Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale Video Premier August 22nd!!!!!!  (Read 63638 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Nolita Fairytale Video Premier August 22nd!!!!!!
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:22 am »
LOVE IT!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2007, 08:26:00 am »
yay, I saw it. The beginning was great but it was like she knew it was coming. I think it would have been better if atm was playing at the beginning and she jumped out of the way for a few seconds before the crash and the crash kinda interrupted the atm and then NF began at the beginning piano part. but that's the amatuer director in me. The vid was hot. V does need to smile more, she's really beautiful. The only wierd things that got me were the anorexic skinny kid with fairy wings (that was just kinda disturbing) and the mushrooms. But I know it adds to the fairytale effect. Great vid. V looked so much better. I'm happy inside now! lol

IcyStorm

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2007, 08:27:26 am »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"
yay, I saw it. The beginning was great but it was like she knew it was coming. I think it would have been better if atm was playing at the beginning and she jumped out of the way for a few seconds before the crash and the crash kinda interrupted the atm and then NF began at the beginning piano part. but that's the amatuer director in me.

I actually like that idea better.
- IcyStorm

equeen1022

• AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2007, 08:30:03 am »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"
yay, I saw it. The beginning was great but it was like she knew it was coming. I think it would have been better if atm was playing at the beginning and she jumped out of the way for a few seconds before the crash and the crash kinda interrupted the atm and then NF began at the beginning piano part. but that's the amatuer director in me. The vid was hot. V does need to smile more, she's really beautiful. The only wierd things that got me were the anorexic skinny kid with fairy wings (that was just kinda disturbing) and the mushrooms. But I know it adds to the fairytale effect. Great vid. V looked so much better. I'm happy inside now! lol

I really like your idea.

The video is just ok to me. I like the fairytale aspects but the quick cuts take away from it all. I felt like I was watching an 80's video with modern scenery. I'm not saying it's bad, just could have been edited more smoothly imo.
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2007, 08:32:51 am »
I enjoyed it... Now I understand the repunsil thing.. but some parts were ehh
She looked great in it though
And the beginning making it seemed like atm actually made me close out of the window, I thought it was atm
Peace
-S

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2007, 09:39:26 am »
yea, cuz then people would be totally fooled and not know what happened when the cab hit the piano. Would have been so much cooler.

Heriol

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2007, 09:49:13 am »
I'm speechless.
The wrecked piano and the chess pieces, OMG!
JUST LUV IT!!!!!!!
Heriol

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2007, 10:19:19 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Kulp, I think you're right: this version is kind of a 3rd version, it has the longer intro of the "official" version and the "record" part of the older one we had.
I haven't checked the promo cd I have yet, I'll see tonight which version is on it, although I'm pretty sure it'll be the official iTunes one.
You're not the only one obsessed, well to be honest, I'm more intrigued than obsessed! ;)

8O
the version of the video is the same as the one on her myspace!!!!!

why didn't I see that the myspace version was different before??

isn't the one on myspace the same as the itunes one?
(sorry, i woundn't know :oops: )

but now it looks like this version will be on the album, and the one released on the inc record's site (which is currently like down or something :? ), the one with "rec--ord" is just some special recording, I don't even know.

this whole thing just blows my mind...

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2007, 11:40:33 am »
Kulp, I'm listening to it now and the version on the promo cd is the same one from the video: the "record" part is smooth like the first version we ever heard.
This is very weird... :?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2007, 11:46:30 am »
I liked the video, especially the beginning. I also thought that it was ATM video, because I went to Youtube and they upload different video to different songs all the time.

Now all we need is the "Home" video.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2007, 12:00:23 pm »
So of course at first I started to fall for the whole atm thing in the beginning... haha.  I liked the idea - she looks wonderful and happy :D   I really enjoyed the video!
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2007, 12:26:39 pm »
ok I'm gonna do a breakdown post for those of us who are confused with the different versions of Nolita Fairytale.

. first, we have the "Pre-Release "demo" version" around 3:18 in length
this is the first full length version of Nolita Fairytale released on the internet. very similar to the actual album version we have now, except the extended drum intro is missing

. second, we have the "Alternate vocal version" around 3:27/3:28 in length
this was originally released on The Inc. Records official website as "Nolita Fairy Tale". This is the first time we heard the extended drum intro to Nolita Fairytale, also, a noticible difference in the vocals, especially around 1:25 into the song, when Vanessa says "take away my record deal" more people seem to like it over the first recording.

. third, we have the official album version, (or at least so far the official Single version) (3:28 in length) originally released on iTunes, (and promo single CDs across the united states) also on Vanessa's official myspace page. This version is used in the music video. basically it's the first version, but with the extended drum intro as in the 2nd version. The vocal track seems to be the same as the first recording (going by the difference in the line "take away my record deal")

I haven't gone too far into investigating this, because it seems hard and complicated, but...
yeah basically that's the breakdown

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2007, 12:36:19 pm »
Haha, Kulp, you crack me up man!
I can't believe you actually made a whole post explaining this!
But good job nonetheless, hehe! ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2007, 12:39:48 pm »
oh and is it me or it did not even look like the same piano from AIM in the video the top of it its more like I don't know and than on ATM its curved....am I right or just crazy?!?!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

hearingballads

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2007, 12:40:26 pm »
hahahhahahha! I know, the only thing that threw me off was the anorexic skinny skin holding an umbrella or something. I was like great I was just amazed by Vanessa's gorgeousness then this dude showed up. But I guess that's the accurate depiction of people hanging out on nolita fairytale!