Author Topic: Vanessa's label mates on The Inc.  (Read 2328 times)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Vanessa's label mates on The Inc.
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:16:49 am »
Sooo, being a new member of the record label we can all assume that Vanessa's interacted and has been around her fellow label mates at some point or another.

And Ja Rule was arrested just last night for speeding and was found to be carrying a .40-calibur gun with him.

So, lol. Vanessa's hanging around a bunch of gun carrying thugs it seems. I can't help but feel this reflects badly on the Inc especially with the incident that happened recently involving another rapper, Remy Ma, who was arrested for attempted murder. You'd think other rappers would lay low for awhile and not perpetuate any more stereotypical negativity concerning their community.

What does Ja Rule, a rich music artist, need a stupid a gun for.

So I just can't help but doubt Vanessa's decision by embracing this new "family" of hers. I dunno. Irv is awesome and all, but with his past history and now this stupid shit involving a label member, c'mon, what the hell.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Thug Life
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:04:48 pm »
Let V do what she wants to do.
People come from all walks of life, I'm all for her being with this new family. I think it is great for her career and gives her exposure.
Good publicity, bad publicity, it's all publicity.
It's like "Hey, I'm the cute piano player...and I roll with clipped thugs!"
It's sooooo contrasting. It makes her new album even more and more intriguing.......
Maybe V is a thugster on the inside? lol
I'm glad she's hanging out with new people. And even more that the are embracing her

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:14:02 pm »
If they are behind her and help her get her career back, who cares what Ja Rule does with his life? :?

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
True
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:20:12 pm »
True dat! We all fuck up at one point.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

HITMAN

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa's label mates on The Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Sooo, being a new member of the record label we can all assume that Vanessa's interacted and has been around her fellow label mates at some point or another.

And Ja Rule was arrested just last night for speeding and was found to be carrying a .40-calibur gun with him.

So, lol. Vanessa's hanging around a bunch of gun carrying thugs it seems. I can't help but feel this reflects badly on the Inc especially with the incident that happened recently involving another rapper, Remy Ma, who was arrested for attempted murder. You'd think other rappers would lay low for awhile and not perpetuate any more stereotypical negativity concerning their community.

What does Ja Rule, a rich music artist, need a stupid a gun for.

So I just can't help but doubt Vanessa's decision by embracing this new "family" of hers. I dunno. Irv is awesome and all, but with his past history and now this stupid shit involving a label member, c'mon, what the hell.

Well you'd have to understand the environment Ja comes from. Ja carries a gun because there are crazy people out there. Especially in the hip hop world where you have ignorant fans that just might take that fake death certificate in 50 cent's album booklet seriously. You have to understand, a rapper like Rule, isn't one of these fabricated people that we see on tv. He actually goes into the neighborhoods where hes from, no green screen. Out there, it's better to be safe than sorry.
THE SECOND COMING - MAKE OR BREAK TIME

LimeTwister

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 05:58:14 pm »
Whomever you are, HITMAN, you bring some reasonable answers to the board, and I welcome you.

Also, I don't think people who are on a label, especially a label whose primary artists come from hard livelihoods, reflect the label nor the other artists on that label.  Vanessa will be fine, and I think she can get a broader audience just from being on the new label.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Vanessa's label mates on The Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 06:19:13 pm »
Quote from: "HITMAN"
Well you'd have to understand the environment Ja comes from. Ja carries a gun because there are crazy people out there. Especially in the hip hop world where you have ignorant fans that just might take that fake death certificate in 50 cent's album booklet seriously. You have to understand, a rapper like Rule, isn't one of these fabricated people that we see on tv. He actually goes into the neighborhoods where hes from, no green screen. Out there, it's better to be safe than sorry.

I was just going to write something along the lines of that. Thanks.