Author Topic: "This Time" on new album?  (Read 11678 times)

Joel

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Joel Ramnaraine Photography
"This Time" on new album?
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:56:19 am »
Hey guys,

I've been keeping up-to-date with all that's going on with V and, "Heroes and Thieve." I've see the list of confirmed tracks so far and I couldn't help but notice that "This Time" wasn't on the list.

Maybe it's too soon to tell, but is there any word on whether "This Time" will make it on the album?? I don't know what it is about the song, but out of all the tracks I've heard from the album, that one's my most absolute favorite. :razz:

I was just wondering...

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: "This Time" on new album?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:34:52 am »
Quote from: "Joel"
Hey guys,

I've been keeping up-to-date with all that's going on with V and, "Heroes and Thieve." I've see the list of confirmed tracks so far and I couldn't help but notice that "This Time" wasn't on the list.

Maybe it's too soon to tell, but is there any word on whether "This Time" will make it on the album?? I don't know what it is about the song, but out of all the tracks I've heard from the album, that one's my most absolute favorite. :razz:

I was just wondering...

I have been wondering the SAME! "This time" is my favorite.   :twisted:  :twisted:

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 10:10:43 am »
same here.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 10:26:46 am »
no official word yet.
and she hasn't been playing it live recently... so...
it doesn't look good :/

there was work on it in studio..
but then again, there was also for Best Behavior, and that's not gonna be on the album :/

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 10:37:27 am »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
no official word yet.

but then again, there was also for Best Behavior, and that's not gonna be on the album :/

Why isn't Best Behavior going to make the album cut? I was under the impression that it's in the same situation as This Time and has yet to be confirmed with an official word from Vanessa.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 10:39:23 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
no official word yet.

Why isn't Best Behavior going to make the album cut? I was under the impression that it's in the same situation as This Time and has yet to be confirmed with an official word from Vanessa.

V told me that it wasn't going to be on the album. It seemed like a definite, not a maybe. I didn't get a chance to ask about All is Well or This Time.
Joe

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 10:43:59 am »
Quote from: "Jophess"
no official word yet.

V told me that it wasn't going to be on the album. It seemed like a definite, not a maybe. I didn't get a chance to ask about All is Well or This Time.

Well that sucks, it's one of the better songs.

Hopefully it'll show up as a b-side on a single or something. We're probably gonna end up with another album with an 11 track cut. Lame.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 11:14:59 am »
I really think that This Time will be on the album.....she co-wrote it with Linda Perry so i dunno if she would cut one of the few songs she wrote with her...

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 11:16:23 am »
She hasn't been playing it at shows anymore, so I dunno ... I hope not anyway.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 11:17:54 am »
no official word yet.

Hopefully it'll show up as a b-side on a single or something. We're probably gonna end up with another album with an 11 track cut. Lame.

Well when it comes to albums, I think that I would rather have 10 or 11 songs that are really good and really well done and deep instead of 12-15 songs that half of them are just fillers.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 11:19:58 am »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
no official word yet.

Well when it comes to albums, I think that I would rather have 10 or 11 songs that are really good and really well done and deep instead of 12-15 songs that half of them are just fillers.

With V could we ever really consider one of her songs a filler? :P
lmao.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Joel

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Joel Ramnaraine Photography
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 11:24:13 am »
Thanks for the replies!! It's a pitty the track won't make the final album cut!! :( I was really looking forward to hearing a clean final cut of the song. Like portions said, hopefully it'll be released on a CD-single or a B-side or something along those lines.

Crud... I love that song!!!

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 11:24:39 am »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
no official word yet.

I think Vanessa's shown she's more than capable of writing material that's not filler. Best Behavior is definately not a filler track, and if featured on the album would not be considered as such.

And I don't think plunking down more songs on H&T would way down Vanessa's creativity in any shape or form. We'd just have more awesome songs to look forward to.

But I think she's really OCD when it comes to track numbers for some reasons. Like, she really wanted Harmonium to have 10 tracks, and by the grace of the flying spahgetti monster in the sky, or god, whichever name you prefer, we got The Wreckage as a bonus track.

I still think she should have left Where The Streets Have No Name on the domestic release. Watch the foreign markets get all the goods again as we get screwed for another round.

remixx

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 11:50:13 am »
WHAT!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!???????????????????????????????????!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!??!

the promosquad clip of the song was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! why would they test it on promosquad if they weren't even sure they were putting it on the album? isn't promosquad used to test POTENTIAL SINGLES!?

this song is PERFECTION and it MUST be on the album.

i'll die if we never get a full studio recording.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 12:09:22 pm »
I never said that she writes songs as fillers I was just saying that its better to have a CD with a few songs that all mean well and are awesome instead of like an album with a lot of songs with half of them being fillers. I don't care how many songs are on her new album, I know its going to be great even if it has 10 or 11 songs on it.