shows i went to, and I know someone else loaded another from the same show in Scranton
Peace
-S

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 10:06:43 am »
lol ya that definately wont be the premiere...she played at like her last 4 or 5 shows...lol

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
WIN FREE TICKETS TO VANESSA’S SPECIAL WNBA PERFORMANCE
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:55:53 am »
Vanessa latest blog entry:::

WIN FREE TICKETS TO VANESSA'S SPECIAL WNBA PARTY PERFORMANCE AND WNBA ALL-STAR GAME THIS WEEKEND

Hang with the stars at the WNBA WELCOME PARTY and Concert Presented by AOL  with a special performance by Vanessa Carlton as she premiere's her new single Nolita Fairytale and performs songs from her new album Heroes and Thieves in stores this October.

We are giving 5 pairs of passes to Saturday's Welcome Party and tickets to Sunday's WNBA ALLSTAR GAME which is being held at the Verizon Center in Washington DC, for the first 5 people that send a myspace message and can make it to the events this weekend. You must be 21+ to be eligible and be able to provide proof of age.

All you have to do is send a myspace message (not a blog comment)  to Vanessa saying that you want to go to the party and game and make sure you reply with your phone number and contact info so we can reach you. We will only be providing tickets and you will be responsible for your own transportation.

SATURDAY, 7/14

Private WNBA Welcome Party and Concert presented by AOL Come Meet the WNBA All Stars, Hear a private concert by Vanessa Carlton, and Dance til you drop with DJ Clark Kent  Mellon Center, Wash. DC  7:00 PM Doors Open 8:30p performance time

SUNDAY, 7/15

WNBA ALLSTAR GAME At Verizon Center

See the All Stars

Time: 3:30p

Washington DC

CMON PEOPLE!!!! GO GO GO !
lol

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 11:13:08 am »
they're probably already all gone by now.

but it's worth a try.

too bad I'm not 21 yet...

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 01:24:54 pm »
I'm not 21+ and I don't live in the area. So whatever! Whoever wins have fun...

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 02:02:55 pm »
man, i'm so pissed. i wish any of my friends would have seen it and called me. i've been at work since 10. i would have loved to go. in fact, i already emailed the wnba people a few days ago asking about how to get in, but got no response. this sucks.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 02:25:03 pm »
Cool stuff. I look forward to watching the clips online. I'll be seeing VC in concert next week, so I didn't even try for this. I hope some Nessaholics win.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 05:32:14 pm »
Hey,

Who is available and is interested in going this weekend?  You do have to be over 21 to go as the after party will be serving alcohol.

Did everyone available and willing to go send a myspace message?

If you are a) 21+ and b) available/willing to go would you mind responding to this thread?

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton