Author Topic: I wrote a book.  (Read 3122 times)

cwfultz

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ismellswisscheez
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cwfultz
I wrote a book.
« on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:48 pm »
So... I wrote a book a few years back, and I just published it through a Print On Demand company. I thought I'd get the word out. Click here to check it out. I wrote it when I was 14 and 15. If it doesn't spark an interest, browse around the site. There's a lot of independent authors who sell stuff through that site that would love for you to check out their stuff.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
I wrote a book.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 07:40:09 am »
Cool! I read the first two pages and it seems pretty good. I've never been into mystery novels, but I know a lot of people are and hopefully you get some buyers =D It seems like it might have a bit of a paranormal twist- or I got that vibe from the swaying swing, anyway. $25 is kind of expensive though!

Do you still write? Somehow when I was 15-17 I wrote all the time, too. I wrote a novel and another incomplete one. They definitely weren't very good, but at the time I thought they were! I remember I'd stay up at night writing page after page, hoping my books would turn out as beloved as S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders. I loved it. To me it was better than watching TV or going out to parties. But now that I'm a better writer I can't seem to find the patience or initiative to do it anymore. But online publishing is a cool idea, thanks for sharing!

cwfultz

• View Profile
I wrote a book.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 01:23:45 pm »
I know! It's $23.00 now. I changed the format. The book costs like... $21 to print and the company takes 25% for printing it so I only get about a dollar for each copy I sell. I suppose that's what happens when you do it independently. I'm hoping that will change someday, but all I want right now is for people to read it. The only thing I would need money for would be to pay for my college, but I've got a pretty firm grasp on that.

Yes, I do still write! I started writing my second novel about a month ago, and I'm so excited about it. "The Outsiders" is such a great story. Right now, I'm really into the writing of Koji Suzuki, who wrote the books that the movie "The Ring" is based on, and also Chuck Palahniuk, who wrote "Fight Club".

givemer0mance

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - givemer0mance
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/letsgetdowntodisco
I wrote a book.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 02:44:37 pm »
wow! that's great. i agree, i do think it does have something to do with that age. atleast in the early teen years, because i did it, too.
do you know what stores it's being sold in, or is it just available online? because id love to buy it. it sounds really good. =] so good job.

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
I wrote a book.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:22:55 pm »
Just wondering if you have any advice for first time writers?
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

cwfultz

• View Profile
I wrote a book.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 07:41:11 pm »
It's only for sale online. I'm going to try to get some local bookstores to sell it, but I don't know how that will go.

I don't really have any advice. I just think that if you have a story to tell, you should tell it. Tell it the way you want to. Not how you'd think others would like it. It's yours so... keep it that way.