Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale Video Premier August 22nd!!!!!!  (Read 69871 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale Video Premier August 22nd!!!!!!
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2007, 03:49:18 pm »
i'm not gonna read through this whole thread...

but am i the only one who actually didn't like the very beginning of the video with the ATM opening?   very cheesy...

hoooooooooowever, from when the taxi hits the piano its a cool video and i dug the rest of it.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2007, 03:54:39 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
I dont know if anyone has posted this but there is like an ad on the main page of AOL music for the vid..
http://www.aolmusic.com

I just thought it was cool to see her on there :)

Thanks. BTW We should all check out the video on the AOL site as well, to get the hit count up.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2007, 03:56:33 pm »
hahaha that's a pretty awful screen shot they used though...
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

fairytales

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
wooww
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2007, 04:29:09 pm »
i love this mv!!!!...i love the song...the scenes shows her artsy...nd i think someone just said that the symbol of smashing the piano is like getting rid of her past in A&M..i thought right now she's really enjoying her life...this is what she really wants....some people think of her as the girl who just sits to her piano and sing...nd doesn't see who she really is inside.... but this mv just shows a lot of things that matters to her...more of who she is right now, she's more mature and better in everything!!.. im more than glad she's happy!...she inspired me so much...in her songs..piano... and her perception in life...tnx vanessa....reallyy thank you for still being there...lol... i almost cried...(im so dramtic.lol)...^______________^

p.s. i agreed that she should smile more often..shes beautiful... :)
--Funny how the things you need will find you
The things you want will leave you wanting some more
Everything that comes along reminds you
You can either rise above or you can hit the floor--

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2007, 04:33:42 pm »
My favorite parts of it was the unicorn because I have a thing for them and seeing her twirling in the street in the red dress. I'd like to see her dance more in the videos.

I think it would have been cool if they would have had Irv run by pointing and screaming "you're da' shit!" while Vanessa was in the street. I enjoyed when he did that at the Roxy.

mikepepsi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2007, 04:44:34 pm »
love the video
think they could have slowed down the cab crash a little for effect,

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2007, 05:23:49 pm »
I am not sure if anyone said this yet, but the piano is not the same as the one in ATM. The main difference is the lid. It is square, not very common on baby grands... This must have been a crappy piano, or not even a piano. Just parts made to look like a piano.... The piano looked, when it blew up that it was fake, with out a soundboard, and strings.... almost as if it was filled with loose dry dirt... I am not sure, but it is a guess, I have see a piano explode, and you see a little more snap... IDK, I am not a professional at piano explosions or anything.. Just an idea..
peace
steve
Peace
-S

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2007, 05:41:26 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
I am not sure if anyone said this yet, but the piano is not the same as the one in ATM. The main difference is the lid. It is square, not very common on baby grands... This must have been a crappy piano, or not even a piano. Just parts made to look like a piano.... The piano looked, when it blew up that it was fake, with out a soundboard, and strings.... almost as if it was filled with loose dry dirt... I am not sure, but it is a guess, I have see a piano explode, and you see a little more snap... IDK, I am not a professional at piano explosions or anything.. Just an idea..
peace
steve

The piano used in the first video wasn't a full functioning piano.  It was just there for looks.  It was an old piano from the junk yard or something.  I know I'm not totally correct word for word but I know it was an old piano that wasn't working....from what was said about it.  So basically it was the same thing from the first video.  I don't think it matters anyway as it looks the same from what I saw in both videos.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2007, 06:21:21 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
peace
steve

The piano used in the first video wasn't a full functioning piano.  It was just there for looks.  It was an old piano from the junk yard or something.  I know I'm not totally correct word for word but I know it was an old piano that wasn't working....from what was said about it.  So basically it was the same thing from the first video.  I don't think it matters anyway as it looks the same from what I saw in both videos.

Yea, I remember that interview. The piano though between the 2 are completely different... They are not the same piano
Peace
-S

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2007, 06:23:22 pm »
honestly, i didn't think it was all that great. i was expecting something much better.

the editing was really choppy and kind of crappy.  :oops:

NolitaUnicorn

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mandydstrawberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2007, 06:34:31 pm »
I have a ton of favorite parts but one of my favorites was when she ran away from the piano she runs soooo cute!! I love he way she dances to :D

Today I was so excited for her video that I did my hair exactly like it was when she was wearing the jeans and scarf I didnt look as good as Nessa but I still liked the way it looked.

***Boycott The Superficial***
Be my friend on myspace!!!!http://www.myspace.com/mandydstrawberry

NolitaUnicorn

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2007, 06:37:48 pm »
I want a dog like the one she has in the video it is sooo cute!! :o

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2007, 06:49:44 pm »
^ahh i know! i have a dog that looks just like victor.

they could be buddies.

NolitaUnicorn

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2007, 06:51:32 pm »
really? you are so lucky!! I like the part where she flaps his ears :wink:

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2007, 07:10:33 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
peace
steve

Yea, I remember that interview. The piano though between the 2 are completely different... They are not the same piano

Whatever dude.  Maybe you should go find the pieces of it and examine it for authenticity.  I saw both of them just like everyone else in the world did.  It seemed to be the same exact piano to me.  That piano can now be seen in parts, some of it in the grill of a new york city taxi.  You should ask the taxi company if it was real or not.

Later the taxi will end up in another video and you will say, "But that is not the same taxi!  Look there are no dents!"

Who cares!  It was the same piano.