Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale Video Premier August 22nd!!!!!!  (Read 63639 times)

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale Video Premier August 22nd!!!!!!
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2007, 07:58:27 am »
I love how free Nessa looks in this video
dancing around in her red dress  :D

NolitaFairytale

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:23 am »
Oh, My God! I love it so much! It is all so awesome, and the beginning is just fantastic, LOL. Thanks for uploading it to youtube all that did :).

jsbachsonata

• MSN Messenger - jsbach_sonata@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jsbachsonata
    • View Profile
crappy
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2007, 08:46:38 am »
I was expecting a lot when I watched the beginning of the video. I think it's pretty cool to play on the success of ATM and go from there..... i loved the beginning ten seconds of the video, and everything else was total crap except for vanessa's hair makeup and clothing. The video is too alternative and indie  in its cinematography, editting, and just overall color tones. The beginning ten seconds was awesome because it looked like a great clean cut mainstream music video with an INTERESTING narrative. Now this video is neither interesting nor contains some kind of narrative, however small it may be. Even ATM had a story --- vanessa's travelling around the city (making her way downtown). It is a small story but at least it was something that was simple enough and easy to grasp for a lot of people. The video had very pleasing colors and a very metropolitan meets classical chic feel-- it was very stylish.... but nolita fairytale is a dissappointment to me... not stylish or interesting. It will be interesting to see how well this will be received later on but I will not be surprised if this ends up being a flop......... again :(

jsbachsonata

• MSN Messenger - jsbach_sonata@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jsbachsonata
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2007, 08:49:26 am »
and seriously i would not show the image of a canines-showing, barking dog after a passage of piano arpeggios.............. the director needs to be fired

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2007, 08:52:28 am »
WOW.... finally (My internet had to stop functioning on the morning of the 22nd...right???)... Anyways I love the vid...

I knew right away it wasnt the ATM vid because of the cow on the fridge... The original ATM vid has this black n white cow on the fridge in the garage... this one has a dalmation cut out... :P(Over obsessed...I know)

But the rest of the video is very well done... incorporating the literal meaning of a fairytale... and metaphorically (you can see it in her smile... she has never smiled this much in a music vid before....:P)... its pretty much evident from the vid...!!!

I just love it!!!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2007, 08:57:57 am »
JSBACH- - The dog in the park scene? I like that scene a lot!! I like how it's in sepia tone, too. I think it fits very well! The dog doesn't seem mean or angry to me. I thought of it as a playful dog running toward the camera as it would run after a ball to play fetch. And I really like the shot of it jumping off the guy's back (or whatever it was, I'm trying to remember). . . I think you might just be making the snarling dog connection because it looks like a pit bull . . .

And the video does tell a story, I think. You just have to listen to the song lyrics and then you'll realize that she's trying to show you what her urban Nolita life consists of. She walks Victor around the city alot I'm sure, and probably sees all these things she's seeing in the video on a daily basis- and the CGI fairytale elements are just a neat and visible manifestation of her imagination I'd bet. Plus they are fun to watch!

I don't see why this video would do badly. I like the "first ten seconds" too, but I definitely don't think it's the best part of the video. I was never the biggest fan of the floating piano (that's in no way realistic either, and that whole video looked bumpy to me- they tried to make it look smooth but it was obviously the thing was being pulled along on a trailer). I think it's a very cute and interesting video- most videos these days are cookie cutter or way too weird to even comprehend. I think Vanessa picked a good balance. That's not to say the song will do well. Nobody really cares that much about videos anymore and it will still mostly come down to promotion and radio play, I think!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2007, 09:32:17 am »
A lot of people on forums/blogs seem to be loving the video and wishing Vanessa well, suprisingly ... Let's hope she just gets that little extra push from Irv so that she can be as big as she was (even bigger too, hopefully) back in 2002.

djQUAN

• MSN Messenger - djquan128@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - djquan128@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.djquan.angelcities.com
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2007, 10:11:29 am »
took me a while to download the 70MB vid but hey, it's worth it. :)

very nice. definitely has the most VC smiles in any of her vids.  :D  :D  :D

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2007, 11:50:45 am »
I like this video because we see Vanessa at her happiest. I have never seen her smile so much in a video. That means she is as happy as she is now and is ready add more songs to her "hit" list.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2007, 12:39:46 pm »
Quote from: "craft"
I like this video because we see Vanessa at her happiest. I have never seen her smile so much in a video. That means she is as happy as she is now and is ready add more songs to her "hit" list.

