Author Topic: 8/9/2007: Bar Louie - Newport, KY  (Read 6419 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
8/9/2007: Bar Louie - Newport, KY
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:01:57 pm »
OK, so I'm a member of Cincinnati's Q102 Rewards and I just NOW found out about a special offer for Rewards Members for a private mini-concert, lunch, and meet-and-greet with V in Newport this Thursday. I am convinced that I am going to be there. There's one ticket available for 300,000 points (I have about 280,000 :( , and there's an auction, which is currently at 220,000. I just registered with the auction and am waiting for the e-mail telling me I've been outbid. I'm so damn worried that I'm not going to get a ticket. This would be the best day of my life if I got the chance to go...

Anyway, if I get to go, I'll post pics and review here. Here's to hoping I'll get lucky. :)
Joe

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:39:18 pm »
agh cool hopefully you win!!!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:09:33 pm »
Oh that would be amazing!! i hope you win :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Re: 8/9/07 - Newport, KY Q102 Special Private Concert
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:46:46 am »
Quote from: "Jophess"
OK, so I'm a member of Cincinnati's Q102 Rewards and I just NOW found out about a special offer for Rewards Members for a private mini-concert, lunch, and meet-and-greet with V in Newport this Thursday. I am convinced that I am going to be there. There's one ticket available for 300,000 points (I have about 280,000 :( , and there's an auction, which is currently at 220,000. I just registered with the auction and am waiting for the e-mail telling me I've been outbid. I'm so damn worried that I'm not going to get a ticket. This would be the best day of my life if I got the chance to go...

Anyway, if I get to go, I'll post pics and review here. Here's to hoping I'll get lucky. :)
Good Luck Joey!!!  I am pullin' for you! =)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

borsukk04

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:53:31 am »
maybe i should post a new topic for this, but it is somewhat related. my radio station (in cleve, oh) just did the same thing-- adn announced it last week. its this private concert for 4 people (including one guest per person) and you had to submit your name for a chance to win.. and on saturday i found out that i won, so i get to go today for the concert! i'm pumped! good luck to you toom, you migght get luckier than you think! haha

Sure post a new one, I am sure other people would like to know where and how - let

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:06:54 am »
Not sure if it's too late but email them (whichever DJ is hosting it) or if they have all mentioned it email them all. Tell them how you are short points and a superfan. It can work.

Good luck. I HATE when random people win these contests and they only know that one song.

borsukk04

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 10:00:33 am »
today was a good concert- she played 'hands on me' 'atm' and nolita fairytale. her dog lord victor was there.. and there was only 8 of us there in the studio. sad thing is, i was the only person who actually knew more than 'atm.' as soon as she played that, you could hear the relief of everynoe there-- that they actually knew a song! haha hmm what else-- a 5 min q&a and that was about it. i had her sign my picture from the nyc sony studios/harmonium concert, and i think it caught her by surprise that an actual 'real' fan was there. so that was good, but all in all- great performance of her songs. cant wait until oct!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:16 am »
coolio!!! well I am sure it made her happy that there are still hardcore fnas out there...just go on nessaholics V!!! lol.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:52 am »
sounds like you had fun :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 12:33:42 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
Not sure if it's too late but email them (whichever DJ is hosting it) or if they have all mentioned it email them all. Tell them how you are short points and a superfan. It can work.

Good luck. I HATE when random people win these contests and they only know that one song.

I have already e-mailed a few people saying that I am a superfan. I just realized that August of 02 was when I registered for the O-Board. Five years with you guys :D

Either way, I now have 82,000 points and 220,000 invested in the auction. So if somebody outbids me, I'm just going to go ahead and do the "trade-in" for 300,000 points. I'm pretty sure that I am going to be there on Thursday.

God, this is exciting! I hope she does more than just a 5 minute Q&A.... and if that's it, then I will be occupying all 5 minutes, ha.
Joe

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 12:54:57 pm »
See if you can get a tracklisting for H&T out of her!
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 01:20:18 pm »
Quote from: "Will"

That is among my questions to ask. ;)
Joe

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 11:10:50 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
Quote from: "Will"

That is among my questions to ask. ;)

Good luck for that and the auction thing!! :)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Heriol

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 11:33:56 am »
I'll keep fingers crossed for you :)
Heriol

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 12:06:55 pm »
I won the auction! I placed a bid for 220,000 points Monday night and nobody outbid me. Consider me elated. :D
Joe