Author Topic: Signs of life  (Read 2585 times)

Zloska_of_yy

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
Signs of life
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:42:23 am »
Hey all
After months of writer's block and too little time to actually spend on writing I finally have some output again. It's not finished yet, but as soon as I have finished it I will post the entire version. Comments and feedback are very much appreciated as always. And I am interested as to whether you know what it's about. A friend of mine had no clue.

no revelations or wonders
just the plain old, plain old
follow the line another day
and trace the circle all the way
across
hopes
for another layer to unfold
sometime
sometime

those are the signs of life

they are putting
the echo on again
"wait and you will see the reward"
but these soothing words
like golden swords
still stain red
as they carve across my chest
the puzzle of belonging
pieced together as tears collide
inside
inside

how long
hold on
thinking she will guide
the Lady with the dice
reverse
mirror
and join the hunter's game
that demands to be played
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Signs of life
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 06:21:10 am »
its really nice!
but i have no clue what it's about...! LOL  :lol:  :lol:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Signs of life
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:47 pm »
I really like it! Is it a poem or song lyrics?
The beauty of poetry/lyrics is that they are open to interpretation... it makes me think of school, work etc.- the boredom, the monotony... waiting for something to happen- something that will make you feel like you are living, that the waiting has been worth it... wanting to rebel... feeling the need to, because it makes you feel alive. This is what I think of after reading it once. I'll give it another read later. I really enjoy your writing style. It's intelligent and thought-provoking.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Signs of life
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:25:23 pm »
I absolutely love this part

but these soothing words
like golden swords
still stain red
as they carve across my chest
the puzzle of belonging
pieced together as tears collide

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Zloska_of_yy

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
Signs of life
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 05:17:26 am »
Wow, thanks for the great comments!! I really appreciate it. And there I was thinking that this thread was completely lost and would never be replied to.

@MeganJane: you're pretty close with your interpretation and thanks about your comment about my style of writing, it's just about the greatest compliment I could wish for.

Now the song: it is about letting life (and love) just run its course and basically waiting for something to happen and whether that's the right thing to do. It's also about friends telling you that things will work out, but that you yourself don't feel like that and that can be pretty frustrating. It's something I have been struggling with for a long time because I'm not the kind of person who is (or wants to be) a "hunter" so to speak and I begin to doubt myself at times whether I should be more "aggresive".

Anyway, I hope I'll have new stuff to show you sometime soon because you always give great comments. I'm a very slow writer though  and things have to be pretty much perfect when I write (they are lyrics btw) and that's why even though I came up with this in August it's still not finished.... I also barely have the time to sit down and really think about my writing, but comments like these really make me enthusiastic about it again.
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."