So true! I absolutely love this video! Mainly because I never thought I'd see another Vanessa Carlton video again, but also because it just makes you feel SO happy! She is so smiley and the fairytale theme works so well.

Something tells me she's in love with Irv Gotti...
"I'm all about the wordplay."

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 23, 2007, 05:38:23 pm »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Quote from: "Nessaholista"
Hey guys,

Who directed the video? Nessa?

It was the same guy who directed "A Thousand Miles". Mark Klasfeld (or something like that).

I think I'm going to become a Mark Klasfeld fan.  Does anyone have any info on him?  Does he have a myspace account anywhere?  What other work has he done?  He really does have a great imagination.  Even if you don't like the video, with the time between the shooting and the release it is pretty excellent.  I was suprized on how soon it came out, I don't know about you.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #251 on: August 23, 2007, 05:43:28 pm »
According to Wikipedia, he's directed the following videos:

Jay-Z — "Girls, Girls, Girls"
Sum 41 — "Fat Lip", "In Too Deep", "The Hell Song", "We're All to Blame", "Still Waiting", "Underclass Hero"
Avenged Sevenfold — "Bat Country" *Winner 2006 MTV Best New Artist Video Award
Enrique Iglesias — "Don't Turn off the Lights" (banned version)
Scarface — "My Block"
'N Sync — "Girlfriend"
Bloodhound Gang — "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo"
Destiny's Child — "Lose My Breath"
Jewel — "Intuition"
Foo Fighters — "Times like These"
Nelly — "Country Grammar", "Batter Up", "Ride Wit Me" *Winner 2001 MTV Best New Artist Video Award
Backstreet Boys — "Just Want You to Know"
Bad Ronald — " Let's Begin (Shoot the Sh**)"
Ludacris — "Area Codes"
Kelis — "Bossy", "Blindfold Me", "Lil' Star"
Taking Back Sunday — "MakeDamnSure"
Simple Plan — "Untitled", "Crazy"
Bon Jovi — "Misunderstood", "All About Lovin' You"
Vanessa Carlton — "A Thousand Miles", "Ordinary Day", "Nolita Fairytale"
Gnarls Barkley — "Smiley Faces"
Nerina Pallot — "Everybody's Gone to War"
Juvenile — "Ha", "Rodeo"
Slipknot — "Vermillion 2"
Shyne — "Bad Boyz", "That's Gangsta"
Alien Ant Farm — "Smooth Criminal", "Movies", "These Days"
Tom Jones — "International"
3 Doors Down — "When I'm Gone" (gravedigger version)
Jermaine Dupri & Ludacris — "Welcome To Atlanta"
Rakim — "On The Mic"
Floetry — "Floetic"
Musiq Soulchild — "Love", "Teach Me"
Bubba Sparxxx — "Ugly"
Three Six Mafia — "Tear Da Club Up"
Avril Lavigne — "When You're Gone"
Shop Boyz — "Party Like a Rock Star"
Chamillionaire — "Hip-Hop Police", "Evening News"

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 23, 2007, 05:50:18 pm »
Yeah, I saw that.  Pretty cool.  I have to watch some of those.  I really like photography so maybe I can get some stylistic inspiration off of him.  (Never mind that I don't have a camera right now.)

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 23, 2007, 05:54:16 pm »
I forgot to add, I went on to the forums as soon as I woke up (5:50 am) yesterday and watched it, then showed it to my mom.

My mom loves it lol.  We talk about Vanessa all the time, actually.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 23, 2007, 05:56:07 pm »
mmhm I do to with my mom and dad and stuff my 3 year old sister sings along with White Houses well not the whole song but like key words and stuff its cute I have to tape it one of these days!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.